AFL - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG Sat 21/7 - 1.45 pm - Prematch Discussion and Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

In - Seedsman, Young
Out - Buckley (inj), Clarke (susp)

Like for likes, highly expect it to be difficult for Bucks to get up after a corked hip, while Clarke's slide will be heavily scrutinised. It will be made an example of in my honest opinion.

Seedsman in for an injured Buckley. Possibly Clarke out too, to be honest he hasnt done much since coming back. Possibly Rounds, Mooney, Yagmoor or Young to replace him.

The MRP will be too busy this week to rub Clarke out.:p

Anyway, I like the Young for Buckley change, or even Seedsman for Bucks, no need to make too many changes, save that for the week after vs GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young for Buckley...

but would prefer mooney if fit.

nothing too exciting, we already know what we will get from young. 20 disposals, a few mistakes and a few good things.

Sounds boring but there will be no changes unless Buckley is injured.

Although without buddy, we may have to drop a tall defender.

I loved Taz up forward and we should keep that

Seedsman in for an injured Buckley. Possibly Clarke out too, to be honest he hasnt done much since coming back. Possibly Rounds, Mooney, Yagmoor or Young to replace him.
I haven't given up on Rounds just yet, but promoting him after one good game in however long isn't the way to go either. Yagmoor? You can't be serious.

Out: Buckley
In: Seedsman

I would prefer the midfield polish of Seedsman against the Hawks to the bang-and-crash of Young, as I think the Hawks have more outside runners who can hurt than inside players.

This game will come down to how well we shut down their marking forwards. If N Brown has a good game on Roughy we should win.

I would prefer the midfield polish of Seedsman against the Hawks to the bang-and-crash of Young, as I think the Hawks have more outside runners who can hurt than inside players.

This game will come down to how well we shut down their marking forwards. If N Brown has a good game on Roughy we should win.

Does not compute...

Actually I think Hawthorn lack of outside runners and spread is a pretty major weakness for them.

The result will come down to clearances and who wins the contested possession. Hawthorn really need to dominate this or they will get owned by our spread. They really need to limit the amount and speed with which the ball goes into our forward line because their defense is a pretty big liability. To do this they'll try and slow the game down with lots of stoppages and their usual bullshit short kicking possession strategy

I haven't given up on Rounds just yet, but promoting him after one good game in however long isn't the way to go either. Yagmoor? You can't be serious.

I am serious, in losing Buckley we lose some run off of half back. If we don't replace him with someone like him, our defenders (Shaw, Goldsack mainly) will have to spend more time in there defending. Those two are the only ones who come to mind that play that half back role. Seedsman and Young are more midfielders if selected I feel that one of them will be the sub.

Seedsman in for Buckley seems the popular choice and I agree with that. Wellers and dids (if fit) are the only two I can see coming in over the next few weeks. Hopefully we can get a settled side leading into the finals.

Hawthorn may seem like the so-called "form team" of the comp, but they have not played a top 8 side since round 6.
I'm surprised more people haven't highlighted this.

They are 3 from 6 against top 8 teams and 1 of those wins was against us in rd 1 when we had 3 debutants and a mass of young players in the team. They have won 8 in a row against all non top 8 teams.

Out: Buckley (inj)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back