Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Who trades back though
Cant see the blues going back. Saints will likely want to stay in mckenzie/tsatas range.
Maybe the cats?

Wouldnt be throwing that f2 on the table.
4 for 13, freo and dees f1.
22-> hawks for f2 if davey bid comes in.
F3 -> gcs for 45 to match the davey bid.
Why give up an F3 when we can get St Kilda or Carlton to do F2 and their pick in the 40's for 22?

They know their genuine midfield stars that the team is built on (oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw) are all top 5 picks. Viney was also rated around 5-10 but slid as a F/S. They want our pick 4 for top end talent. Dropping back to 13 is a huge ask as a lot of mids we like will be off the table by then
I’m hoping that if we do this deal, we also do F2 and 22 for the swans pick 14.

Pick 13 and 14 might be enough to sneak back into the top 10. Maybe Geelong or WCE would be interested.

I’m hoping that if we do this deal, we also do F2 and 22 for the swans pick 14.

Pick 13 and 14 might be enough to sneak back into the top 10. Maybe Geelong or WCE would be interested.
If we do that then we'd have traded:

4, 22 and F2 for a top 10 Pick and two teen F1's. Pass.

Why wouldn't Melbourne even ask Gold Coast?
They are the AFL draft pick and trade pushovers!
I don't buy that Gold Coast rate Humphrey over that deal. But even so, why wouldn't Melbourne even try? Doesn't make sense.
I think its more likely Melbourne want Tsatas or Phillipou.

If we do that then we'd have traded:

4, 22 and F2 for a top 10 Pick and two teen F1's. Pass.
I’m looking at this as potentially getting Phillipou with the top 10 pick, who we may have taken with 4 anyway. Then we’ve upgraded two second rounders to a pair of F1s.

I'd be pretty keen on a trade that works massively in our favour here. Not sure what, but I want one that is just way too good to be true to be put on the table.

That's all.
I think this is a really good scenario. Get it done jacketdawg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the failed trades for Dunkley or Brayshaw taught us anything clubs want multiple first round draft picks to even get a foot in the door.

Seems like we would be chasing our tails if we don't get Tsatas and Phillipou in now.

I don't know if Phillipou has good leadership qualities, but he talks extremely well in front of the media, and he's obviously got a lot of confidence. It hard to believe he's only 17. When was the last time we had someone with that kind of mixture of talent and confidence at the club?

Aside from that he's a point of difference for us in the midfield, as I don't think we should put all our eggs in the Setterfield basket and assume he's going to fix the midfield woes.

I don't know if Phillipou has good leadership qualities, but he talks extremely well in front of the media, and he's obviously got a lot of confidence. It hard to believe he's only 17. When was the last time we had someone with that kind of mixture of talent and confidence at the club?

Aside from that he's a point of difference for us in the midfield, as I don't think we should put all our eggs in the Setterfield basket and assume he's going to fix the midfield woes.

he might be the Lord Bendtner of AFL

Perkins?
Confidence and star factor aside, if mahoney has his fingerprints on this draft, expect us to target competitors.

Posted this in the tipping comp thread

1- cadman (gws)
2 - ashcroft (bris)
3 - wardlaw (nm)
4 - sheezel (nm)
5 - tsatas (melb - trade in with 13 + 2x f1)
6 - humphrey (gcs)
7 - phillipou (hawks)
8 - busslinger (cats)
9 - ginbey (wce)
10 - mckenzie (saints)
11 - hollands (carl)
12 - clark (dons - trade up from 22 plus f2)
13 - allen (wce)
14 - hewett (dons)
15 - fletcher (bris)
16 - jefferson (swans)
17 - clarke (gws)
18 - Hustwaite (pies)
19 - hayes (dogs - trade of ess pick 22 + dogs f2)
20 - kontstanty (gws)

Has us quite active and im starting to believe we may get spooked by a davey bid and take the dees deal then move 22 and f2 up ahead.

Clark v hollands at the blues pick i flipped around, but went runners rather than inside mids for them

Yes mate.
In Phillipou I see confidence, swagger but without arrogance, and signs of superstar attributes = influential leader.

We have only had a few of those guys in my time. Tim Watson, James Hird, Joe Misiti, Jobe Watson, Matthew Lloyd. Probably forgotten a couple.

That's what I want most. We won't go anywhere without an influential leader or two.

Posted this in the tipping comp thread

1- cadman (gws)
2 - ashcroft (bris)
3 - wardlaw (nm)
4 - sheezel (nm)
5 - tsatas (melb - trade in with 13 + 2x f1)
6 - humphrey (gcs)
7 - phillipou (hawks)
8 - busslinger (cats)
9 - ginbey (wce)
10 - mckenzie (saints)
11 - hollands (carl)
12 - clark (dons - trade up from 22 plus f2)
13 - allen (wce)
14 - hewett (dons)
15 - fletcher (bris)
16 - jefferson (swans)
17 - clarke (gws)
18 - Hustwaite (pies)
19 - hayes (dogs - trade of ess pick 22 + dogs f2)
20 - kontstanty (gws)

Has us quite active and im starting to believe we may get spooked by a davey bid and take the dees deal then move 22 and f2 up ahead.

Clark v hollands at the blues pick i flipped around, but went runners rather than inside mids for them
I'd be shocked if the Dogs did that trade.

Also their F2 is at Hawthorne

Why wouldn't Melbourne even ask Gold Coast?
They are the AFL draft pick and trade pushovers!
I don't buy that Gold Coast rate Humphrey over that deal. But even so, why wouldn't Melbourne even try? Doesn't make sense.
I think its more likely Melbourne want Tsatas or Phillipou.
If wager they want tsatas.
Perfect compliment to that midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back