AFL Canberra Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep agreed, Love how close the comp is in all grades other then 2s TBH. I reckon any team playing finals this year can win it. My predictions for premiers in each grade are,

1s - Belconnen
2s - Ainslie
3s - Woden
4s - Yass

Good predictions, top end of all the comps will be tight. I think Coota though from what I understand can play finals at the Clarke Oval, so for mine they will win it all in fours.

Molonglo in threes, but would love to see the Bay get up.

Twos Ainslie and ones I reckon Ainslie in a tight one against Belconnen.

Yep agreed, Love how close the comp is in all grades other then 2s TBH. I reckon any team playing finals this year can win it. My predictions for premiers in each grade are,

1s - Belconnen
2s - Ainslie
3s - Woden
4s - Yass

1s - Belconnen beat Ainslie
2s - Ainslie beat Any of the 3
3s - Uni beat Woden
4s - Coota beat Yass

I'm not on top of this so could be wrong but if Yass finish 3rd won't they meet Coota in a prelim?
For 4's I'll say Coota v Cooma

No mate, Coota played lowest ranked winner from 3-6 playoffs. So we could potentially see last years finalists Uni and Yass playing eachother in a prelim.

Goodluck to all today.

Good predictions, top end of all the comps will be tight. I think Coota though from what I understand can play finals at the Clarke Oval, so for mine they will win it all in fours.

Molonglo in threes, but would love to see the Bay get up.

Twos Ainslie and ones I reckon Ainslie in a tight one against Belconnen.

This isn't my understanding mate at all. All 4s games are played at the equivalent 3s home team eg yass v adfa/Goulburn will be at wodens home ground, with the exception of the 2nd week of the finals when the 2nd ranked team after the reg season which will be anu home game because there is only one 3s game. Unless it's been changed every 4s final will be in Canberra

Belconnen come from behind to beat Qbyn in reserves in a massive contest. Few players from Belconnen (Mcgilvray, Burridge) stepped up to make it a thriller in the end winning by 2 goals. Belconnen was a man down early after Wilcox was hit high late after a taking a mark and come down on his top. Looked very bad and didn't return, hope all is good there.

Really looking forward to 1s contest here. There's a strong breeze towards one goal so should be close.

Any news around the grounds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky mate. Great year though for the worries at the start.

Belconnen up at the half in the 1s by 4 goals here. Just heard that Uni and Belconnen were tied at half time in 4s. Yass could be a chance for top 2!

Think Uni 4s got over them in the end... 4.14 at half time for the Griffins flattered Belco a bit. Were 5 goals up at 3qt.

I watched the belco uni game. I reckon the uni old boys playing straight after would have put their 4s side away by ten goals. So many towel wavers running round for uni today.

Genuinely that's what should happen Maggy 3s belting the 4s... especially when they've only got those two teams!

Qbyn unbelievable 2nd half today to beat Belconnen by close to 60 points, just run them off their feet. Was very surprised. Next week set to be great start to finals.

Next weekends venues been sorted boys.

1s and 2s:

Saturday (1v2 games) at Belconnen
Sunday (3 v 4 games) at Queanbeyan

3s and 4s:

Saturday (3v6 games) at Stirling
Sunday (4v5 games) at Uni

Also heard that Uni will host the prelim in 4s at South but Coota will have to play their prelim final wherever the 3s prelim is.

Genuinely that's what should happen Maggy 3s belting the 4s... especially when they've only got those two teams!

Qbyn unbelievable 2nd half today to beat Belconnen by close to 60 points, just run them off their feet. Was very surprised. Next week set to be great start to finals.

Wow saw the score! who played well from both teams Hammo? not shocked QBN won but am at the margin.

1s - Belconnen
2s - Ainslie
3s - Woden
4s - Yass

1s - Ainslie (bias showing, will be very tight between Belconnen, qbyn and us)
2s - Ainslies to lose
3s - Batemans Bay (hitting form at the right time in a tight comp)
4s - Coots (too much top end talent, provided they play to potential)

Wow saw the score! who played well from both teams Hammo? not shocked QBN won but am at the margin.

Bryce was a standout mate. Easy 3 votes for him. Bennett was good for Belconnen first half but honestly it was one way traffic second half, don't know what happened to Belconnen at the half but it was a 70 odd point turnaround. Makes me think nearly anyone can win that 1s comp now.

Well, this weekend..
4's Yass over ADFA - Cats over Woden
3's ADFA over Woden - Seahawks over ANU
2's Ainslie over QBN - Belco over Eastlake
1's Belco over Ainslie - Qbn over Eastlake

Bryce was a standout mate. Easy 3 votes for him. Bennett was good for Belconnen first half but honestly it was one way traffic second half, don't know what happened to Belconnen at the half but it was a 70 odd point turnaround. Makes me think nearly anyone can win that 1s comp now.

Thanks mate he certainly is a good player, makes this week interesting in the 1s. Might spur Belconnen on a bit and QBN hititng form at the right time. Ainslie are always very dangerous! How good is finals time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back