Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Let’s tank our way to number two draft pick and trade our future 2nd for draft points this year

1st Rd -Wardlaw or Sheezel (Ashcroft to go pick one)
2nd Rd - Best tall forward available
Then -
Alwyn Davey, Munkara & Jayden Davey in any order depending on bids
We don't need to trade our future pick.

Jayden will be a late bid (if at all) and the only way we get Munkara is if he is 40+, which means it will be cheap to match.

We don't need to trade our future pick.

Jayden will be a late bid (if at all) and the only way we get Munkara is if he is 40+, which means it will be cheap to match.
Or tank
We're pretty garbage.

If we're keen on munkara, could swap 2nd and future 2nd into a 1st rd pick.

Pick 2 - ?
Traded in pick - Munkara
Match davey bid
Grab jayden late

I'm leaning towards one of Hewett or Syzbkowski with our first pick to add another midfielder with a good work rate. Can understand why people want Sheezel and Phillipou but I'm not convinced we're going to make the full time midfielder that we want out of them

What's Tsatas like in that regard?

Hmmm I’m still leaning towards Sheezel at 3. We’re crying out for a Rachele type and Sheezel plus the Davey twins (and Menzie if he comes on) can just about fix our small forward issue in one draft.

Hmmm I’m still leaning towards Sheezel at 3. We’re crying out for a Rachele type and Sheezel plus the Davey twins (and Menzie if he comes on) can just about fix our small forward issue in one draft.

I'm torn between him and Phillipou.

With Sheezel, I'm more hoping for a Jason Akermanis/Toby Greene type of player. Someone who can play midfield and average 26/1.3 or play forward and go 16/2.5

I'm torn between him and Phillipou.

With Sheezel, I'm more hoping for a Jason Akermanis/Toby Greene type of player. Someone who can play midfield and average 26/1.3 or play forward and go 16/2.5
I'm still on Sheezel. We lack that player that in a single moment can impact the scoreboard or setup a play that will.
Momentum killers for opposition sides.

Perkins is building into a Fyfe/Cripps type (Note type, not quality....yet ;) ) player. Strong in the tackle, bursts through packs, ok-ish forward craft (rushed it a bit on Friday).
He and Hobbs with another 30-40 games look to be core to progressing the midfield.
If Alwyn is half as good as his uncle, we have an excellent user inbound to compliment.
And there's still Shiel, Merrett and Parish.

1st pick - Sheezel
Trade 2nd & F2 up as high as possible & ahead of Alwyn - best available mid or KPF.

I'm still on Sheezel. We lack that player that in a single moment can impact the scoreboard or setup a play that will.
Momentum killers for opposition sides.

Perkins is building into a Fyfe/Cripps type (Note type, not quality....yet ;) ) player. Strong in the tackle, bursts through packs, ok-ish forward craft (rushed it a bit on Friday).
He and Hobbs with another 30-40 games look to be core to progressing the midfield.
If Alwyn is half as good as his uncle, we have an excellent user inbound to compliment.
And there's still Shiel, Merrett and Parish.

1st pick - Sheezel
Trade 2nd & F2 up as high as possible & ahead of Alwyn - best available mid or KPF.
Fyfe and Cripps were averaging about 25 touches in their second year and were already dominant.

Perkins is getting it 13 times and is such a long way away from being anywhere near that its not funny. I like the kid and think he can be a good player but we put too much hope and emphasis on the new and shiny kid (Perkins, Hobbs, insert name here). Just look at McGrath 3 years ago and some of the accolades to what he is now.

Just cross my fingers and hope we get a player that can actually play for day 1 pretty much.

Fyfe and Cripps were averaging about 25 touches in their second year and were already dominant.

Perkins is getting it 13 times and is such a long way away from being anywhere near that its not funny. I like the kid and think he can be a good player but we put too much hope and emphasis on the new and shiny kid (Perkins, Hobbs, insert name here). Just look at McGrath 3 years ago and some of the accolades to what he is now.

Just cross my fingers and hope we get a player that can actually play for day 1 pretty much.
more the role and size. plus he spent all last year as a fwd and only recently has come into the middle.
Looking at how we balance the side with the picks we have. I'd like another big mid, particularly a hard tackling one.

1st pick - add some class/silk
2nd pick - best mid who fits the above description or if there is an A grade KPF (CHF ideally) on the board
Add Davey as 2nd classy user
Add Jayden cos we need small forwards.

I agree Cripps is the wrong comparison. Fyfe though is one I can agree with.

Development is obviously not the same for every player and Archie's draft class was obviously impacted by no U18 in their draft year, but comparing Fyfe's first year with Archie's second year is actually reasonably close.

From Archie's perspective, I was hoping this season would produce 2-4 games where he would get 23/2 or similar to show he had star potential before making the big jump in 23/24. Ideally, I'd love to see him have a couple of games in the back half of the year where he gets 25~ disposals just to see that he does have the ability for higher production, but everything else is tracking okay.

1656295497709.png
1656295584709.png

The jump in Fyfe's season was incredible, but you can see that there were a handful of games in the previous season to see that he had that potential. That's all I'm looking for from Archie at the moment, even if he never reaches Fyfe's level.

1656295539943.png

more the role and size. plus he spent all last year as a fwd and only recently has come into the middle.
Looking at how we balance the side with the picks we have. I'd like another big mid, particularly a hard tackling one.

1st pick - add some class/silk
2nd pick - best mid who fits the above description or if there is an A grade KPF (CHF ideally) on the board
Add Davey as 2nd classy user
Add Jayden cos we need small forwards.

In fairness, Cripps is listed as 7cm and 15kg heavier than Archie (though I'm sure Archie weighs more than 80kgs now).

Yep, development can be different for players. Ablett Jnr as an example, took him about 5 years to become a bonafide mid and then the best player in the comp.

Perkins may need that to get the running capacity to be in that category and cross fingers he can get to a space that is in the upper echelon of players.

This is us the last 15 years.. waiting, hoping, drafting. One of these days surely its got to all come together and we nail ready made players with some who are having their break out season.

In fairness, Cripps is listed as 7cm and 15kg heavier than Archie (though I'm sure Archie weighs more than 80kgs now).
Cripps is borderline CHF height.
Im more thinking the role where his frame is big enough to crash through, keep the arms up and the ball from being smothered and standing in the tackle.
As the year has gone on, im liking what I see from his ability to hunt the ball off the deck too.

We have no one like that in a package outside Stringer (pun indeed intended) and Jake probably has 2 seasons left...less playing that role too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, development can be different for players. Ablett Jnr as an example, took him about 5 years to become a bonafide mid and then the best player in the comp.

Perkins may need that to get the running capacity to be in that category and cross fingers he can get to a space that is in the upper echelon of players.

This is us the last 15 years.. waiting, hoping, drafting. One of these days surely its got to all come together and we nail ready made players with some who are having their break out season.
I can't think of too many before Archie that we drafted where x-factor talent was the prime strength.

if you think about our sharp picks they've either been KP (Gumbleton, Ryder, Hurley, Daniher, Reid), flankers (Langford, Laverde, Heppell, Myers) or smaller mids (Parish, McGrath, Hobbs)

Trading for Shiel, Stringer & Smith I guess but they came in as ready made.

I think we have the making of a good midfield mix if Perkins can keep building through this season.
We need another sizeable mid in there who brings tackling pressure, esp given the game Truck wants to play. Not sure who that is from this draft.

I can't think of too many before Archie that we drafted where x-factor talent was the prime strength.

if you think about our sharp picks they've either been KP (Gumbleton, Ryder, Hurley, Daniher, Reid), flankers (Langford, Laverde, Heppell, Myers) or smaller mids (Parish, McGrath, Hobbs)

Trading for Shiel, Stringer & Smith I guess but they came in as ready made.

I think we have the making of a good midfield mix if Perkins can keep building through this season.
We need another sizeable mid in there who brings tackling pressure, esp given the game Truck wants to play. Not sure who that is from this draft.

If he gets his tank up Voss would be a great fit for a sizeable tackling machine who can push forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want Sheezel.

Not only because we need a player like him on the list, but because of the nickname potential.

he's gotta be Cheezel.
And Cheezel Fan should be presenting him his jumper.
Elaborating from Cheezel, I feel ”The Big Sheez” could be very much appropriate.

We really have no excuse when you can live trade to draft players of need.

After pick 3, we should be looking to trade back in to grab a player like Cam McKenzie.

We really have no excuse when you can live trade to draft players of need.

After pick 3, we should be looking to trade back in to grab a player like Cam McKenzie.
I think if we trade back into the first round (and I agree that we should) then Munkara would be one I'd take if he's still there.

I think if we trade back into the first round (and I agree that we should) then Munkara would be one I'd take if he's still there.

I'm reading more and more comments about Munkara that make me question whether he's going to go as early as we thought.

How many times have you really watched munkara play?
i have watched him play 7 times and only once live
he looks a fair way off a first rounder for mine- exciting skill set though

How many times have you really watched munkara play?
i have watched him play 7 times and only once live
he looks a fair way off a first rounder for mine- exciting skill set though
Not many, I'm just looking at several draft watchers putting him in the first round range

Not many, I'm just looking at several draft watchers putting him in the first round range
Fair enough
he certainly has talent with footy in hand
i reckon he will struggle to go in the first round unless his form improves a bit
he probably has first round talent

Set up of the draft is interesting. Surely advantages the Non-Vic clubs with access to talent and, if they could attract someone established to move, trade out picks and effectively drop only one spot. Is that a correct understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back