Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

#24.png

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder if blicavs is the blueprint for this cox experiment.

On duncan, smith and guthrie - they get those marks by running hard to good spots and their teammates not ballsing up the pass.
But its a fair point. Martin and Langford are the only two marking mids we have
Durham is strong overhead.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Yes, let's be scared that the bigger inside mid is available. West Coast will go Tsatas or Wardlaw (fingers crossed it's Wardlaw) and we'll get the other one. Nothing surer for me.
Whilst he is the tallest midfielder of the lot, he would probably be the least physical in the contest. Let's not even get into the defensive concerns outlined by ant555 and others.

He is a good clearance mid because of his speed and burst, but labelling him an 'inside' mid is probably innacurate. He is more Mitch Duncan than Dustin Martin if that makes sense (of players who are similar heights).

Wonder if they go tsatas because of wardlaws injuries
It would be interesting if North go one of the midfielders. Not what they need but I really can't see West Coast going Sheezel or Cadman and it means the other will fall to us.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
It would be interesting if North go one of the midfielders. Not what they need but I really can't see West Coast going Sheezel or Cadman and it means the other will fall to us.
I feel it would phillips over mcdonald again
Also wonder if they split the pick given their compo wasnt great.

I feel it would phillips over mcdonald again
Also wonder if they split the pick given their compo wasnt great.
Again, McDonald wasn't the pick, despite popular belief. The pick was DGB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder if blicavs is the blueprint for this cox experiment.

On duncan, smith and guthrie - they get those marks by running hard to good spots and their teammates not ballsing up the pass.
But its a fair point. Martin and Langford are the only two marking mids we have

Cox is probably the player with an athletic profile most similar to Blicavs in the AFL.

Geelong had a much better system to develop Blicavs in though where even though he played everywhere, it was off the back of clearly defined roles already in place, whereas we probably need to settle Cox in to a role he's familiar with as a KPD and build him up that way.

Blicavs basically started every centre bounce as a midfielder or ruckman, amazing progression from where he started and now he's simply too big for most players to handle in the middle, and too mobile for ruckmen to go with.

Dons4Life

Senior List
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If we could somehow manage to get the bowes deal done with GC, we will be in a great spot.
Take the last of the big 5 (would love Wardlaw for his hard edge and defensive pressure/2 way running), then take a taller mid Phillipou, Mackenzie etc. to go with Bowes.
Puts the midfield balance in a much better spot and then look to go big next year on a McKay, Ben King etc to compliment 2MP and Jones

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Every year there is talk of being open to offers for the number 1. Never happens. By open to offers they usually mean something like 3 top 10 picks and a star player. Then sit back and say the right offer just didn't come.
If the team with pick 1 sees the top 5 as fairly even, I reckon they’d happily slide back a little for an extra pick.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back