Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty sure they weren't promoting anyone so they could either match for Munkara or Cat B him if no bid and instead waited until after the draft and upgraded Martin. No picks tomorrow but 1 or 2 picks between the PSD or the MSD.
Again. Promoting Martin before the draft wouldn't have affected whether or not we could have matched Munkara.

It wasn't aggressive at all.
🤣 Maybe it wasn't meant that way, but when you're flat out dismissing anything that contradicts your opinion it reads like it. It is occasionally hilarious though, when you're telling everyone something is impossible... and then it happens.

We havent said much about munkara on the socials.
Are there formalities to go through?
Yeah there'd be some sort of mechanism. I don't think we need to do anymore paperwork as we already did the nomination paperwork, and it's automatic if they fall through the draft after that under the NGA rule.

Probably the AFL will confirm it via tweet or something similar tomorrow morning. Pretty sure that's what they did last year

Dodoro even thinks Alwyn could feature at AFL level as soon as next season.

“Alwyn’s already played VFL football for us before this year, and he acquitted himself quite well, so we think he can make the step up.

“Jayden probably won’t play next year, so we’ll rehab him the entire year… the plan is to put him on the long-term injury list as soon as possible and get him right.”

Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro confirmed the news at Marvel Stadium on Tuesday night.

“Anthony Munkara will be coming on-board as a Category-B (rookie),” he told media.

“He’s an Essendon player as of tonight.

“He’s a hugely talented young man from the Tiwi Islands, part of our Academy and we’re looking forward to bringing him down tomorrow with the Davey boys.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, not much written on the socials or whatever, and it's not entirely clear...what time is the PSD/rookie draft and do we have a pick in it?
3pm. Not sure, we have an extra list spot that we need to fill to reach the minimum but not sure whether we need to fill it now or can fill it with a SPP spot later.

Unless we've done a sneaky rookie upgrade, our Cat A rookie list is full so no pick on rookie draft. I suspect we will pick one player in the PSD to bring our main list up to the 36 minimum, and then once Jayden is on the LTI, we will have another selection up our sleeve next year.

Unless we've done a sneaky rookie upgrade, our Cat A rookie list is full so no pick on rookie draft. I suspect we will pick one player in the PSD to bring our main list up to the 36 minimum, and then once Jayden is on the LTI, we will have another selection up our sleeve next year.

Seems right, then Eyre will work for that last extra spot over summer.

I read somewhere that Jayden Davey will go straight on the LTI.

Where does that leave us in regards to list spots? One for SSP and one for Mid Season?

I read somewhere that Jayden Davey will go straight on the LTI.

Where does that leave us in regards to list spots? One for SSP and one for Mid Season?
It's not confirmed whether or not we have 36 on the senior list yet so we might have to take someone in the PSD. If we do have 36, then we can use the two spots in the SSP or MSD, doesn't have to be one of each.

So the outlook for today is one PSD pick.

We may be be only club selecting in it. Hopefully we can take Szybkowski.

Does anyone know whether we can draft an 18yo in the PSD to a one year deal instead of the draftee contract provided they agree?

So the outlook for today is one PSD pick.

We may be be only club selecting in it. Hopefully we can take Szybkowski.

Does anyone know whether we can draft an 18yo in the PSD to a one year deal instead of the draftee contract provided they agree?
Yes. Once you exit the ND it's one year contracts I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back