Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
The only team I see potentially taking him before us is GWS and they have never been shy of trying to recruit a Victorian midfielder for there first pick.
I'd be staggered if they went for another mid after potentially trading out 2 of their best mids this year.

I’ve been following this draft class for a while and while I have been screaming out for a midfielder with our first pick the whole time, I can’t help but be more and more impressed with Cadman. He really does have a Jeremy Cameron game style about him.

I feel as though if we were to get Dunkley with future picks we wouldn’t necessarily need a mid with our first.

My ideal draft would be

1st pick- Aaron cadman
2nd pick- Mitch Szybkowski/Adam D’Aloia/Reuben Ginbey
3rd pick- Alwyn Davey bid match
4th pick- Anthony munkura bid match.

If Dunkley deal falls through then I think we willl recruit one of tsatas (the obvious one) or Clarke (As much as we will hate getting another 180cm mid i see his leadership qualities and competiveness the reason for us drafting him.)
i quite like that.
if Cadman is gone at our first, go the mid then look at someone like Keeler, Scully, Lemmey or Jefferson at our 2nd if we can move it up.
Mobile CHF would be nice.

Why not Scully or Lemmey?
For mine they seem like Peter Wright types. Don’t have the agility and tricks to influence until they mature. So take them if you’re happy to wait 5 years before they play consistent AFL football.

The only team I see potentially taking him before us is GWS and they have never been shy of trying to recruit a Victorian midfielder for there first pick.

As much as we are looking for a tier one mid of the comp it might suit our team needs better to get a potential star chf to allow jones to play his natural position as third tall.
Why would only GWS take him? Both North and West Coast need KPF.

Not exactly like the mids in this draft outside of Ashcroft project as exceptional talents.

Seems like the perfect draft to fill that need.

Why would only GWS take him? Both North and West Coast need KPF.

Not exactly like the mids in this draft outside of Ashcroft project as exceptional talents.

Seems like the perfect draft to fill that need.
north are in quite the quandary.
They really need a KPD (Busslinger), but do you stretch at 1 for your need, or keep going the best at 1/2.
As you say, a Cadman could also help.
I feel their midfield could use some outside class too, so Tsatas could be on the radar as well as Sheezel.

As you say, this might be the best draft for some clubs to draft in the interest of their list needs over best talent.

They really need a KPD (Busslinger), but do you stretch at 1 for your need, or keep going the best at 1/2.
I feel their midfield could use some outside class too, so Tsatas could be on the radar as well as Sheezel.

As you say, this might be the best draft for some clubs to draft in the interest of their list needs over best talent.
I still think they go best available talent with pick 1. Can always grab a key defender with pick 20~ which should be a decent player.

IMO They just have to go Cadman. Charlie Comden isn’t coming on, they’ve just debuted Dawson. I think they are holding out on a mid first round priority, hoping Busslinger is there for it. If not a Lewis Hayes could be the go.

Their third rounder might be enough to snare a Darcy Jones or Jacob/Kobe Ryan in the third to give them some outside or half back use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO They just have to go Cadman. Charlie Comden isn’t coming on, they’ve just debuted Dawson. I think they are holding out on a mid first round priority, hoping Busslinger is there for it. If not a Lewis Hayes could be the go.

Their third rounder might be enough to snare a Darcy Jones or Jacob/Kobe Ryan in the third to give them some outside or half back use.
given they gave up what is looking like 19 for CCJ, it might not be the worst idea to split the pick if they can.

If Kobe Ryan is there that late, i'd take a punt with whatever residual pick there is post Davey. seems to be well regarded for work rate and ethic.
not like we don't need the depth.

given they gave up what is looking like 19 for CCJ, it might not be the worst idea to split the pick if they can.

If Kobe Ryan is there that late, i'd take a punt with whatever residual pick there is post Davey. seems to be well regarded for work rate and ethic.
not like we don't need the depth.
Kobe is interesting, thought he was pretty underwhelming in the champs. Only his WA game seemed to match the hype and the opposition wasn't that strong.

It would almost be better for them if they got a mid-first PP instead of a start of first.

I suspect the AFL don't really want to give them a start of first round pick either, given they've pretty much dug this hole of their own volition and aren't an expansion club.

Last edited:
Hey all

We have one of the resident Bigfooty draft experts in PMBangers on the podcast this week!
We are having a Q&A section so get your draft (or GWS related?) questions in to me via DM or the thread here if you have something burning you want to ask.

Cut off is 4pm tomorrow!

Anthony Munkara - where is he at with his football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Wardlaw probably suits them best. They’ll be trash for a while and they really need the sort of work ethic and attitude he brings more than they need talent.

Mid
What does Bailey Humphrey’s draft range look like?
mid to late first round selection
athleticism and kicking would be the question marks but the kid is a competitive beast
i see luke Parker when I watch him for what it’s worth

They’ve gone pretty hard on midfielders haven’t they… Horne-Francis, Thomas, LDU, Simpkin, Phillips and Powell. An outside type is what’s missing there. I reckon they’re so bad it’s just best available tbh. But probs not a inside type. With Greenwood and Anderson also on the list

They’ve gone pretty hard on midfielders haven’t they… Horne-Francis, Thomas, LDU, Simpkin, Phillips and Powell. An outside type is what’s missing there. I reckon they’re so bad it’s just best available tbh. But probs not a inside type. With Greenwood and Anderson also on the list

Yep they ****ed up by not taking DGB or McDonald in the draft they took Philips IMO. Still screaming out for KPP depth and will likely add another Pick 1 midfielder this season, so Phillips and Powell make limited sense to me.

Yep they *ed up by not taking DGB or McDonald in the draft they took Philips IMO. Still screaming out for KPP depth and will likely add another Pick 1 midfielder this season, so Phillips and Powell make limited sense to me.
McDonald, big miss. Pretty sure they were linked to him in the lead up as well.

Hey all

We have one of the resident Bigfooty draft experts in PMBangers on the podcast this week!
We are having a Q&A section so get your draft (or GWS related?) questions in to me via DM or the thread here if you have something burning you want to ask.

Cut off is 4pm tomorrow!
Is there any bolters or sliders already happening from earlier in the season?

Is this the year to climb into the first round by using future picks or, as it always seems, next year's crop is shaping to be better?

Will either Davey attract a bid? How early? Same for Munkara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back