Review AFL Coaches Votes

Remove this Banner Ad

The Coaches Votes are an interesting insight into how the coaches view the value of each player, obviously. I find it more interesting looking at who they didn't vote for and inferring how much they hate opposition players, and maybe even their own. Let's try and work out which coach hates which players...

Round 19
9 Zach Merrett (ESS)
9 Sam Draper (ESS)
3 Jamie Elliott (COLL)
3 Jack Crisp (COLL)
2 Dylan Shiel (ESS)
2 Josh Daicos (COLL)
1 Taylor Adams (COLL)
1 Peter Wright (ESS

My analysis:
Truck
5. Draper
4. Merrett.
3. Crisp
2. Shiel
1 Wright

Collingwood Coach

5. Merrett
4. Draper
3. Elliott
2. Daicos
1 Adams

I'd say Truck voted Draper 5 because he likes Draper more than Merrett. Conversely the Collingwood Coach (?) is jealous of Draper's mo' so gave Zach the 5.

Buckley (or whoever) gave Elliott the 3 votes because he won the game for him, 2 for Daicos because he is sucking up to the past players and Adams because he didnt know how to spell "Wright"

Truck then gave 3 for Crisp because * Elliot, Shiel 2 as an encouragement award and Wright because he deserved it

amazing thread.

It’s pretty obvious coaches votes include some encouragement votes thrown in weekly. I know I’d use some votes that way if I was head coach. It’s also why unless you’re in the top 5 or 10 players end of year, you can’t read too much into the distribution of the rest of the players’ tallies.

* it, i’m persisting with this thread.

Essendon v North Melbourne​

10 Mason Redman (ESS)
7 Zach Merrett (ESS)
6 Jake Stringer (ESS)
5 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
1 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
1 Nicholas Hind (ESS)

my analysis
Truck
5. Mason
4. Jake
3. Zach
2. Jy
1. Zurhaar

the other guy
5. Mason
4. Zach
3. Jy
2. Jake
1. Hind

Mason Redman consensus best on ground.
Truck probably gave the nth players votes as he was pissed off with a few of our players for not quite doing enough?

I’m pretty sure the north melbourne coach gave Hind 1 vote as a piss take for him cracking it a bit on the bench, and he didn’t know how to spell Zerk-Thatcher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back