AFL Corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder, could we extend the 'Opposition supporters say the weirdest things' thread to include some Carlton posters?

Some of what's said in here is reasonable, but some of this is a bit out there.
the internet is already groaning under stupid - do you want to officially kill it?

Every time I read a statement such as this one it just makes me laugh. To me it shows a lack of understanding of how things were in the VFL back then. EVERY team in the competition had a smattering of interstate stars on it's list. We won premierships because we were a strong club, end of story. We were playing by the same rules that everybody else was.
nup

Has this been brought up...
Hawks to ask AFL for trade exemption

What does it matter if they know precisely what they are doing or not? It's still a rule!

This is the thing. There are too many instances where the rules aren't set in stone and they're at the discretion of those 'applying' those rules.

The AFL do have their 'ideals and agendas' and if this requires one to be wearing a tin-foil hat, then one hasn't been looking hard enough.
The problem as I've stated with this before is that once one starts along this path, it's hard coming back from it.
e.g. What are the rules that govern Priority Picks? Anyone?

So, you believe all of the premiership we won were due to playing outside the rules? I'm confused, what were we doing differently to clubs like Richmond, Essendon, North and Hawthorn during that period?

So, you believe all of the premiership we won were due to playing outside the rules? I'm confused, what were we doing differently to clubs like Richmond, Essendon, North and Hawthorn during that period?
Winning

Bear in mind that the AFL is a body created by the cubs to administer the competition. The clubs are the collective owners of the AFL , similar to a federal government.
If the clubs collectively had on going issues with the AFL, they could disband it , theoretically, or at least sack the administration.

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We mismanaged ourselves over a 20 year period to go from a power club to minnow. We aren't getting favours any time soon from the league. Will take plenty of hard yards to re-establish ourselves as a power club.
I dont want the afls charity.
Anything that they give us that is above and beyond the normal will have so many strings attached, and would involve us kissing the afls behind. Dont want them involved with club management.

I dont want the afls charity.
Anything that they give us that is above and beyond the normal will have so many strings attached, and would involve us kissing the afls behind. Dont want them involved with club management.

No I think we're well past needing strings attached assistance. There is somewhat of a need to request the odd "please explain" though when Gil starts changing the playing field at his own discretion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene got off. Enough said.
Yep. Horrendous decision.

AFL "hey kids, this week in Auskick we show you you to hit/scratch the face and pull the hair of your opposition whilst their arms are pinned....the best part is they can't fight back.....but make sure to check the umpire isn't watching before you go in for seconds"

I was disappointed- I thought the AFL we’re going to elevate him automatically to Legend Status.
It’s hard not to conclude that Greene is fortunate that he is a GWS player. I couldn’t, and cannot, even be bothered learning how the AFL justified its penalty. I’ve lost faith in the current admin. Over it.

C'mon, seriously... think about it... is anyone really surprised?

Don't agree with it, but I think murder might be the only way to get suspended during the finals
Nope. Out on Bail, free to play.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that Jazz

It’s hard not to conclude that Greene is fortunate that he is a GWS player. I couldn’t, and cannot, even be bothered learning how the AFL justified its penalty. I’ve lost faith in the current admin. Over it.
And what about when Setters got rubbed out for the perfect tackle ..
It's a farce ..
Ablett with his elbows ..What a joke..

Clubs list managers planning to wait for a year when Hawthorn must not trade it's first rounder and have worked hard to land a good target. Nekminnut... Hawthorn get an exemption and lure so said player to their club at supposedly a quarter of the salary and half the draft picks.

It's a group of people who tell you it's a sporting competition.

They run it as an entertainment brand. Their focus is bums in seats, eyes on TV, money in their pocket.

When the day comes Carlton is in the best business for those in charge we will get the "luck" our way
Sadly accurate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back