Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Fortunately Melbourne / Mahoney has a reasonable track record for doing this sort of thing well.
In that scenario, I would fancy getting

Pick 5 - Wardlaw/Hewett/Scully/Lemmey
Pick 11-15 - Brayden George (I'm big for this kid)
Alwyn Davey bid in the top 25.

In that scenario, I would fancy getting

Pick 5 - Wardlaw/Hewett/Scully/Lemmey
Pick 11-15 - Brayden George (I'm big for this kid)
Alwyn Davey bid in the top 25.
Wardlaw is going the first or second open pick. Nothing surer.

Nothing is sure until the u18 national Champs are played.

Apparently Ashcroft may not choose to go to Brisbane, and what if Lemmey or Scully kicks 5 a game in the Champs? You reckon Norf or the Eagles would pass on them?

He may well be the front runner, but nothing is sure.

Don’t think it’s a given at this stage. See how he performs at the champs first, hasnt set the world on fire to start the year. If Eagles finish bottom and take tsatas, I don’t think north would take wardlaw, they don’t really need another of his type.

Nothing is sure until the u18 national Champs are played.

Apparently Ashcroft may not choose to go to Brisbane, and what if Lemmey or Scully kicks 5 a game in the Champs? You reckon Norf or the Eagles would pass on them?

He may well be the front runner, but nothing is sure.
Ashcroft has played the last 2 games for Brisbane in the VFL. Can't believe we haven't tried to get Alwyn junior to do the same for us. As far as Lemmey and Scully go, North have a glut of key forwards anyway.

But yeah, fair point re: Champs

Ashcroft has played the last 2 games for Brisbane in the VFL. Can't believe we haven't tried to get Alwyn junior to do the same for us. As far as Lemmey and Scully go, North have a glut of key forwards anyway.

Have you seen our VFL side? Not sure we'd want him exposed to that, he might un-nominate as a F/S

Larkey, Zurhaar and Coleman-Jones aren't stopping me from drafting a KPF over a midfielder at pick 2 if the talents are comparable.

Remember they already have JHF (pick 1), Phillips (pick 3), LDU (pick 3), Thomas (pick 8) and Powell (pick 13) as recent high midfield picks. I would suggest they are lacking desperately for speed and skill and some high end KPPs over another inside midfielder.

Have you seen our VFL side? Not sure we'd want him exposed to that, he might un-nominate as a F/S
He would get to play with his best mate Tex though!

Larkey, Zurhaar and Coleman-Jones aren't stopping me from drafting a KPF over a midfielder at pick 2 if the talents are comparable.

Remember they already have JHF (pick 1), Phillips (pick 3), LDU (pick 3) and Thomas (pick 8) as recent high midfield picks. I would suggest they are lacking desperately for speed and skill and some high end KPPs over another inside midfielder.
Thank christ they took Phillips actually, saved us from picking him. Also Thomas for me is more outside than inside.

They desperately need a key defender more than forward. They have McKay and... Yeah.

Alwyn playing school footy, Xavier would want to get their worth from his scholarship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS if we had whatever picks we needed, which 5 players in this crop do you think would best suit our list needs? (So not just the top 5 best available.)
Luckily our two father-son prospects Alwyn and Jayden offer plenty to the list. I don’t think anymore talls are the way to go unless they are a tall inside mid but it’s certainly an area of the draft that’s weak this year. In terms of improving the contested side of the list in general the likes of Wardlaw and Ashcroft at the top end and further down the line like Clark, Hewett and Szybkowski all fit well.

I like Kobe Ryan as he could potentially play a few roles but he is just a natural footballer who earns heaps of free kicks by just getting his head over the ball. Later in the draft players like D’Aloia and Bevan are big bodied mids although neither have much explosiveness or impact on the outside but as pure first possession winners they go their job week in and week out.

Luckily our two father-son prospects Alwyn and Jayden offer plenty to the list. I don’t think anymore talls are the way to go unless they are a tall inside mid but it’s certainly an area of the draft that’s weak this year. In terms of improving the contested side of the list in general the likes of Wardlaw and Ashcroft at the top end and further down the line like Clark, Hewett and Szybkowski all fit well.

I like Kobe Ryan as he could potentially play a few roles but he is just a natural footballer who earns heaps of free kicks by just getting his head over the ball. Later in the draft players like D’Aloia and Bevan are big bodied mids although neither have much explosiveness or impact on the outside but as pure first possession winners they go their job week in and week out.
Any particular games we should watch that would feature a few of those? (Either replays or scheduled games... maybe Champs?)

We have a MSD spot now. Who do we want and why is it Jai Culley or Josh Carmichael eDPS?
I haven’t seen Carmichael yet but plan to soon but Culley is just about the best fit I’ve ever seen 😂 if he is available and bombers pass on him it will be very obvious the club has no idea what the list really needs

Well this Saturday the AFL academy play against Pies VFL, very likely to see someone in that game that ends up at bombers first pick. Alwyn Jr and Munkara also playing is a bonus.
Have you started a rumour that Munkara has OP yet? Don't like our chances of him sliding to 40.

Rumours abound that Cox is out for the season. No details and no confirmation unless you count Tom Browne, whom Ethan rates, and in this case he's reporting not speculating anyway so... I guess we'll see soon enough.
Big question marks over Hurley and Walla too.

Still got 2 rounds to go to the cut off and whilst you don't hope people get injured, it is still a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back