Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Hey Reardo. Give us a wrap of DD season 2013, and what you'd like to see for 2014..

Any exciting young prospects (16s to seniors)
Potential signings for clubs in 2014?
What you'd like to see in the 2014 season?
U18s. What might happen there?

Etc......

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Congratulations on your elevation to the Bombers senior team coaching role Reardo!!

How are things looking early in your pre-season?

Congratulations on your elevation to the Bombers senior team coaching role Reardo!!

You old dog you Reardo supplements all round.

you can take the boy out of the game but not the game outta the boy.

You old dog you Reardo supplements all round.

you can take the boy out of the game but not the game outta the boy.

Thanks boys, I've actually been coaching the seniors the last two seasons but I'm running around again. The only supplements we're on come in liquid form and are served over the bar, I think we are overdosing on them.:thumbsu:

Thanks boys, I've actually been coaching the seniors the last two seasons but I'm running around again. The only supplements we're on come in liquid form and are served over the bar, I think we are overdosing on them.:thumbsu:

No Movie commitments this coming season obviously.

combaning

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
2012-13 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 15th March

$1500 prize money

Revised format and venue

Limited places available

Details obtained by emailing tgranleese@gmail.com

Hey Reardo, are the Rockliff boys from Dalby any far flung relation to Tom Rockliff?
I did ask them that question and they didn't think so, if so it's distant. It's a fair question though because the Rockliff boys can definitely play, both are very handy. :thumbsu:

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
I did ask them that question and they didn't think so, if so it's distant. It's a fair question though because the Rockliff boys can definitely play, both are very handy. :thumbsu:

How good would it be if some of those boys made it to an academy or a draft.

Pity what usually happens is AFLDD provide no decent pathways and they end up getting on the piss and lose the plot when they are drafting age.

Dalby Swans have had shitloads of great juniors that get lost in translation.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
How good would it be if some of those boys made it to an academy or a draft.

Pity what usually happens is AFLDD provide no decent pathways and they end up getting on the piss and lose the plot when they are drafting age.

Dalby Swans have had shitloads of great juniors that get lost in translation.

Any suggestions? What do other rural leagues do that AFLDD doesn't?

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Any suggestions? What do other rural leagues do that AFLDD doesn't?

They used to have a DD junior rep team play in a Brisbane comp. AFL Qld knocked that on the head. The AFL or QLD club academies need to have more scouts out there and maybe keep an eye on the Dalby Swans. It is no fluke that their junior teams from 12-16 continually win or make their respective GF's.

Don't know about the other rural leagues. Considering the DD's proximity in south-east Queensland and the amount of teams, they would have a closer eye. Seems like it's only GC and Brisbane that attract scouts.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
They used to have a DD junior rep team play in a Brisbane comp. AFL Qld knocked that on the head. The AFL or QLD club academies need to have more scouts out there and maybe keep an eye on the Dalby Swans. It is no fluke that their junior teams from 12-16 continually win or make their respective GF's.

Don't know about the other rural leagues. Considering the DD's proximity in south-east Queensland and the amount of teams, they would have a closer eye. Seems like it's only GC and Brisbane that attract scouts.

Im a fan of having an u18s DD side in the Brisbane competition, as that would put our talent on show.

My guess is that sooner rather than later u18s in the Bris comp will be reinstated as the AFLDD growth continues to explode and produce talented juniors. Just my opinion though.

Back