Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Barring Daicos not only does he look the premier run, carry and spread midfielder of this draft, but the draft before that and the draft before that too.

Sometimes I’m not convinced anyone actually watches us play.
Yep he's going to be elite.

But we shouldn't pick him because Shiel is 30 next season and Parish is a RFA we have players just like him he'll play with for 1-3 seasons a long time.

I'll laugh if he slides to Geelong's pick and they snap him up straight away over "selwood 2.0" Also a premptive go * yourselves to the gold coast list management team if that happens.

Who else has a bad feeling that we are going to pass on Pou, and that his going to make us live to regret it ?
Agents Of Shield Yes GIF by ABC Network

Who else has a bad feeling that we are going to pass on Pou, and that his going to make us live to regret it ?
I'll back whichever guy we pick. Phillipou might be a jet but Tsatas has been consistently top 5 all year. There's a reason for that.

I had a dream, that we select Phillipou at 4, Hewett fell to our pick 22, A.Davey gets bided on after pick 30, Munkara gets to us after pick 40, J.Davey gets to us in the rookie draft. 2023 draft, Parish leaves and gets us first round compensation. We select Harley Reid and Watson. 2024 we repeat history with another baby bombers flag triumph 🥹. Then I wake up.

Last edited:
Overlooking tsatas would be like the mccluggage scenario tbh
Tbf, I’d doubt whoever we select goes outside the top 10 when it’s all said and done with this draft class. The McGrath-McCluggage scenario worked out horribly, McGrath might not even be top 20 (maybe he is) but Mccluggage has justified where he was selected.

Tbf, I’d doubt whoever we select goes outside the top 10 when it’s all said and done with this draft class. The McGrath-McCluggage scenario worked out horribly, McGrath might not even be top 20 (maybe he is) but Mccluggage has justified where he was selected.
McGrath is still easily top 20 of that draft. Might not be top 20? Get a grip. Only guys I can see that are definitely ahead are Taranto, Club, Berry, Bolton, Darcy and Ridley. You could make arguments for Simpkin, English, Cox and Ryan but he's better than the rest. He's still probably top 10 as I have him ahead of all four of those but that's hyperbole at its worst.

Tsatas actually averages more marks per game this year than Phillipou, and without having watched every game it’s likely to be based purely on workrate and spread, something that our midfield group absolutely ****ing stinks at as well.

He fills a different need to Phillipou in a different way. You pair him with an inside player in the second round and it’s absolutely happy days.

Barring Daicos not only does he look the premier run, carry and spread midfielder of this draft, but the draft before that and the draft before that too.

Sometimes I’m not convinced anyone actually watches us play.
Sometimes I am convinced people actually watch but need glasses to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll back whichever guy we pick. Phillipou might be a jet but Tsatas has been consistently top 5 all year. There's a reason for that.
He has not played so people have not had exposure to his flaws ?

He has not played so people have not had exposure to his flaws ?
A dominant balanced midfielder who is a fantastic kick.

McGrath is still easily top 20 of that draft. Might not be top 20? Get a grip. Only guys I can see that are definitely ahead are Taranto, Club, Berry, Bolton, Darcy and Ridley. You could make arguments for Simpkin, English, Cox and Ryan but he's better than the rest. He's still probably top 10 as I have him ahead of all four of those but that's hyperbole at its worst.
Tom Stewart goes alright.

Mcgrath has definitely justified where he was picked. He has just been messed around with his development the last couple years, he was on track to go close to winning the bnf in 2020 before he hurt his ankle. Won the rising star and made 4 straight under 22 teams.

A dominant balanced midfielder who is a fantastic kick.
Actually he is not a great kick. He is an okay kick.
Is not a balanced midfielder either as he does not have a physical game. Does not defend. Does not tackle.
Have watched him at every chance I have had including live games as he was rated top 5 at the start of the year.
What he does do well is read the ball of the hand and gets going early and he has good speed.
His last game against Country he had one of the worst work rates I have seen and his physical presence was Cutler level.

Is not a balanced midfielder either as he does not have a physical game. Does not defend. Does not tackle.
Have watched him at every chance I have had including live games as he was rated top 5 at the start of the year.
What he does do well is read the ball of the hand and gets going early and he has good speed.
His last game against Country he had one of the worst work rates I have seen and his physical presence was Cutler level.
and he doesn’t like pizza!!!

I get that you're not a fan. However I back guys like eDPS, PMBangers, Cal Twomey and many others in their assessment about him.

I'm a Tsatas fan and it would pain me to see him dominate for the piss and poo if we passed on him. I'll back RFK in, whichever of Tsatas or Phillipou he picks.

and he doesn’t like pizza!!!
Couldn't care less about that.
The kid is an offensive jet. No doubt about it but he has some boxes he does not tick .
If we draft him we should get a good player and I have no issues but I until I see him step up physically I will have doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back