AFL Commentators Salaries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say that it's odd that you haven't met one of your wife's very good friends?
Like Dolly Parton says, working nine to five... what a way to make a living!
No time to walk and talk with the locals sipping chai latte with almond milk sorry!

Anyone who transitions from footy media to breakfast radio like Fev (Brownie as well I think) would be making heaps.
Brownie used to live near me, a very fancy part of town (I rented lol).

He became very good friends with my wife after meeting her at a laundromat. True story. She tells me he's a very affable and friendly man.
Why would he need a laundromat?

Think Chris Johnson is outstanding.

Pretty sure it is anyway. I've always called it the laundromat. FWIW I've always called the vacuum cleaner the Dyson, and for the record, no one has ever complained about that before.

See I don't personally use a laundromat or a dry cleaner service, but this is all really aside from the point. It's the place where you get your clothes cleaned, either by professional cleaning staff or via the coin washing machines and dryers there. Personally I am content with my own washing machine at home, and am fond of doing the vacuuming too.

I can confirm Jonathan was picking up laundry; or at least this is what I was told at the time. I suppose it is possible he was using the washing machine or dryers (maybe his were broken at the time?) and the staff, being that Brownie is a famous professional football player (dual All-Australian, 3 x premiership player, multiple Brisbane Lions leading goal kicker), television commentator, and radio host collected his laundry from the dryer or washing machine for him. He is well known and liked at this laundromat/dry cleaner. My wife mentioned this too. She thought it was funny that he would spend his very valuable time in conversation with the staff there. Every time I've seen him in my local area, he's been on his mobile phone, and I haven't dared interrupt him yet. I'd feel a bit sheepish as I've never been with my wife at the time I've spotted him. He's very friendly though as I've mentioned.

Anyway I hope that's clarified things for everyone.

Nope. But it’s a great place to meet married ladies who want to bang… oh wait….
Not going to lie. This thought has definitely crossed my mind...

3-4 people on BF could pair up at 1/3 the salary and do a better job.

Before he moved back to melb, big jonno brown sent his daughter to same school as my kids at the time. Had several covos with him at school assemblies and end of year school awards night. Also on one occasion found his daughter walking along looking lost at the beach and walked her back to where i had seen him as i walked by 5 mins earlier. Very likeable bloke no doubt

Has anyone mentioned Luke Darcy yet? I find the football almost unwatchable when he is commentating.
Constantly trying to talk about the players back story instead of calling the game. IE: Tom Stewart plucked from the local league or Pendles' basketball background. Not just once, but 10 times a game. Every game.
Not only that, he has possibly the worst phrase of any commentator, "don't you just love the way he goes about it?"
Or "I just love the way he goes about it".
When I am watching a game and he is on I find myself yelling at the TV for this flog to shut up.
Has made a good living out of being a terrible TV person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say he is doing his washing at your place these days…
He's welcome to use my washing machine any time he wants.
He'd want to ask someone whose not my wife how it works though. I'm not even sure she knows what it is.

What about Brayshaw?
Chad Warner - good young player” must have been used about 6 times by him in the Sydney game the last night

Before he moved back to melb, big jonno brown sent his daughter to same school as my kids at the time. Had several covos with him at school assemblies and end of year school awards night. Also on one occasion found his daughter walking along looking lost at the beach and walked her back to where i had seen him as i walked by 5 mins earlier. Very likeable bloke no doubt

Yeah but did he spend any time alone with your wife?

The brains trust of bigfooty needs to know :thumbsu:

Wouldn’t be a nice situation to be in! But It appears old bomber needs to go back to dealing Meath on the side to cover the costs from his coaching gig

Most of these nuff ball commentators should be donating their salaries to the public in compensation for the pain and suffering they cause with the crap that comes out of their mouths.

Rubbish, Dwayne Russell is the best in the business.
Dunno if I think he is much of a commentator tbh

Do like him on the radio though, he is very good at that

I'd say there's a fair bit of preparation that goes on away from the game.

Do you think he thought up WOWEEEE!! on a spur? Hell no, it would've taken him weeks to work out the best moment to use it in a game
I would say that there is a lot of preparation

But alot of the dickheads doing it don't do the prep work. That is bleeding obvious and a big reason why people get frustrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back