AFL Chairman Mike Fitzpatrick resigns.

Remove this Banner Ad

So what exactly did Fitzpatrick do that everyone is annoyed at?
It's one of these modern football myths. Everyone is aggrieved but they are not sure why*

*except Essendon supporters, and I don't know why they would be

Essendon had:

- The biggest fine in Australian sport history

- Were stripped of draft picks

- Were kicked out of finals

- Lost best 22 players

- Collected their first wooden spoon since 1933

- Had the players in question suspended

- Lost so much more money and brand reputation during the process

AND the AFL let Essendon off lightly?

Are you kidding me? What else were they supposed to do? Ban us permanently?
Actually, no, Carlton had the biggest fine if you count for inflation.

The AFL deliberately went easy on Essendon, as illustrated by the fact that they wanted a strong Essendon ASAP. Your wooden spoon was not punishment, it was a by-product. The AFL were wary because they probably did not want Essendon to sink if they punished them too harshly, learning from the Carlton penalties after admitting they probably went a little too hard there.

Regardless, the AFL did not technically punish the club for a systemic doping program. And it's obvious why.

They concocted an interim report full of ooga booga to kick us from finals.

They tried to cover up everything even though there was nothing substantial to find, David Evans wanted to cover it up, I ******* hate David Evans he is single handedly the most hated person in this entire sage from my perspective for listening to Vlad, Mike and Gil's plan to conjure a way in which Hird was solely responsible, And that the players would be exempt of wrongdoing.

Had the AFL along with Essendon opened it's doors and allowed ASADA to conduct it's investigation alone this would've been over within that season.

Evans, Vlad, Mike and Gil's hands are mighty dirty IMO in terms of how this saga lost control.
If David Evans had his way, the penalties would have been far less. Hell, your players would have still been playing most likely. He did everything he could to do what was best for your club, and you're trashing him?

So what exactly did Fitzpatrick do that everyone is annoyed at?

A few things listed here:

3a2fbe648868e1eedce04c00912cc9f6.png

Players didn't set out to cheat so getting 1 year was fair even though i don't agree with it.
Despite the fact they deliberately omitted their injection regime when asked by ASADA testers and kept Dr Reid out of the loop.

Righto mate.

Despite the fact they deliberately omitted their injection regime when asked by ASADA testers and kept Dr Reid out of the loop.

Righto mate.

No positive tests. I still find it hilarious how Wada managed to get a drug conviction without a positive test or confession from any of the players and based their verdict on flimsy fabricated evidence that would have been thrown out in a real court.

Yet not one positive test. I still find it hilarious how Wada manage to get a drug conviction without a positive test.
Why is it hilarious? It happens all the time. You don't need a positive sample to reach a guilty verdict.

There actually was testing done that showed TB4 in samples but it was inconclusive (in that they had little in way of determining whether it was natural or artificial). This particular drug is very hard to test for - but there was enough circumstantial evidence showing that they took it.

Anyway, samples will be kept on ice for more years yet, and they are currently developing a method which will actually detect whether the TB4 in these samples are artificial or not. So perhaps in a few years we'll have this positive test you keep on clamouring on about.

Why is it hilarious? It happens all the time. You don't need a positive sample to reach a guilty verdict.

There actually was testing done that showed TB4 in samples but it was inconclusive (in that they had little in way of determining whether it was natural or artificial). This particular drug is very hard to test for - but there was enough circumstantial evidence showing that they took it.

Anyway, samples will be kept on ice for more years yet, and they are currently developing a method which will actually detect whether the TB4 in these samples are artificial or not. So perhaps in a few years we'll have this positive test you keep on clamouring on about.

And if those tests come back with no TB4 what will happen then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No positive tests. I still find it hilarious how Wada managed to get a drug conviction without a positive test or confession from any of the players and based their verdict on flimsy fabricated evidence that would have been thrown out in a real court.
What nonsense. You will never understand the verdict because you are incapable of viewing it dispassionately.

If David Evans had his way, the penalties would have been far less. Hell, your players would have still been playing most likely. He did everything he could to do what was best for your club, and you're trashing him?

He did the complete opposite, He tried to do the best for the AFL he threw his club under the bus, David Evans is scum.

And if those tests come back with no TB4 what will happen then?

The guilty verdict that was determined without the positive sample will be upheld, and Essendon will continue to be know for having a club led and sanctioned off-site illegal injection program that could not be explained away in a satisfactory manner by anyone involved.

They concocted an interim report full of ooga booga to kick us from finals.

They tried to cover up everything even though there was nothing substantial to find, David Evans wanted to cover it up, I ******* hate David Evans he is single handedly the most hated person in this entire sage from my perspective for listening to Vlad, Mike and Gil's plan to conjure a way in which Hird was solely responsible, And that the players would be exempt of wrongdoing.

Had the AFL along with Essendon opened it's doors and allowed ASADA to conduct it's investigation alone this would've been over within that season.

Evans, Vlad, Mike and Gil's hands are mighty dirty IMO in terms of how this saga lost control.
I feel sorry for you, David Evans loved the club and thought he had a friend for life in Hird. He was physically sick and tormented by what was happening and could see that James was not going to accept any responsibility and that put David in such an unenviable position that no one could know the torment he was under.

I feel sorry for you, David Evans loved the club and thought he had a friend for life in Hird. He was physically sick and tormented by what was happening and could see that James was not going to accept any responsibility and that put David in such an unenviable position that no one could know the torment he was under.

Hahahah Oh wow you blind blind man.

You mean that friend who asked James to purger himself for the sake of the AFL and Vlad?

David Evans, Vlad, Gil and Mike were all in on a big coverup from the start, They never wanted the truth they were scared.

How can you not see that, It's plain as day.

He did the complete opposite, He tried to do the best for the AFL he threw his club under the bus, David Evans is scum.
How can you say that when he was trying his hardest to lessen the blow for Essendon? He knew the hammer was going to fall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back