Competitions AFL draft comp: Who will Essendon pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Bombers, can u draft guys with a pick, by offering them a Rookie Contract?
Any chance you will Rookie Aaron Heppell with one of your picks?
No. You can only do that in the RD.

Unfortunately it is a chance.

Will not happen at pick one. Not sure why you would be worried. Fantasia was a very good left field selection.
I think what he's saying is we do tend to take risks with second rounders.

Steinberg over Parker
Morgan over MATHIESON lel

Will not happen at pick one. Not sure why you would be worried. Fantasia was a very good left field selection.

Tongue in cheek about pick 1, unless they choose Marshall I don't think they can go wrong and I'll be happy with either Mcluggage, McGrath, Setterfield, Bowes, Ainsworth, Taranto etc

Yeah fantasia was a good pick up Ant but for the 1 we got, there's about 3 to 4 that were miss, I know every club has their misses, none more than Richmond, but boy the last 15 years hasn't been exciting which magnifies the misses more so.

I just hope we fatten up our midfield depth with an ability to run out 4 quarters.

Anyone predict....
Alex Morgan (2015, pick 29)
Orazio Fantasia (2013, pick 55)
Jason Ashby (2012, pick 34)

The dood will pull something out of his posterior, best of luck all.
Ashby was predicted to go between 30 and 40 by literally every phantom draft I saw that year. Dylan van Unen was the big shock of that draft.

Fantasia was predicted to go earlier in many drafts too.

Hey guys,

Don't know if this is the right place or not (mods please feel free to move), but (yes, it's that time of year again!) I've been put in charge of Essendon for the Dogs Fantasy Draft.

So, the essentials:
How many list spots do you have available?
What do you see as your NEEDS?
What do you see as your WANTS?
Any Dons VFL guys nominated for draft that you'd like / are likely to pick up?

Any other opinions greatly appreciated...

Have noticed some of the lists on here with names I'm highly looking at too.
Absolute pencil 1st version
1 - McLuggage (coin flip for McGrath though)
20 - Jarrod Berry (I'm actually hoping the Dogs snag him with 18)
29 - Scharenberg / Simpkin (both may be gone by then though)
41 - Ben Long (hope not, I think thats what Dogs pick 50 is for!)
68 - Walla upgrade?

Cheers all!

Hey guys,

Don't know if this is the right place or not (mods please feel free to move), but (yes, it's that time of year again!) I've been put in charge of Essendon for the Dogs Fantasy Draft.

So, the essentials:
How many list spots do you have available?
What do you see as your NEEDS?
What do you see as your WANTS?
Any Dons VFL guys nominated for draft that you'd like / are likely to pick up?

Any other opinions greatly appreciated...

Have noticed some of the lists on here with names I'm highly looking at too.
Absolute pencil 1st version
1 - McLuggage (coin flip for McGrath though)
20 - Jarrod Berry (I'm actually hoping the Dogs snag him with 18)
29 - Scharenberg / Simpkin (both may be gone by then though)
41 - Ben Long (hope not, I think thats what Dogs pick 50 is for!)
68 - Walla upgrade?

Cheers all!
We have a few list needs. Would have Powell-Pepper at 20 if available or Simpkin/Florent/Gallucci ahead of Berry. Don't mind the Berg pick but would have Willem Drew ahead. Long I think will happen too.

Hoges64 hey mate, if you're going needs, we need an inside mid and a forward who kicks goals. Battle is a good option if you can.

We have a few list needs. Would have Powell-Pepper at 20 if available or Simpkin/Florent/Gallucci ahead of Berry. Don't mind the Berg pick but would have Willem Drew ahead. Long I think will happen too.

Hoges64 hey mate, if you're going needs, we need an inside mid and a forward who kicks goals. Battle is a good option if you can.

Inside mid and a goal-kicking forward, check! Hence the Battle call above, beautiful. Might need to jump on him at 20, doubt he'd last til 29.

Would you be happy with?
1. McLuggage
20. Battle
29. Drew
41. Long

29 for Drew isn't reaching too far?

Inside mid and a goal-kicking forward, check! Hence the Battle call above, beautiful. Might need to jump on him at 20, doubt he'd last til 29.

Would you be happy with?
1. McLuggage
20. Battle
29. Drew
41. Long

Probably. I'd sooner have SPP at 20 and Kerr at 29 with that sort of set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you be happy with?
1. McLuggage
20. Battle
29. Drew
41. Long

Can't complain with that set up and maybe even Clarke instead of Drew for that bigger inside player

Can't complain with that set up and maybe even Clarke instead of Drew for that bigger inside player
Cool, thanks! Clarke into consideration...

Would anyone be horrifically upset if you grabbed anyone but McLuggage at 1? McGrath the only BIG consideration, but there's some love out there for Ainsworth and even upsetting GWS by bidding on Setterfield at 1. How are your relations with GWS? Would you like to piss them off? :D:D:D

Would anyone be horrifically upset if you grabbed anyone but McLuggage at 1? McGrath the only BIG consideration, but there's some love out there for Ainsworth and even upsetting GWS by bidding on Setterfield at 1. How are your relations with GWS? Would you like to piss them off? :D:D:D
I don't care either way tbh pick whoever you like

eth-dog and I went through some options in the draft thread there are a lot to consider at 68 or rookie draft but none are good enough for pick 41 imo

Can't wait for the AFL to launch the draft hub will be easier to sift through the different positions.

reckon we look into a project ruck this year though, To develop alongside Gach.

What about another developing ruck at 41 or 68?

Who would be the likely guys around those selections.
Mature age: Oscar McInerney, Darcy Cameron

We basically pick boyscouts, so I suspect Ainsworth's purported attitude ruled him out straight off the bat.

In all likelihood it's a race in two between McCluggage and McGrath.

1: Andrew McGrath
20. Jy Simpkin
29. Josh Rotham
If Brisbane pass on Rotham with 21 and 22 they should be taken out the back and shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back