Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:

eDPS watched this game, Philipou struck me more as a movement style big body, similar to Josh Goater rather than an inside bull. Is that a fair reading or just didn’t show his full skillset that game.

Also do you think Barnett would be good Phillips replacement if we can’t get him to go around again?

eDPS watched this game, Philipou struck me more as a movement style big body, similar to Josh Goater rather than an inside bull. Is that a fair reading or just didn’t show his full skillset that game.

I haven’t seen the game yet but yeah Phillipou leans more to the outside than inside. Perhaps a bit like Langford both are 192cm run both ways and can mark overhead and hit the scoreboard

It reminds me of quarterbacks in the NFL.

Essentially you either draft them within the top 10 picks, or you draft/sign as many as possible and hope that one hits as a numbers game.

I suppose we are just hoping that 3-4 of those 9 hit and that is your spine set.
Yeah it is a bit like centers in the NBA. If they are the complete package, they go top 5. Otherwise there are plenty going late, in the hope for diamonds in the rough.

The top 4 teams found their's as diamonds in the rough.

Yeah it is a bit like centers in the NBA. If they are the complete package, they go top 5. Otherwise there are plenty going late, in the hope for diamonds in the rough.

The top 4 teams found their's as diamonds in the rough.
Yep, you can get the full picture just by looking at the MVP races of the last two years -

The reigning back-to-back MVP in Jokic was very much a diamond in the rough. He was quite literally drafted during a Taco Bell ad. His main competition for that award over the last two years in Embiid was the 3rd overall pick.

Like the idea. I would not have anyone over 24 off the table. However unless they want to leave I can not see us trading Merrett or Parish who would have the most value although I an not buying two first round picks for Parish. McGrath will stay and he is another they will not trade. Sadly I can see Munkara slipping out of our hands unless he moves into top 5 contention.
Think the most likely scenario with Parish is to leave next year as a free agent and we take the compo pick. I think that will only happen if next year is a bottom 6 finish also. McGrath shouldn't be on big money and i think his manager is obviously looking for it. If Saints or whoever want to give up a 1st round pick id take it. I think he's worth it as he's a good player, could be very good, hard worker and still has upside. Also happy for him to stay for the right money

Wouldn’t be doing much before the draft.

Ideal scenario for us is we take a top 5 selection then we buy into the draft above the Davey junior bid.

Hard to say what that would take if we don’t know where the bid will be but say it’s 15 I’d be hoping to bundle up the 2nd round pick with whatever else to buy pick 14 and then shrapnel to match bids.

I’ve made my peace with not getting Munkara, it would have been a handy bonus though.

Wouldn’t be doing much before the draft.

Ideal scenario for us is we take a top 5 selection then we buy into the draft above the Davey junior bid.

Hard to say what that would take if we don’t know where the bid will be but say it’s 15 I’d be hoping to bundle up the 2nd round pick with whatever else to buy pick 14 and then shrapnel to match bids.

I’ve made my peace with not getting Munkara, it would have been a handy bonus though.
What's the issue with taking Munkara at the pick before a Davey bid?

What's the issue with taking Munkara at the pick before a Davey bid?

Oh, nothing, if we deem him worthy, go for it, meant it more in the ‘not having match rights’ way, because we’d be approaching it differently.

We won't know exactly when that bid will come through?
Yeah but if we're live trading up above a Davey bid (let's say 2x seconds for say 14 and 50 for Geelong as things stand), why not take Munkara with said pick?

Yeah but if we're live trading up above a Davey bid (let's say 2x seconds for say 14 and 50 for Geelong as things stand), why not take Munkara with said pick?

It's a possibility, depends where Munkara & Davey end up sitting in the rankings I'd guess, a big champs could push Davey up the order too high to be able to trade up before it without using next years first.

It's a possibility, depends where Munkara & Davey end up sitting in the rankings I'd guess, a big champs could push Davey up the order too high to be able to trade up before it without using next years first.
If that were the case I'd trade 21 for a F2 and a 3rd when it does come in honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we do something a bit more creative than take ~ 3 at the draft, match Davey with our 2nd when he's bid on, and hope we have another pick or two before taking the other Davey.
I'd rather get another mid second for next year where we don't really have any father sons to match.

Watched a half of both trial games.

I will let my bias talk and say that Archer Reid and Zane Duursma are looking like great and unique prospects.

Reid is so coordinated and mobile for a 201cm 16-year-old. I think he might be a better prospect than Scully but I would need to see more of both.

Zane Duursma is already a high impact 188cm mid/forward always finds the ball forward of centre, kicks multiple goals regularly, has a nice 5 step burst. I really hope that he grows to 190cm+ and his move to the midfield works out.

Would be awesome to have another pick in the first round next year.
Is he the brother of Zach? Is he eligible this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back