Autopsy AFL & Club List Changes for 2017 - Check OP [ACCURATE FROM: 08/10/16]

Remove this Banner Ad

Comprehensive list of the in's and out's at the AFL and your club here.
Comment your clubs changes with an article attached, thank you.

Please take extended commentary and discussion on individual movements to other threads.

AFL:
INS:

OUTS:
Brenton Sanderson (NAB AFL Academy coach)

ADELAIDE:

INS:

OUTS:
Matthew Jaensch (retirement), Nathan van Berlo (retirement), Luke Lowden (delisted), Keenan Ramsey (delisted)

BRISBANE:
INS: Zane Littlejohn (Development Coach), Matt Eagles (Cat B rookie), Chris Fagan (Senior Coach)

OUTS:
Daniel Merrett (retirement), Trent West (retirement), Justin Clarke (retirement), Simon Black (Assistant Coach), Shane Woewodin (Assistant Coach), Gary O'Donnell (Assistant Coach), Justin Leppitsch (Senior Coach), Jackson Paine (delisted), Josh Watts (delisted), Josh McGuinness (delisted), Hugh Beasley (delisted), Billy Evans (delisted)

CARLTON:
INS:

OUTS:
Michael Jamison (retirement), Andrew Walker (retirement), Cameron Wood (retirement), Matthew Dick (delisted), Jayden Foster (delisted), Clem Smith (delisted)

COLLINGWOOD:
INS: Brenton Sanderson (Assistant Coach), Graeme Allan (General Manager Of 'Next Generation' Academies And Teams)

OUTS:
Alan Toovey (retirement), Brent Macaffer (retirement), Dane Swan (retirement), Travis Cloke, Ben Hart (Assistant Coach), Steven Grace (Assistant Coach), Neil Balme (Director Of Football), Matthew Goodyear (delisted), Tim Golds (delisted), Darrean Wyatt (delisted)

ESSENDON:
INS:

OUTS:
Adam Cooney (retirement), Mathew Stokes (retirement), Michael Hibberd, James Gwilt (delisted), Tayte Pears (retirement), Jason Ashby (delisted), Shaun Edwards (delisted), Tom Wallis (delisted)

FREMANTLE:
INS: Dale Alcock (President)

OUTS:
Matthew Pavlich (retirement), Steve Harris (President), Peter Sumich (Development Coach), Sean Hurley (delisted), Tanner Smith (delisted), Anthony Morabito (delisted), Matt de Boer (delisted), Tendai Mzungu (delisted), Clancee Pearce (delisted), Jack Hannath (delisted), Brady Grey (delisted), Josh Deluca (delisted)

GEELONG:
INS:

OUTS:
Zac Bates (delisted), Cameron Delaney (delisted), Padraig Lucey (delisted), Tom Read (delisted), Jock Cornell (delisted), Blake Caracella (assistant coach), Corey Enright (retirement)

GOLD COAST:

INS:

OUTS:
Jaeger O'Meara, Dion Prestia, Danny Stanley (delisted), Seb Tape (delisted), Tom Keough (delisted), Luke Russell (delisted)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY:

INS:

OUTS:
Caleb Marchbank, Graeme Allan (Football Manager), Jack Steele

HAWTHORN:

INS: Tom Mitchell (trade), #57 (trade), #52 (trade), #70 (trade), #88 (trade)

OUTS:
Shem-Kalvin Tatupu (retirement), #14 (trade), #52 (trade), Sam Mitchell (trade), #54 (trade), #72 (trade)

MELBOURNE:

INS: Simon Goodwin (Senior Coach), Corey Maynard (Cat B rookie), Troy Chaplin (assistant coach)

OUTS:
Paul Roos (Senior Coach), Brett Allison (Development Coach), Jack Grimes (delisted), Matt Jones (delisted), Dean Terlich (delisted)

NORTH MELBOURNE:

INS:

OUTS:
Brent Harvey (retirement), Drew Petrie (delisted), Nick Dal Santo (delisted), Michael Firrito (retirement), Farren Ray (retirement), Robin Nahas (delisted), Aaron Black, Andrew Swallow (captaincy)

PORT ADELAIDE:

INS: Brendon Lade (assistant coach)

OUTS:
Jay Schulz (delisted), Garry Hocking (Assistant Coach), John Butcher (delisted), Kane Mitchell (delisted), Sam Colquhoun (delisted), Alipate Carlile (retirement)

RICHMOND:

INS: Neil Balme (General Manager - Football), Dan Richardson (General Manager - Football Talent), Matthew Clarke (National Recruiting Manager), Luke Meehan (Strength & Conditioning Coach), Rob Inness (Rehabilitation Coach), Blake Caracella (assistant coach), Justin Leppitsch (assistant coach)

OUTS:
Troy Chaplin (retirement), Reece McKenzie (retirement), Mark Williams (Development Coach), Ross Smith (Assistant Coach), Brendan Lade (Assistant Coach), Mark P. Williams (Assistant Coach), Greg Mellor (Assistant Coach), Ben Lennon, Liam McBean (delisted), Adam Marcon (Delisted), Reece Conca, Francis Jackson (National Recruiting Manager), Luke Meehan (Rehabilitation Coach), Adam Douglas (Strength & Conditioning Coach), Brendon Lade (assistant coach), Tyrone Vickery

ST. KILDA:

INS: Darragh Joyce (Cat B rookie), Ray Connellan (rookie)

OUTS:
Nick Riewoldt (captaincy), Paul Hudson (Development Coach), Luke Delaney (delisted), Tom Curren (delisted), Josh Saunders (delisted), Brenton Payne (delisted)

SYDNEY:

INS: #14 (trade), #52 (trade)

OUTS:
Ted Richards (retirement), Ben McGlynn (retirement), Tom Derickx (retirement), Kyle Galloway (delisted), Tom Mitchell (trade), #57 (trade)

WEST COAST:

INS: Brady Rawlings (list manager), Adrian Battiston (scouting), Justin Longmuir (senior assistant), Jaymie Graham (forward coach), Sam Mitchell (trade), #54 (trade), #72 (trade)

OUTS:
Xavier Ellis (retirement), Damien Cavka (retirement), Kane Lucas (retirement), Patrick McGinnity (retirement), Jamie Bennell (delisted), Brant Colledge (delisted), Alec Waterman (delisted), Corey Adamson (delisted), Brady Rawlings (assistant coach), Adrian Battiston (list manager), Justin Longmuir (forwards coach), #52 (trade), #70 (trade), #88 (trade)

WESTERN BULLDOGS:

INS: Travis Cloke (Traded from Collingwood for pick 78)

OUTS:
Brett Montgomery (Senior Assistant), Luke Goetz (retirement), Jed Adcock (retirement), Will Minson, Joel Hamling (traded to Fremantle)

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot Justin Clarke from the lions forced to retire due to concussion. Just an observation

You forgot Justin Clarke from the lions forced to retire due to concussion. Just an observation
I thought that was last season, during the off season but I wasn't 100% sure.
Thanks for the heads up I'll edit it now.

Good thread idea though.
Cheers mate, just gives everyone one easy place to post in.
Surprised me that you already have 3 players gone from the list though, and all tall spine players at that.

Matthew Jaensch out retired.
Thanks for that, edited in.
A bit early, but with 9 clubs out of action already and retirements already coming thick and fast, I have no problem with it.

Your wish is my command.
Cheers, I think we will see a few happening now.
Do you know how to code it so that I can have the link to the retirement as a clickable thing under their name?

Thanks for that, edited in.

Cheers, I think we will see a few happening now.
Do you know how to code it so that I can have the link to the retirement as a clickable thing under their name?

You should jsut be able to to add a hyperlink the normal way (highlight text, click on the chain link icon, and past the link in the pop up bar).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate, just gives everyone one easy place to post in.
Surprised me that you already have 3 players gone from the list though, and all tall spine players at that.
Yep. J Clarke hurts especially. Was coming along ok as a merrit replacement. Underlies our need for a hurley type of recruit.

You should jsut be able to to add a hyperlink the normal way (highlight text, click on the chain link icon, and past the link in the pop up bar).
Thank you, I didn't know how to do it until now.
All up to date.
Yep. J Clarke hurts especially. Was coming along ok as a merrit replacement. Underlies our need for a hurley type of recruit.
I was thinking about Hurley, would be an excellent pick up if you could shuffle around for the $$ and try and use getting out of the Melbourne fishbowl as an option.
Hard part is if he is chasing a flag you have to really sell the future.

Unfortunately his asking price is very high, I'm pretty sure we were into him big time but are walking away because of the price tag.

Thank you, I didn't know how to do it until now.
All up to date.

I was thinking about Hurley, would be an excellent pick up if you could shuffle around for the $$ and try and use getting out of the Melbourne fishbowl as an option.
Hard part is if he is chasing a flag you have to really sell the future.

Unfortunately his asking price is very high, I'm pretty sure we were into him big time but are walking away because of the price tag.
We would be silly not to offer around 1 mill a year. We need him desperately. Selling the future is the hard part. Unless we have a good showing this weekend and knock the saints off the week after. Not that either of those are gonna be easy.

We would be silly not to offer around 1 mill a year. We need him desperately. Selling the future is the hard part. Unless we have a good showing this weekend and knock the saints off the week after. Not that either of those are gonna be easy.
I don't think it's as dire as it seems.
Look what a bit of luck can do (Saints, Melbourne and Port all were like you at points)
Xavier Ellis at West Coast has retired.
Edited in.

Hurley will have already made his mind up and i would be surprised if it was Brisbane no matter how much they offer him.

Hurley will have already made his mind up and i would be surprised if it was Brisbane no matter how much they offer him.
Of course. Im not confident. But none of us are privy to such info. Until then there is some chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back