AFL Canberra Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday Footy Yass roos will lose 3 to knee reconstructions Being D willo, Sammy Campbell and Adam forth , and Lees ,Brooks, Foran ,Powers,curtois and two undecided to retirement.
Wow mate big turn over! How does a 1 team club recruit players to cover that many going out?

True mate ,you blokes got many retirements ?
I'm not really sure, we did have a few older fellas this year and some that filled in when they could, so hopefully some of the younger guys can get some mates along.
Focussing on getting an under 10's and 12's in 2018 and growing the juniors so we don't have this problem in 10 years time.

On F8331 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not really sure, we did have a few older fellas this year and some that filled in when they could, so hopefully some of the younger guys can get some mates along.
Focussing on getting an under 10's and 12's in 2018 and growing the juniors so we don't have this problem in 10 years time.

On F8331 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sounds good mate good luck with your endeavours of the juniors , you blokes have always had a solid committee so I'm sure things will work out

Does Anyone know who is coaching Eastlake, Gungahlin and Tuggeranong this year in the 1s comp?? Would think Pre season would be due back soon for all clubs.

Rumour has it that the coota blues have resigned former premiership winning captain coach and league medallist webby as coach for the 2018 season. Anyone had a get together yet. ??

ANU looking for coaches for both grades according to AFL Canberra FB page... Heard they're already into twice a week training sessions without them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello footy yass have two players from last years side taking on the roll , as for me I’m considering a change but yes I think I’ll go around again .
Good to hear you will stay involved somewhere mate, any clues to what club you will be at? Hopefully all other clubs that don't have coaches sort it out soon. Preseason is not that far away.

Hello footy yass have two players from last years side taking on the roll , as for me I’m considering a change but yes I think I’ll go around again .

See you next week SC

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the club is currently seeking expressions of interest for the following position:

Senior Coach - Men's Division 4

A Level 1 AFL coaching certificate is preferred, however suitable candidates can undertake this qualification if required.

Candidates are encouraged to apply via
e-mail to the club:

goulburnswans@hotmail.com

For any further information, please contact 0431198961

Applications close end of business, Monday January 22nd"

See you next week SC

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the club is currently seeking expressions of interest for the following position:

Senior Coach - Men's Division 4

A Level 1 AFL coaching certificate is preferred, however suitable candidates can undertake this qualification if required.

Candidates are encouraged to apply via
e-mail to the club:

goulburnswans@hotmail.com

For any further information, please contact 0431198961

Applications close end of business, Monday January 22nd"

So assuming all teams are into pre season ! How are things shaping up for this year . I heard a rumour that tuggers and belco will not have fours this year .Anybody else hear this ?

Last edited:
I had heard about Belconnen possibly going up to 3's but I hadn't heard anything about Tuggeranong. I think they would really struggle in 3's as they haven't been able to make finals in 4's. Good luck to both if they do take the step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back