AFL Commentators Salaries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Darhkuan

Senior List
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not sure if anyone knows this but how much do people get paid for hosting/commentating, radio vs tv, fox vs chan 7 etc? Just curious about the media behind the industry.

Dwayne Russell - whatever the number, it's too much
Andy Maher - must get paid in L.A Cola and Aldi gift vouchers

Dwayne is not a commentator.

He’s a mentally defective moron who talks to himself during a game and thinks of nothing but viewers who have just tuned in.

He’s a mentally defective moron who talks to himself during a game and thinks of nothing but viewers who have just tuned in.
From various areas on the planet

Not TV related, but I remember when Hutchy took over SEN a few years ago, and sacked Ox and Mark Allen, and they took him to court, I remember being quite surprised by their salaries. Something like $150K for a 3 hour afternoon show each weekday.
Good money if you can get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said before they surely have created a Dwayne Russell soundboard by now. He's not actually there, it's just someone mashing cliche buttons.

I always feel like he's yelling at me.

It's like he's accidentally left the CAPS LOCK on all the time.

Pretty darn good salary for what's essentially a part time job.

I'd say there's a fair bit of preparation that goes on away from the game.

Do you think he thought up WOWEEEE!! on a spur? Hell no, it would've taken him weeks to work out the best moment to use it in a game

Big Jono Brown is the highest paid in media, I heard.
Anyone who transitions from footy media to breakfast radio like Fev (Brownie as well I think) would be making heaps.
Brownie used to live near me, a very fancy part of town (I rented lol).

He became very good friends with my wife after meeting her at a laundromat. True story. She tells me he's a very affable and friendly man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back