AFL Canberra Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference there would be Belconnen always had a 4s team in 2016 the 3s just folded wouldn't it?

I guess, but to fold midseason in 3s and effectively drop them to 4s (rather than fold 4s) would be as good a reason as any to remove the ability to play for points.

Really hope Coota don't be put in that situation, they look like they are going to throw a spanner in the 4s comp which is great to see. Was worried only a couple of teams would be fighting for it at the end of the year but looks like we could have an interesting comp on our hands.

Really hope Coota don't be put in that situation, they look like they are going to throw a spanner in the 4s comp which is great to see. Was worried only a couple of teams would be fighting for it at the end of the year but looks like we could have an interesting comp on our hands.

Heard last night that Coota are playing for points so guess that's that. Yeah it's a ripping comp so far, 9 teams that have a chance at top 6

Cooma v coota match of the round this weekend , would love to go watch that one .

Gee Cooma has a tough run home, they are my smokey to win it. Finally someone figured out playing Taylor Lee down forward works as opposed to using him as a lock down defender.

Coota were impressive, Maskell-Knight proved a bit of a handful for our undersized defence, but on occasions the movement from blokes like McDermott and Chanty made it incredibly hard to stop.

Looking forward to the challenge of ADFA tomorrow, certainly keen to get a result and keep the pressure on the top 6.

Gee Cooma has a tough run home, they are my smokey to win it. Finally someone figured out playing Taylor Lee down forward works as opposed to using him as a lock down defender.

Coota were impressive, Maskell-Knight proved a bit of a handful for our undersized defence, but on occasions the movement from blokes like McDermott and Chanty made it incredibly hard to stop.

Looking forward to the challenge of ADFA tomorrow, certainly keen to get a result and keep the pressure on the top 6.

Tails has started every final we've lost the last 3 years at full forward and got moved back to full back because the game was slipping, the coaches knew from the start that he was a gun full forward but only now have depth that can cover him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the mail on Belconnen was true. What's happening there? There first grade had a cracking win over Ainslie and reserves lost but still seem to be going alright... Maybe we were wrong and there 4s deserve to be where they are

So the mail on Belconnen was true. What's happening there? There first grade had a cracking win over Ainslie and reserves lost but still seem to be going alright... Maybe we were wrong and there 4s deserve to be where they are
Didn't Batemans bay have top up players from Belconnen who couldn't play twos ?? That's the rumour I herd

Last edited:
Couple of questions, why don't afl canberra update team lists ,goal kickers ,etc etc so there accurate ? And how many players who played third grade the weekend before can drop to fours the next weekend when there threes have the bye ?

Couple of questions, why don't afl canberra update team lists ,goal kickers ,etc etc so there accurate ? And how many players who played third grade the weekend before can drop to fours the next weekend when there threes have the bye ?

Not to sure about the team list but I always thought the rule was if a player plays a higher grade one week and then that grade has a bye the next week they can't drop down a grade only can go up. Unless the club gets permission from the league. Could be wrong however.

Not to sure about the team list but I always thought the rule was if a player plays a higher grade one week and then that grade has a bye the next week they can't drop down a grade only can go up. Unless the club gets permission from the league. Could be wrong however.
Pretty sure that's right

General question Southcab or you questioning a team in particular? :sunglasses:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back