Injury AFL considering mandatory helmets

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question because I am clueless. If it is all on rapid acceleration/deceleration and nothing to do with impact, could a concussion be caused by a sudden stop to the body or is that whiplash action of the head that enables the brain to slow more naturally? What about if you are headbanging and suddenly stop?
As I said, I'm no brainguy or medical person whatsoever. But, my completely uneducated understanding is "yes". For example a shirtfront would be a sudden stop to the body, but absorbed by the body a bit and the stop to the head not necessarily as severe as if the same contact had been to the head.
Whiplash in car accidents etc can cause concussions - obviously this is at a more extreme deceleration than a football collision would normally be.

Happy to be corrected by anyone with even a small amount of knowledge.

But what if we put the helmet inside the skull?

I mean, if you can clean lungs with disinfectant or UV light, then why not?

Genuine question because I am clueless. If it is all on rapid acceleration/deceleration and nothing to do with impact, could a concussion be caused by a sudden stop to the body or is that whiplash action of the head that enables the brain to slow more naturally? What about if you are headbanging and suddenly stop?
Yeah. Technically if you were headbanging hard enough you could give yourself a concussion. I don't know if there is a professional sport that you can't guarantee against concussion except golf tbh.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

But what if we put the helmet inside the skull?

da4d47a7-033a-4f9f-b37a-9127c11d5df0_text.gif

Not sure why people are surprised, the whole world has gone soft as fk

Not as soft as the chronic health issues, pain, early onset arthritis, long term back and spine injuries, loss of motor function, skill and memory and overall cognitive decline from those ex players suffering in their 40s and 50s you don’t see broadcast on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back