AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a couple of waggas best ever played with wagga tigers in ACT mate.95 % of the best footballers in wagga would never be seen playing for them.They are mostly just jerks and you fellas gave them a good belting for us while they played over there and we are all thankfull for that.

Thats why they didnt win many flags out your way hey?? Sounds like you know your stuff!!

Go back to page 103, thread #1531, doesnt the post say those 2 going to Gungahlin....and your correct I was never as good as Eccers even if I did bag 11 on him out at MDO one day near the end of my senior career.
I think you will find that somewhere further on, it says that they have got no money and it was just a rumour.You sound like one of those blokes who always played wiyh strong clubs in ACT and never really did it hard and now you preach how good you were.In relation to Wagga tigers they are only one of 10 footy clubs in the wagga area.They have had a great run including winning the prem. last year but also lost there fair share of games and finished 3rd after home and aways i think.If they werent such w***ers all the best players around here might have played with them in ACT and the results would have been different i think.Anyway enjoy the great crowds and atmosphere you have over there mate, and the 5 or 6 clubs in your league now Maybe ec and G will end up over in Wagga .I dont know why anyone would want to play in ACT any more.

:D Didn't ask `cause I had already heard but didnt take anything out of it so didn't bother mentioning it. By all accounts the new Ainslie players seem to have gelled quite well together considering there were only about 8 players who knew each other prior to the start of pre-season and they all played together at Box Hill!!!:eek:
Strange that everone should be rumouring about a State League with players from all around representing a single Club... I reckon Ainslie will be doing that everytime they field a team.:D Good luck to them if they can get almost a complete new team together in a couple of months, pay them a $h!t3 load of money and have them playing as a complete unit ready for the start of the new season. I guess only time will tell if they are all still mates at the end of the season; lots of different players from lots of different areas means lots of different personalities.:(

only 4 from box hill mate.. 70-80% would have played last year or are players coming back to the club.. the rest made up of quality recruits.. the big diff this year is they have done a big pre season (not like last year), everyone is fit which is where a lot of improvement will come from not just the recruits coming in.. would like to know how much queynbeyan and belco are paying 4 players.. would say more than ainslie!! some of the stuff on here about money is b.s.. and yes dub so far everyone is getting on great, the recruits are all good blokes.. some might say getting on to well from a few social outings:thumbsu::D

I think you will find that somewhere further on, it says that they have got no money and it was just a rumour.You sound like one of those blokes who always played wiyh strong clubs in ACT and never really did it hard and now you preach how good you were.In relation to Wagga tigers they are only one of 10 footy clubs in the wagga area.They have had a great run including winning the prem. last year but also lost there fair share of games and finished 3rd after home and aways i think.If they werent such w***ers all the best players around here might have played with them in ACT and the results would have been different i think.Anyway enjoy the great crowds and atmosphere you have over there mate, and the 5 or 6 clubs in your league now Maybe ec and G will end up over in Wagga .I dont know why anyone would want to play in ACT any more.

Wagga never got anywhere in the ACTAFL because they were arrogant and believed that they were owed something; if half the players in their team were actually playing for something more than the money, they might have actually won a few more games other than those against the Creek!!:eek:
Gormo won't play again... at least not at any level of professionalism; he may throw the boots on for a kick with his mates but the tired old warrior has probably secretly been somewhat pleased that the Creek have disbanded. He would have had to play again this year and while still more than capable to the watching crowd; his body was not doing him any favours and he risked long term injury if not permanent injury every time he played. Eckers could still get a gig with one of the big 4 if he lost some kegs and got fit but his priorities are with his young family and finishing the new house that Eckers built!!:D
Both would be flattered to hear their names bandied around like players of fortune but in reality they are most likely just happy to not have to put so much effort in every week just to play a game of footy.
As for ABH; well as much as I hate to p!$$ in his pocket, he was a fairly handy footballer and don't flatter yourself pb23... he was better than any fwd I've seen come out of the Wagga leagues in the last ten years at least.

only 4 from box hill mate.. 70-80% would have played last year or are players coming back to the club.. the rest made up of quality recruits.. the big diff this year is they have done a big pre season (not like last year), everyone is fit which is where a lot of improvement will come from not just the recruits coming in.. would like to know how much queynbeyan and belco are paying 4 players.. would say more than ainslie!! some of the stuff on here about money is b.s.. and yes dub so far everyone is getting on great, the recruits are all good blokes.. some might say getting on to well from a few social outings:thumbsu::D

Thanks for the update bigunit; glad to hear that the proud tri-colours are becoming strong again but I have to rebute your claim that not much money is being thrown around. Clubs like Belconnen and Queanbeyan have become strong because they resist the urge to pay outrageous amounts for what is still essentially a part time semi-professional job. I spoke to an identity at the Tigers on Monday night and whilst he wouldn't divulge the payment info, I have no reason to disbelieve him when he says that there are not too many players getting coin and those that do are not getting enough to subsidise their rent.:( I'm not privvy to the comings and goings of this club or even the likes of Belco and Eastlake but I'm certain that a reflection of their strong position in the League is due primarily to the good football and lisence club management and leadership over the last decade or so. The tri-colours have been indifferent in this area of late but are lucky to have a large bucket to draw from; good management from the liseced clubs will see that this bucket gets capped eventually. With any luck; all the recruits that have migrated in would have settled into the place by then and will be willing to take the pay cuts that were supposed to be introduced a couple of seasons ago when the so called "culture change" was taking place.:confused:

Wagga never got anywhere in the ACTAFL because they were arrogant and believed that they were owed something; if half the players in their team were actually playing for something more than the money, they might have actually won a few more games other than those against the Creek!!:eek:
Gormo won't play again... at least not at any level of professionalism; he may throw the boots on for a kick with his mates but the tired old warrior has probably secretly been somewhat pleased that the Creek have disbanded. He would have had to play again this year and while still more than capable to the watching crowd; his body was not doing him any favours and he risked long term injury if not permanent injury every time he played. Eckers could still get a gig with one of the big 4 if he lost some kegs and got fit but his priorities are with his young family and finishing the new house that Eckers built!!:D
Both would be flattered to hear their names bandied around like players of fortune but in reality they are most likely just happy to not have to put so much effort in every week just to play a game of footy.
As for ABH; well as much as I hate to p!$$ in his pocket, he was a fairly handy footballer and don't flatter yourself pb23... he was better than any fwd I've seen come out of the Wagga leagues in the last ten years at least.
Yer,i agree with most of that.I dont know who ABH is but i hope your not talking about Neison.Armstrong is the best forward or player for that matter thats played in ACT for the last 15 years and i think hes from wagga.

Thanks for the update bigunit; glad to hear that the proud tri-colours are becoming strong again but I have to rebute your claim that not much money is being thrown around. Clubs like Belconnen and Queanbeyan have become strong because they resist the urge to pay outrageous amounts for what is still essentially a part time semi-professional job. I spoke to an identity at the Tigers on Monday night and whilst he wouldn't divulge the payment info, I have no reason to disbelieve him when he says that there are not too many players getting coin and those that do are not getting enough to subsidise their rent.:( I'm not privvy to the comings and goings of this club or even the likes of Belco and Eastlake but I'm certain that a reflection of their strong position in the League is due primarily to the good football and lisence club management and leadership over the last decade or so. The tri-colours have been indifferent in this area of late but are lucky to have a large bucket to draw from; good management from the liseced clubs will see that this bucket gets capped eventually. With any luck; all the recruits that have migrated in would have settled into the place by then and will be willing to take the pay cuts that were supposed to be introduced a couple of seasons ago when the so called "culture change" was taking place.:confused:

What a load of Shite. last year they paid $60,ooo for that Pea heart ruckman that couldnt even get a game in the outer leagues. Couldnt mark, couldnt kick couldnt run....great value i reckon. If you really believe that AFC are not paying out big bucks then ...wake up...you are dreaming. You dont get players to relocate to canberra for the scenery, esp those who have been playing VFL footy. They would be paying Bourke a fortune, plus all the recruits - what about 14 or 15 of them, fantastic for the juniors! Shrek, and i swear he is getting fatter by the day, is such a fool and hypocrite. The players might be getting on now buddy, but wait until they start playing, and then the in fighting will commence.

Yer,i agree with most of that.I dont know who ABH is but i hope your not talking about Neison.Armstrong is the best forward or player for that matter thats played in ACT for the last 15 years and i think hes from wagga.
Correct all counts there piston. Neiso is the guy and Armstrong is from Wagga.
Neiso is the record goalkicker for the Tigers, not bad for a 80 year old club which has had some very handy footballers in its time, so I dont think you can challenge his credentials.
Armstrong is a great player and easily one of the best this league has ever seen. He was the only current player in the league's team of the century and I believe he has got better since then.

Only played with one club since coming over here to the ACT. I think its called loyalty or something like that.

As far as results would have been different if the best players played for Wagga, we will never know, as history showed they never made a finals series so would of 's and called of's dont mean a pinch of s**t on this site mate. Im sure you have excellent players at other clubs but what did you want to send over here, a rep side??

You enjoy along with the 10's of thousand who flock to watch your teams play. You forget we played against your most powerful side over their and always had more travelling supporters at the game than Wagga and if Wagga were hated so much why didnt more people flock to Robertson Oval to see them get beaten?

And answer your question on why people would want to play in ACT? Simple - much better standard of footy, more chances for employment, better looking chicks and better living enviroment..but thats just my opinion..

Maybe this is why guys like Armstrong (who is the best I have seen here), Chris Davis and Josh Davis and others have left your league...They want to test themselves in a better standard of footy. They all came here quite young and developed their footy to a higher standard in Canberra!! They had better footballers around them and played at a professional club. Would they have got that in Wagga

What a load of Shite. last year they paid $60,ooo for that Pea heart ruckman that couldnt even get a game in the outer leagues. Couldnt mark, couldnt kick couldnt run....great value i reckon. If you really believe that AFC are not paying out big bucks then ...wake up...you are dreaming. You dont get players to relocate to canberra for the scenery, esp those who have been playing VFL footy. They would be paying Bourke a fortune, plus all the recruits - what about 14 or 15 of them, fantastic for the juniors! Shrek, and i swear he is getting fatter by the day, is such a fool and hypocrite. The players might be getting on now buddy, but wait until they start playing, and then the in fighting will commence.

I think you may have misunderstood my post Spewie... my statement to Bigunit of "I have to rebute your claim that not much money is being thrown around" generally means that I believe he is wrong and that there are large amounts of money being handed out at Ainslie!
I then went on to say how responsible recruiting over a decade or so can breed culture and make a successful club not big spending and mass player revolt!
I am detecting a large amount of agro directed by you to the Shrek... Did he eat your first born or was it something worse like cutting you from the playing list:eek:

007 surely you dont expect us to believe that the boys out tigers way are playing for the love of it are you? just take a look at some of the players they have recruited in the last couple of years. If the money I am hearing is even close to being right for Powell, Cavendon, Carey etc, then even the hardest of hard core Ainslie recruiters would be blushing!!

007 surely you dont expect us to believe that the boys out tigers way are playing for the love of it are you? just take a look at some of the players they have recruited in the last couple of years. If the money I am hearing is even close to being right for Powell, Cavendon, Carey etc, then even the hardest of hard core Ainslie recruiters would be blushing!!

1st graders get coin so lets not kid ourselves...and some of it is good coin. All first graders would be on contract and amounts would vary from player to player. Clubs dont expect players to train 3 nights per week, play on a weekend, sign a code of conduct form and attend club functions without being compensated. The Tigers look after their players make no mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On behalf of the Tigers on this thread I would would like to welcome ChristmasHams to MDO.:thumbsu: Didnt get a chance to have a chat to you last night on the track as I left early but I know you will enjoy yourself and quickly reaslise you have joined? a great club. I will make sure I grab you for a quick chat next Wednesday to wish you luck.

Gee who would have thought 15 year ago that you might be wearing black & gold as your old man hated us as much as we disliked him in a footy sense...

No itkm, I'm not expecting anyone to believe that footballers at Qbn, Belconnen or even Eastlake play the game just for the bonding:eek:. As I stated in my post; I'm not privy to the numbers being thrown around but know that some clubs just fork out cash for players who end up playing a season or two and taking the cash and running. Other clubs find good jobs for their recruits and pay them supplementary wages on top to improve their standard of living. Don't get me wrong; I would love for this competition to even up it's playing field off the ground, unfortunately just paying good players doesn't make a good club... you need to have good management as well.

60,000 my ass!!! he did get more money than he was worth but it was no where near 60 g.. i'm not saying ainslie isn't paying good money but like what has been said in other posts belco, eastlake and queynbo would all be handing out some very descent coin!! and like i have stated before there isn't 14-15 1st grade reruits.. maybe you should find out the facts before you talk sh!t spew.. and dont worry bout us mate there will be no fighting no matter how good or bad things get.. the league will see a big improvement from ainslie this year in all grades.. bring it on!!

this what I have to say on the money side of things in canberra , i played for Ainslie in 98 and the only reason was money in the end i had signed to play with wangaratta rovers in the o&m for 60 bucks a game and to be put throught college down there
as i was playing the off season in the NT i got a phone call the day after the grand final from anslie and offerded 450 a game 1500 sign on 500 sign off rent paid,and because we couldn't get a place to rent as we where football players the club paid the rent 6 months in advance, a job at the club working behind the bar and also in the function part and lets just say i didn't work to hard, also moved my car down and as i tore my hamstring twice in the year they paid for flights home so i could see my physio back in QLD and i was only 18 years old so that was very hard to say no to

also the same offer was offered to at least 6 other blokes from Darwin brent heaver coached us and he would have been on at least 80 to 100 grand a year as all he did was play golf and drive the clubs car around and was lucky to get a kick and ainslie aren't the only club paying a s**t load

I have a mate that plays for the Belco and i tryed to get him to come to my club last year and i needed at least 20 grand tax free to get him to think about it and he played for Belco in 07 and again this year

so boys don't worry weston creek offered my full forward after a practice game last year 700-900 to change clubs

heavs is an assistant coach this year at ainslie.. good bloke and brings a lot of knowledge to the club..

:thumbsdown:
this what I have to say on the money side of things in canberra , i played for Ainslie in 98 and the only reason was money in the end i had signed to play with wangaratta rovers in the o&m for 60 bucks a game and to be put throught college down there
as i was playing the off season in the NT i got a phone call the day after the grand final from anslie and offerded 450 a game 1500 sign on 500 sign off rent paid,and because we couldn't get a place to rent as we where football players the club paid the rent 6 months in advance, a job at the club working behind the bar and also in the function part and lets just say i didn't work to hard, also moved my car down and as i tore my hamstring twice in the year they paid for flights home so i could see my physio back home and i was only 18 years old so that was very hard to say no to

also the same offer was offered to at least 6 other blokes from Darwin brent heaver coached us and he would have been on at least 80 to 100 grand a year as all he did was play golf and drive the clubs car around and was lucky to get a kick and ainslie aren't the only club paying a s**t load

I have a mate that plays for the Belco and i tryed to get him to come to my club last year and i needed at least 20 grand tax free to get him to think about it and he played for Belco in 07 and again this year

so boys don't worry weston creek offered my full forward after a practice game last year 700-900 to change clubs
maybe you should play for nothing gk11 and realise your own potential and do the code a favour or did rfl do you a favour and piss you off to any other prospective clubs :thumbsdown::Dcan't wait for reunions i'll bet i get invited before you, sorry mate:eek:

Trouble at Tigerland??

Can anyone that is involved over there, spread any light on a rumour i heard about cavendon #5?
i heard that after a big pre-season he may be departing due to personal reasons
I have heard that clubs in WA/SA have spoken with him..
The source wasn't really super reliable but qurious to know if there is any truth in it.

Trouble at Tigerland??

Can anyone that is involved over there, spread any light on a rumour i heard about cavendon #5?
The source wasn't really super reliable but qurious to know if there is any truth in it.
Do tell more chances9?
He played in an interclub practice match on Thursday and there has been not talk of anything.
But then again thats what this site is for, people to dribble.

Trouble at Tigerland??

Cant confirm or deny the rumour but I was at training on Wednesday and nothing was mentioned amongst any of the playing group about it. Will endevor to find out more but my guess is its just rumours.

Sorry ABH,1 4road i can't really say much more than i have because i don't know. i do know that the officials at tigers are aware and that it is for personal reason's and nothing to do with the club or so i am led to believe.

Sorry ABH,1 4road i can't really say much more than i have because i don't know. i do know that the officials at tigers are aware and that it is for personal reason's and nothing to do with the club or so i am led to believe.

yeah chances9 - i've heard the same thing. I was talking to one of his mates the other day and he's broken up with his mrs or something. Dont know if any wafl clubs have spoken with him but think he played over there a few years ago so he'd probably have contacts over there.

anyone know how tghe mathis boys are settlin in at afc? if the recent trend is anything to go buy, they'll either be at belco or qbn by next year! :D

How do you all think this year will pan out?

From 1-6 your order?

P.S. QB & Belco pay a fortune for players'. Eastlake not far behind. Not just Ainslie. Do you think that half of QB team (ex-Ainslie are playing for the love of it?).

How do you all think this year will pan out?

From 1-6 your order?

P.S. QB & Belco pay a fortune for players'. Eastlake not far behind. Not just Ainslie. Do you think that half of QB team (ex-Ainslie are playing for the love of it?).
No one plays footy anywhere these days for nothing. If some clubs have the ability to attract (Read pay MORE) then thats where the player will go, lets stop kidding ourselves.

Swans
Belco
Queanbeyan
Ainslie
Eastlake
Tuggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back