Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm hoping we come home so strongly that it places us outside the current danger zone, being a top 5 set of mids that don't really suit us.

Once over that hurdle we have the freedom to make better choices.

plus we have Cheezel fan already. It's a sign
Do wonder if our 2x 2nds get us a high-ish pick this year (i.e. before Davey)
Probably needs to be a live trade and really only in the teens as a chance

Think we need to split our pick and go for a key Forward and mid with our first two picks. Then rounding it out with the Davey twins and munkara

Cameron is all the things I said + good overhead.

Waterman is medium pace, more solid, not great at gathering the ball below knee level, and has the agility of a freight train, but can lead up, take an overhead mark and is a pretty accurate kick from a set shot. Has more in common with Peter Wright than Walla despite his height.

Also I think 6'3 is the mid-point for "small" and "tall" in terms of anywhere on the ground.

Perkins and Redman are 6'3, Guelfi and Durham 6'2, Shiel, Ham, Hobbs, Caldwell and Waterman are 6'1. 🤷‍♀️

Hurley, Francis, Baldwin, Laverde, Cutler, Langford, Stringer, Martin are the 6'5 sort of height.

It's weird thinking about it in the old scale 🤣
If it's any help, 183cm is almost exactly 6' in the old. So at 185cm, a player is just under 6'1'', not 6'2''.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mukara was pretty average for the Allies. Only one game but he just did not get into it. Let his man run of with very little effort to chase a number of times. Did not lead at the footy or even position himself to be near the contest.

I am with foj on Mattaes Phillipou . Good inside and outside game. Good spread. Defensive attributes solid. Kicks goals. Good work rate.

i have been very buoyant about matteus for a fair while.
my only concern with him on the weekend we’re some fumbles below knees under pressure
his attributes were on display last weekend
i really like Aaron cadman as well and if they feel Eyre, brand and Baldwin are long shots to make it I would not be adverse to picking him
as a late pick/ rookie selection I reckon Hugh bond is an inside midfielder who might suit- hard as a cats head

Mukara was pretty average for the Allies. Only one game but he just did not get into it. Let his man run of with very little effort to chase a number of times. Did not lead at the footy or even position himself to be near the contest.

I am with foj on Mattaes Phillipou . Good inside and outside game. Good spread. Defensive attributes solid. Kicks goals. Good work rate.

These are the sorts of reports I like to hear, not just on Anthony but any potential draftee. foj1 just mentioned about Phillipou being humbly below his knees, these are the things most amateur watchers on Bigfoot won't highlight but the more detailed eyes seem to pick up on.

Re Munkara, it is starting to sound like the old fashioned "all the talent in the world" type of scenario where we could potentially have Adam Goodes on our hands if he gets it all right (physically and mentally) or Liam Jurrah if he doesn't.

Only time will tell. I know we all want him to succeed at Essendon but sounds like simply seeing him play 150 AFL games would do the AFL a world of good.

At this stage, is he someone who you'd be comfortable trading into the first round for?

At this stage, is he someone who you'd be comfortable trading into the first round for?
Would have to see more games but I have my doubts on first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back