AFL Corruption

Zuribagger

Hopeful
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
couldn't agree more - I want to follow a club run by a group of professional people who whinge and whine professionally - now that is something to aspire to!
I got 5 lines out of Thy! ;)
OK “whine and whinge” are the wrong words. Let’s just say more media presence and less pushovers. At the moment we appear to have very little voice in comparison to some other clubs.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
OK “whine and whinge” are the wrong words. Let’s just say more media presence and less pushovers. At the moment we appear to have very little voice in comparison to some other clubs.

We mismanaged ourselves over a 20 year period to go from a power club to minnow. We aren't getting favours any time soon from the league. Will take plenty of hard yards to re-establish ourselves as a power club.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just as it is hilarious that you need to keep coming on here bagging it out. There are plenty of other threads so just stick to them if your not here to discuss the thread title and your only input is to bag the thread and those on it. When I see your posts or others’ posts in other threads that make no sense, I just scroll pass rather than judge them.

Yet here we are....

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Do you support our club or do you lick the AFL's boots?

The whole point of the discussion in this thread is that the AFL -- time and time again -- makes decisions that harm our club. It makes those decisions in order to help other clubs at our expense. Why the hell should any of us be happy about that? Do you have a GC or GWS membership? Do care for one second what happens to those clubs? Because I sure as hell don't. When the AFL gives GC a priority pick after a two-win season, having refused to give us anything after our two-win season last year, then we should be furious. When they step in and pay ambassadorial money to free agents to prevent them from joining us, then we should be furious.

I'm glad to see you can laugh it all off. You must be a real, dyed in the wool supporter.

yeah they sit there and think of ways to harm our club........

I am a real supporter, not somebody who cracks the shits because cognilio signed with his club and Carlton missed out.

We got ourselves into this mess by the shitting recruiting, even worse player development and poor coaching choices.

GC are in their position because as soon as someone is drafted there, 17 other clubs are in their players manager ear to come to their club. Even more so for the 10 Melbourne clubs who will bring home every Melbourne born draft pick by GC back to melbourne.

I bet you you are the type of supporters on here who complains about the umpiring and it's an AFL directive for them to umpire poorly for Carlton. 'It's a conspiracy'

Take off you Carlton bias and conspiracy against Carlton glasses, it's not how the AFL runs. They are dodgy as hell, but dodgy as hell for every team out there.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hawthorn fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Roughhead and Ellis from priority picks, and then won premierships with those players.

Collingwood fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Thomas from a priority pick, and then won a premiership with him.

West Coast fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Judd from a priority pick, and then won a premiership with him.

Carlton wins twelve games total over three seasons and gets nothing.

You see what I'm saying?
How long ago was that? Rules change and how it's implemented because of tanking (which we were clearly a team who tanked to get no.1 draft picks)

I could quote us buying players from WA and SA and winning flags in the 80's as a way to be successful based on your reasonings for us to get a priory pick. Rules change.

Personally prefer a low media profile with the club working its butt off to improve the things that are in its control - list management, getting assistant coaches and other footy staff, recruitment, re-signing members, developing other income streams. I want substance for a strong and independent club, not spin.

5 lines on yer phone maybe...…….only 1 on my bad boy commodore 64 green screen...………...

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We mismanaged ourselves over a 20 year period to go from a power club to minnow. We aren't getting favours any time soon from the league. Will take plenty of hard yards to re-establish ourselves as a power club.
What some want is the hubris we were once famous for.

Actions speak louder than words, so I am proud of the way this club is turning the ship.

It might be slow and steady but shutting the eff up and just getting on with it is a far smarter strategy long term.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Whilst I don't disagree that what Gil wants Gil gets however I reckon the ambassador money would be chicken feed to what he turned down from us

Gil and Caro still haven’t forgiven us for:

sacking Trigg
not appointing Gil’s buddy Lethlean as CEO.

They’re still seeking revenge.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I am glad you folks are speaking about AFL corruption, because it logically does exist.

No organisation this big could just put all these continual issues down to coincidence.

Let's not forget that one of the AFL's struggling franchises is also playing a home final next week purely because of admitted incompetence..........

..............or perhaps it is corruption?

Our game is in crisis, and the problem starts at the top.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Just listening to SEN - discussing list management/trades/drafts etc.

They were talking about how Hawthorn prefer to trade in than draft. When it was pointed out by Kingy that under current AFL rules, you can only trade your 1st round pick for four consecutive years, Whately responded that Hawthorn would likely apply to the AFL for an exemption if they had a trade on the table, and would be granted.

The reasoning was that the rule was introduced to stop clubs being reckless in their trading, and Hawthorn clearly not in that category.

What a load of horse****!!! Clarko just has his weekly coffee with Gil, and it's a done deal.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How long ago was that? Rules change and how it's implemented because of tanking (which we were clearly a team who tanked to get no.1 draft picks)

I could quote us buying players from WA and SA and winning flags in the 80's as a way to be successful based on your reasonings for us to get a priory pick. Rules change.

Yes we’re very bad and can hardly win a game in two years and then all of a sudden we are good enough to engineer results.

I am glad you folks are speaking about AFL corruption, because it logically does exist.

No organisation this big could just put all these continual issues down to coincidence.

Let's not forget that one of the AFL's struggling franchises is also playing a home final next week purely because of admitted incompetence..........

View attachment 737594

..............or perhaps it is corruption?

Our game is in crisis, and the problem starts at the top.
bad enough I have to suffer the local tin-hat brigade and their conspiracy rubbish, now we're importing it?

Every time I read a statement such as this one it just makes me laugh. To me it shows a lack of understanding of how things were in the VFL back then. EVERY team in the competition had a smattering of interstate stars on it's list. We won premierships because we were a strong club, end of story. We were playing by the same rules that everybody else was.

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Every time I read a statement such as this one it just makes me laugh. To me it shows a lack of understanding of how things were in the VFL back then. EVERY team in the competition had a smattering of interstate stars on it's list. We won premierships because we were a strong club, end of story. We were playing by the same rules that everybody else was.
North were pretty good at it, with interstate players like Blight, Glendinning and the Krakouer brothers.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

And in the 60’s and 70’s we were recruiting the best country players with a smattering of Jezza from ACT (thank you Sir Robert Menzies ;) ) and Crosswell from Tasmania

BringBackSimmo

(Previously BringBackSOS)
Jul 12, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Has this been brought up...

Hawks to ask AFL for trade exemption

“I think they (Hawthorn) will simply apply and they (the AFL) will simply go ‘yes, you know what you’re doing’.

“I think it’s there as a precaution against clubs who do crazy things. Hawthorn are not doing crazy things. They know precisely what they are doing.”

What does it matter if they know precisely what they are doing or not? It's still a rule!

Back