AFL.com.au Ladder Predictor to come back in Late June

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I've been waiting since this years fixture was announced for the Ladder predictor to come out. Gives me the hope at the start of the season that we can pull 12 wins and then somehow manage to win the GF from 8th :)

Capture.PNG

As for this message, not too sure how they could improve upon the ladder predictor. It's such a simple concept so surely it shouldn't take that long to code. Even still why couldn't they keep the old one up in the meantime? Who knows :huh:

I got you fam.

But that's interesting! I wonder what's new and improved about it. I hope it's something cool and not just "we changed the fonts."

Links to yours?

Oh wow that's brilliant. Thanks for the link now I can build my hopes up for a top 4 finish :)
Nothing quite like the delusion you pull on yourself when you are midrange - trying to scrape in for finals - you do the predictions and come up a game short - so you go back and look at all the ones you had pencilled in as a loss and redo it as a plucky win with some drawing of a long long bow justification.

I did that all last year - was wrong - luckily melbourne melbourned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing quite like the delusion you pull on yourself when you are midrange - trying to scrape in for finals - you do the predictions and come up a game short - so you go back and look at all the ones you had pencilled in as a loss and redo it as a plucky win with some drawing of a long long bow justification.

I did that all last year - was wrong - luckily melbourne melbourned.
I'm usually give the 50/50 games to the other team for the sake of argument. I had us losing to Melbourne despite it being a winnable game. If we just win the games we should win and lose the others then we will be fine. Maybe we could pluck a few here and there but I don't take those chances with Collingwood.

still don't get why those arse clowns never have it out at the beginning of the season.

Silent Alarm u been damm good to us this year.
Gralin made a good point on this.

If they have it up on the site earlier in the year, club supporters can predict their season, and perhaps disengage from the season once they realiss that their poor start has them missing finals.

No ladder predictor = keep more viewers engaged for longer.

It's obviously coming out after the byes. The team of two underpaid interns that put out the abortion that is the afl site weren't going to have a crack at trying to work out how to manage the bye system.

It's obviously coming out after the byes. The team of two underpaid interns that put out the abortion that is the afl site weren't going to have a crack at trying to work out how to manage the bye system.
“The team of two underpaid interns that put out the abortion that is the afl site” = Telstra.

Gralin made a good point on this.

If they have it up on the site earlier in the year, club supporters can predict their season, and perhaps disengage from the season once they realiss that their poor start has them missing finals.

No ladder predictor = keep more viewers engaged for longer.
That's the dumbest reason but it would make sense for the AFL to be like that

They might have thought it was too hard to use with 100+ games remaining, because that's a lot of clicking. Especially if they stick with the thing where you need to click more times to set the margin (which they have, judging from the screenshot).

Or maybe they just under-estimated how badly some of us need to simulate ladders!

Anyway, in the meantime, here's that link again: Squiggle's AFL Ladder Predictor.

I do still need to add draws & finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back