AFL RDT (AFL DT) - My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_4170.JPG
IMG_4171.JPG

Only way to get rid of two on field rookies was to do Gawn to Draper (mcevoy an option as well)...I hate not having Gawn though...

Other option is Draper to hunter and field Flynn. Can then do Rowell to gaff. Having Flynn had R2 would be huge risk as it would be impossible to recover for weeks if he’s dropped or injured.

Final option is getting Gawn back and fielding 6 on-field rookies

so this is what i've got so far: (subject to change)

D - Lloyd, Laird, Duggan, Harmes, H.Young, Cox, [Koschitzke, Highmore]
M - Neale(c), Macrae, J.Kelly, Walsh, Rowell, Heppell, Bruhn, Powell, [Jordan, Brockman, Scott]
R - Grundy(vc), Flynn, [Meek]
F - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Martin, Ziebell, Campbell, Warner, [Bergman, Rowe}
(25k leftover)

- managed to get at least 1 player from every team... a silly thing i like to achieve
- saving money in the rucks... i think Flynn/Meek are above average - will hopefully trade my way up to Gawn midseason
- spent the big bucks on Neale... will hopefully be a regular captain
- some others on my shortlist were Z.Williams, T.Phillips, J.Clark, Taranto, Gulden, L.Jones, Downie (not selected in HAW lineup)

Last edited:

View attachment 1081222
View attachment 1081223

Only way to get rid of two on field rookies was to do Gawn to Draper (mcevoy an option as well)...I hate not having Gawn though...

Other option is Draper to hunter and field Flynn. Can then do Rowell to gaff. Having Flynn had R2 would be huge risk as it would be impossible to recover for weeks if he’s dropped or injured.

Please go Gawn to Hunter like me! Will make me feel a lot better about the rookie R2 strategy.

Seriously though, I think what you have now is the safest option. At least you didn’t start that dud Grundy. Witts will be good and so will Draper. I would have started those 2 if I could turn back time.

Last edited:
Please go Gawn to Hunter like me! Will make me feel a lot better about the rookie R2 strategy.

Seriously though, I think what you have now is the safest option. At least you didn’t start that dud Grundy. Witts will be good and so will Draper. I would have started those 2 if I could turn back time.

I've got Witts and I've seen enough of Big Boy to bring him into R2 next round

View attachment 1081222
View attachment 1081223

Aiden Fyfe joins the WTF crew with Jack Buckley of GWS

I've got Witts and I've seen enough of Big Boy to bring him into R2 next round

my current rucks: Grundy/Flynn/Meek

now, i'm actually thinking of swapping J.Kelly -> T.Green before GWS lockout (which won't cost me a trade)
that would give me the money to upgrade Meek -> McEvoy (a suitable R2, who would eventually become D6 by season's end)

if i do Kelly -> Green now it pretty much saves me a trade

my current rucks: Grundy/Flynn/Meek

now, i'm actually thinking of swapping J.Kelly -> T.Green before GWS lockout (which won't cost me a trade)
that would give me the money to upgrade Meek -> McEvoy (a suitable R2, who would eventually become D6 by season's end)

if i do Kelly -> Green now it pretty much saves me a trade

What about Kelly to Drew

I'm also doing Meek to BB this week or next

What about Kelly to Drew

I'm also doing Meek to BB this week or next

i don't like Drew's JS... but he's certainly outperformed T.Green

looks like my strategy has backfired !!
Flynn(R2) looks competent, and now i have T.Green (who needs to be upgraded... which is a waste of a future trade) + 371k unused in the bank
also missed out on the service of J.Kelly
and i doubt i'll ever be getting McEvoy now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back