Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
Re: AFL Colours

Only if you're printing stuff does it make a difference.
If you're interested in why, go to Wikipedia and look up Pantone... just read the brief history of it.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
So this is what I've been playing with.
I've been looking for a template to show the colours, and found one through one of the paint companys in the US.
I'm only 1/3 done in putting in the actual colours, but here's where I am at so far.
Anything anyone can think of that you would like to see added to this?

Palette-template.gif

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I'm trying to think of a way you could make it clearer which are the 'jumper colours' and which are just secondary colourings for the logos. And then there's West Coast, which has a jumper colour that isn't in their logo...

Used to though...
Are we talking about the royal blue?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I'm trying to think of a way you could make it clearer which are the 'jumper colours' and which are just secondary colourings for the logos. And then there's West Coast, which has a jumper colour that isn't in their logo...
Jumper colours are now mostly in club colours, though some have only just adopted them. (Bulldogs now use 286 instead of Reflex Blue)
I could do the same thing but with the jumpers.
The main problem comes with Clash & Away jumpers in non-club colours.
Brisbane's Red, West Coast's Royal and Carlton's Light Blue are three that come to mind.

Logos are now finished
Palette-template.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/rmered/Palette-template.gif

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mero do you have a list of these in HTML hexadecimal format?
No, but you could go through each of the values in the OP and run them through this :
http://www.javascripter.net/faq/rgbtohex.htm
There should only be 24 different values to choose from, and two of those are non jumper/logo specific colours, which you might not need. (WCE Ochre and Collingwood Gold leaf)

PMS 186 Red is F20017 for example

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Mero, do you have the Red Green and Blue values for these colours? I like to type them in so it get the right colour. I was mainly looking for the numbers for GWS's Grey and Orange, Brisbane's Red and West Coast's Oche.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mero, do you have the Red Green and Blue values for these colours? I like to type them in so it get the right colour. I was mainly looking for the numbers for GWS's Grey and Orange, Brisbane's Red and West Coast's Oche.
RGB Values
GWS
Orange: 247,143,30
Grey: 84,83,74

Brisbane
Red: 242 , 0 , 23

West Coast
Ochre: 230, 97,0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean?

I am using the ones that 'were' in the OP. Mero has gone and changed it now. It was slightly different to what you wrote and will be different to what I hand out in the ROTW. I thought the RGB colour guide was agreed upon, and don't see the need to change it.

What is the current Pantone, RGB and CMYK for Fremantle's dark purple?
A bump Byron Pickett would be proud of.

Do you mean on the jumper or logo?

Pretty sure it hasn't changed, but ISC's material has which may effect the shade of purple used to the naked eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back