Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
We were never getting Lynch. Never. Why would he go to Essendon when Richmond were able to offer more money and were the best team in the country?
More that we needed a forward. If not lynch but the need was there even with daniher.
And a mature chf option still is.
Jones has had a couple of long term injuries now and baldwin is coming from a ways back

None of the other draft watchers have Davey going anywhere near the first round.
eDPS has very strong form when it comes to the draft. No one gets them all correct but he has been right a lot more than he has been wrong and he does watch most of the under 18 footy. He just does not post it on BF anymore.

eDPS has very strong form when it comes to the draft. No one gets them all correct but he has been right a lot more than he has been wrong and he does watch most of the under 18 footy. He just does not post it on BF anymore.
Definitely not having a go at eDPS. But I would be interested to know why the other draft watchers have him so low.

The bizarre thing is that all the AFL needed to do was reduce the discounts. That way clubs still get players they've invested time and money in but they pay fair value.

Zero discount for top 10. 10 per cent discount for 10-20 and 15 per cent for 20-40.
That’s nothing. Should be no discount at all. If anything top 10 should have loading if you’re allowing a club like the dogs to get the no.1 pick.

What does everyone think we would get for our 2nd + F2?
It would be nice to get a 1st + some junk to use on the 2nd Davey twin.
assume it's 21 and maybe a small uptick next year, so mid 20s.
probably buys you points for around pick 8-10. but if there isn't a bid consideration, then you're trying to sell a club on 2 later bites > 1 earlier.

Maybe the Swans move their pick and hold the Dees one for such a deal? they're better at identifying and developing that later talent as it is.
So we might get something in the realm of 10-13. Might be one to consider on draft night if a Davey bid hasn't come in yet.

Forgive my naivety, but why would we not take 2 picks on the MSD? If one/both are no good, can’t we just cut him/them at the end of the season? I feel like I’m missing something. Are these not just a free shot..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgive my naivety, but why would we not take 2 picks on the MSD? If one/both are no good, can’t we just cut him/them at the end of the season? I feel like I’m missing something. Are these not just a free shot..?
I think they would be automatically signed for next year too which would mean we would have more players to delist

Players can nominate whether their contract is 6 months or 18 months. If you are confident of being picked up, you nominate 18 months whereas I would think most would nominate 6 months to hope they get on a list.

I think they would be automatically signed for next year too which would mean we would have more players to delist
If we take two we’d have to make another 5 list changes to take four players in the end of season draft. Hurley is one but I can’t see where the others come from. Smith and Shiel are contracted. Francis, Culter, Waterman? Maybe down grade Brand and Eyre but both have shown enough to think they'ed get pinched.

They’re either 18 or 6 month contracts I think at club discretion so if someone needs a stop gap (a ruckman for example) they can just delist them at the end of the year no harm no foul.

For our purposes I would suspect we’re drafting more long term prospects so we would give them 18 month deals as we did with Duz.

I think Max Pescud would be a good option.

He plays more medium than small, like Waterman. Don't really think it's a need.
If we take two we’d have to make another 5 list changes to take four players in the end of season draft. Hurley is one but I can’t see where the others come from. Smith and Shiel are contracted. Francis, Culter, Waterman? Maybe down grade Brand and Eyre but both have shown enough to think they'ed get pinched.
Hurley, Heppell, can't see Shiel staying, Francis, Cutler, Ham, Phillips (potentially retire) all possibilities to come off the senior list at the end of the year.

He plays more medium than small, like Waterman. Don't really think it's a need.

Hurley, Heppell, can't see Shiel staying, Francis, Cutler, Ham, Phillips (potentially retire) all possibilities to come off the senior list at the end of the year.
Pescud 100% plays as a small and is far quicker and fitter than Waterman

It’s a long way off but any teams currently sitting with 2x first rounders? Just wondering what a trade back option could look like to palm off our 2nd rounder and get another pick in before Davey bid. Seems a few likely prospects that would be very handy currently sitting outside the top 3

(Edit) disregard found it

My impression is that the four most likely options we could pick are Culley, Carmichael, D'Ambrosio and Derksen.

Just my impression from where the pre-draft hype is and also the Derksen connection to Essendon makes it more likely.

My impression is that the four most likely options we could pick are Culley, Carmichael, D'Ambrosio and Derksen.

Just my impression from where the pre-draft hype is and also the Derksen connection to Essendon makes it more likely.
Derksen would be a bizarre pick for us.

We have so many speculative talls on the roster, if we were to add another tall I would have thought it would have to be a top 5 pick level talent.

Culley is so blatantly what we need I would be so disappointed if we didn't take him if he was there. I wonder if Norf might look at Derksen as they need some talented KPP players.

Derksen would be a bizarre pick for us.

We have so many speculative talls on the roster, if we were to add another tall I would have thought it would have to be a top 5 pick level talent.

Culley is so blatantly what we need I would be so disappointed if we didn't take him if he was there. I wonder if Norf might look at Derksen as they need some talented KPP players.
I think the amount of games being played by speculative talls is a reason why he might be picked up. He would be competing with Baldwin for games in the second half of the year and I would expect him to get a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back