Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2005
Hobart Hurricanes Central
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sydney Thunder, Freo, GWS, Canes
http://www.sanity.com.au/Search?sanquery=afl classics

from Beyond Home Entertainment http://www.beyondhe.com.au, who took over from Name a Game for future productions.
Sanity and eBay have listed 6 pack DVD box sets around $40ea in 16:9 & 4:3 so most likely games from the past 25 years, cant find any info about which pack has what games yet, the teams available are:

Adelaide
Collingwood
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Richmond
West Coast

http://www.sanity.com.au/Search?sanquery=afl classics

from Beyond Home Entertainment http://www.beyondhe.com.au, who took over from Name a Game for future productions.
Sanity and eBay have listed 6 pack DVD box sets around $40ea in 16:9 & 4:3 so most likely games from the past 25 years, cant find any info about which pack has what games yet, the teams available are:

Adelaide
Collingwood
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Richmond
West Coast
Heh found them for cheaper. Plus aussierules has a very good collection of old and new games.
http://www.dvdland.com.au/products/AFL-CLASSICS-%2d-ADELAIDE.html

is that just the 3 finals wins in '94, v Pies, v Dees, v Cats ?

Yeah. I'm not sure why it doesn't exist. You go to JB etc and you browse the shelves and it's like 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996 ... wait what?! :eek:

I could buy each final individually but that works out much more expensive than a Victory Pack would. Plus I want the Victory Pack box to match my 1992 and 2006 Victory Packs. The 1992 one is extra cool because it includes our first ever game too, the epic comeback and win vs Richmond.

Yeah. I'm not sure why it doesn't exist. You go to JB etc and you browse the shelves and it's like 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996 ... wait what?! :eek:

I could buy each final individually but that works out much more expensive than a Victory Pack would. Plus I want the Victory Pack box to match my 1992 and 2006 Victory Packs. The 1992 one is extra cool because it includes our first ever game too, the epic comeback and win vs Richmond.
89 onwards except 94 bit of a shame. Did they ever release 94 on the old vhs?

Crows box set includes

91 round 1 vs hawks
93 Elim vs hawks
02 semi vs melb
05 semi vs port
09 Elim vs ess
15 showdown vs port win

port box set has first showdown
Pies box set has crows vs pies 03

89 onwards except 94 bit of a shame. Did they ever release 94 on the old vhs?

It's really bizarre and frustrating that it's literally the only one that's not available. Originally I thought it was because one of the finals was lost somehow, but you can buy them individually.

I have no idea if it was ever released on VHS.

It's really bizarre and frustrating that it's literally the only one that's not available. Originally I thought it was because one of the finals was lost somehow, but you can buy them individually.

I have no idea if it was ever released on VHS.
Might be an idea to contact Beyond Home Entertainment who hold the rights to release games, they may be interested in knowing this and may consider releasing it, plus some more 80s versions, I spoke with Matt there via email and he seemed pretty interested to hear my thoughts.

Might be an idea to contact Beyond Home Entertainment who hold the rights to release games, they may be interested in knowing this and may consider releasing it, plus some more 80s versions, I spoke with Matt there via email and he seemed pretty interested to hear my thoughts.

Done. We'll see how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy called Matt took a week to initially reply to me, may of gone on holidays though ?

"I can understand your frustration as it does seem odd; at present we have no immediate plans to re-release any of the Victory Packs outside of what is already available, but we may look at this down the track."

:thumbsdown:

Getting the thread back on topic, I did pick up the Eagles Classics Box Set with a JB voucher I got for Christmas (along with Season 5 of Community). Some cracking games:

1994 Qualifying Final vs Collingwood - 1st vs 8th so the Eagles were expected to dominate, but only sneak home by 2 points.

1995 - Round 7, the first derby. Psychologically destroying the purples for the next decade.

1998 - Round 10 vs the doggies. The scoreline:

WEST COAST 0.4 8.6 13.12 16.17 (113)
BULLDOGS 8.4 8.5 12.7 15.10 (100)

:eek:

2006 - Round 10 vs Geelong

We were 9 goals down late in the third, and somehow beat Geelong in Geelong :D

2007 Round 1 vs Sydney - The Grand Final rematch. We were written off by everyone, The football world hated us. About half the Grand Final team were injured or banished from the club. It was in Sydney. Robert Walls was foaming at the mouth. AND WE WON. Greatest middle finger ever :thumbsu:

2011 Semi Final vs Carlton - I WAS THERE :D Was the best game I'd ever been to until this years Qualifying and Preliminary Final double.

So yes, it's an excellent package :thumbsu: Probably only missing the 1999 Qualifying Final vs the doggies, Round 11 2006 vs Carlton, and the 2015 Qualifying Final vs Hawthorn from my personal list of best West Coast matches that weren't Grand Finals (or our first ever game which was included in the 1992 Victory Pack anyway).

I am informed that this is Collingwood's set:

Round 2, 2001 vs Fremantle
Nathan Buckley picked up 46 disposals in his best game on a statistical basis, while Brodie Holland booted 3 goals in his first game against his old mob.

2007 2nd Semi Final vs West Coast
The famous extra time win. Dane Swan's coming-of-age game with 38 disposals and 2 goals. Matt Priddis nearly got the Eagles to the line himself with almost identical stats. The most famous of our several finals wins over West Coast.

Round 20, 1991 vs Brisbane
Hardly the most enthralling of contests, given it was only the Bad News Bears we were annihilating, but this game is memorable given it was the night that Peter Daicos booted a baker's dozen of 13 goals on three different opponents. The great man in some of the best form of his career, as we made a mad dash towards September after playing hungover for the first half of '91.

Round 7, 2003 vs Adelaide
The game where Chris Tarrant booted the winning goal after the siren, after we trailed for most of the night and our season looked like starting 3-4. One of many memorable wins over Adelaide.

Round 8, 2002 vs Brisbane
A watershed victory over the reigning premiers at a pulsating Docklands Stadium. Tarrant booted 5, Buckley picked up 31 disposals and 2 goals and we hung on by 3 points.

2011 1st Preliminary Final vs Hawthorn
Currently our last win over Hawthorn, a mighty come-from-behind effort in the final term of a dour low-scoring affair. Hawks had our measure all night, only for us to steal it in the dying minutes, Luke Ball booting the winner from that famous snap.

Not a bad package, all up. The 07 semi and the 02 win over Brisbane seem to be in every Collingwood box set that comes out, though. I do wish they would mix it up a bit...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back