Votes from the Derby

10: Yeo
7: Redden
4: Gaff
3: Sheppard
3: Cripps
2: Darling
1: Lycett

One coach had Gaff second BOG behind Yeo, the other gave him no votes. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to which coach was which?

Not sure I'm happy with Simpson giving second BOG to Gaff under the circumstances. Seems unnecessarily provocative tbh

My syndicate just put $10 on Yeo at 81/1.

Unlikely to win but seems decent value. Especially if he can get a few votes in the last three.

Agree that Mitchell should romp it in.

Good cash out option if he finishes strongly. I recall his odds shortened dramatically last year when he was heavily praised in the media for his form.

I don't think coaches votes will have much bearing on circumstances in general
Why not - it's not a fairest & best award - it's an award to the best players on the day over 4 quarters. Apparently Gaff is still eligible to be selected for the All Australian side at seasons end for the same reason. It's only the Brownlow that he's ineligible as that's the only award that is fairest & best.

Not sure I'm happy with Simpson giving second BOG to Gaff under the circumstances. Seems unnecessarily provocative tbh
He was deserving of votes, perhaps not second best, maybe 3rd or so.

A player who gets suspended/reported during a game should still be eligible to receive 3 Brownlow votes, to me it's the same thing. Assess it all based on their football performance of that particular day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why even bring that up? Just using it as a deflection on how s**t his team is performing. Slime ball.

Can't confirm because I'm not watching Seven on principle, but it could've been an answer to a direct question.

Never know Mitchell might get suspended in the last few games!

Should've already happened;

98070282c2dd81f75807cae6bd4b2790

You gotta hand it to old Ross the Boss..

- Comes out breathing fire immediately after the game
- Gives Gaffy the four coaches votes, which nobody ever would have expected. Therefore adding fuel to the fire of the PR nightmare with the apparent "arrogance" of Adam Simpson, how dare he consider giving one of his players any votes after he committed such an act on the field!
- Decides to make it public knowledge after all the hooplah is said and done.

That's one hell of an epic troll job...

Eagles v Port
10 Shuey
6 Barrass
4 Lycett
4 Yeo
3 Clurey
2 Johnson
1 Jonas

Eagles leaderboard
65 Gaff
61 Yeo
46 Darling
40 Hurn
33 Redden
27 McGovern
19 Sheppard
15 Shuey
13 Kennedy
12 Lycett
10 Naitanui
9 Barrass
9 Sheed
9 Cripps
4 LeCras
4 Masten
3 Ryan
3 Rioli
3 Jetta
2 Hutchings
1 Cole

Eagles v Port
10 Shuey
6 Barrass
4 Lycett
4 Yeo
3 Clurey
2 Johnson
1 Jonas

Eagles leaderboard
65 Gaff
61 Yeo
46 Darling
40 Hurn
33 Redden
27 McGovern
19 Sheppard
15 Shuey
13 Kennedy
12 Lycett
10 Naitanui
9 Barrass
9 Sheed
9 Cripps
4 LeCras
4 Masten
3 Ryan
3 Rioli
3 Jetta
2 Hutchings
1 Cole

Geee Shuey loves playing against Port.

Amazing to be where we are with JK and Shuey so far down the votes. If they have a big September we will be frightening.
I love Boots but I haven’t seen him take the game by the balls since that GWS game where NN kicked the sealer. He got us back in that last quarter and he had a huge game. After slow start I would like to see him reach that level again going into finals. I guess he kinda did that v port but wasn’t as dangerous.

I love Boots but I haven’t seen him take the game by the balls since that GWS game where NN kicked the sealer. He got us back in that last quarter and he had a huge game. After slow start I would like to see him reach that level again going into finals. I guess he kinda did that v port but wasn’t as dangerous.

Of the three games in the past few years that we've won by a kick on or after the siren (GWS, Port, Port), he's been our best player in all three and kicked one of those game winners himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back