Sheed 5 and 0
Hurn 4 and 0
Swallow 2 and 0
Bowes 2 and 0
Barrass 1 and 0
Lukosius 1 and 0

Weird votes
Not as weird as the Adelaide game.
Both coaches gave 5 votes to Tex. Then couldn't agree on a single player. They only thing they did the same was to give a token 1 vote each to a Geelong player. Even then they couldn't agree on which one!

Good to see Tom Hickey get a 4 and a 3 for Sydney in his first outing.

10 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
4 Brodie Smith (ADEL)
4 Rory Laird (ADEL)
3 Rory Sloane (ADEL)
3 Ben Keays (ADEL)
2 Jordon Butts (ADEL)
2 Lachlan Sholl (ADEL)
1 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
1 Mark Blicavs (GEEL)

Kelly 5 and 3
Allen 4 and 3
Sheed 5 and 0
Hurn 4 and 0
Swallow 2 and 0
Bowes 2 and 0
Barrass 1 and 0
Lukosius 1 and 0

Weird votes

Interesting... We know Simpson hates clangers, so I'm presuming have gave his 5 to Kelly (0 clangers), rather than Sheed (7 clangers).

Which means we can work out the 5, 4, 3 votes. Similarly, Bowes had 30 disposals at 100% efficiency and Lukosius gained 787 metres for just one clanger, which appear more down the Simpson route than the performances of Swallow or Barrass.

If those presumptions are correct, we get the following tally:

R1-z-CoachesVotes.jpg

One coach values winning the ball, whilst the other places a higher value upon using it.

Interesting... We know Simpson hates clangers, so I'm presuming have gave his 5 to Kelly (0 clangers), rather than Sheed (7 clangers).

Which means we can work out the 5, 4, 3 votes. Similarly, Bowes had 30 disposals at 100% efficiency and Lukosius gained 787 metres for just one clanger, which appear more down the Simpson route than the performances of Swallow or Barrass.

View attachment 1083658

One coach values winning the ball, whilst the other places a higher value upon using it.

If Sheed doesn't step up with 9 clearances, 12 marks, 34 disposals and a goal assist we were nowhere near it. To put it into perspective we had 30 clearances total. Of sheed's clangers his behind counts as 1 as does his free kick against. So really it's 5 clangers out of 34 disposals. Even though it was only 3 he also topped us for tackles.

Sheed basically covered the loss of one of Shuey or Yeo on the inside as well as covering for the complete annihilation of Gaff getting 8 disposals up until 3/4 time. As far as im concerned Sheed kept us in the game for the first 3 quarters.

If Sheed doesn't step up with 9 clearances, 12 marks, 34 disposals and a goal assist we were nowhere near it. To put it into perspective we had 30 clearances total. Of sheed's clangers his behind counts as 1 as does his free kick against. So really it's 5 clangers out of 34 disposals. Even though it was only 3 he also topped us for tackles.

Sheed basically covered the loss of one of Shuey or Yeo on the inside as well as covering for the complete annihilation of Gaff getting 8 disposals up until 3/4 time. As far as im concerned Sheed kept us in the game for the first 3 quarters.

Completely agree with you there - I had him in the best three players on ground with Kelly and Allen.

View attachment 1083658

I like your analysis, but not sure that's how it was.

According to the WCE website, the club (Simmo?) had Sheed as best on ground.

Is there a way of finding out who gave what?

I like your analysis, but not sure that's how it was.

According to the WCE website, the club (Simmo?) had Sheed as best on ground.

Is there a way of finding out who gave what?

That best afield for Sheed is based on supporter votes so nothing official from the club as such

To the best of my knowledge coaches individual votes are never disclosed

Current total:

8 Tim Kelly
8 Dom Sheed
7 Oscar Allen
5 Nic Naitanui
4 Shannon Hurn
1 Tom Barrass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had a quick look at some stats of the big men to try and make sense of that, as JK had more goals and marks than Naughton.

Of JKs 11 disposals, 5 were scoring shots. The balance (6) were all turnovers 😳

I just had a quick look at some stats of the big men to try and make sense of that, as JK had more goals and marks than Naughton.

Of JKs 11 disposals, 5 were scoring shots. The balance (6) were all turnovers 😳
the AFL.com.au stats have JK with 0 turnovers ?

Round 3 Votes:
9 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
8 Luke Shuey (WCE)
4 Tim Kelly (WCE)
3 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
3 Shannon Hurn (WCE)
2 Tom Barrass (WCE)
1 Josh J Kennedy (WCE)

Current Overall Total:
14 Nic Naitanui
12 Tim Kelly
8 Dom Sheed
8 Luke Shuey
7 Oscar Allen
7 Shannon Hurn
3 Andrew Gaff
3 Tom Barrass
1 Josh J Kennedy

Round 3 Votes:
9 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
8 Luke Shuey (WCE)
4 Tim Kelly (WCE)
3 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
3 Shannon Hurn (WCE)
2 Tom Barrass (WCE)
1 Josh J Kennedy (WCE)

Current Overall Total:
14 Nic Naitanui
12 Tim Kelly
8 Dom Sheed
8 Luke Shuey
7 Oscar Allen
7 Shannon Hurn
3 Andrew Gaff
3 Tom Barrass
1 Josh J Kennedy

Kelly gets 2nd best on from one and zero from the other coach? Would love to know if that is just Simpson having massive standards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back