AFL Evo commentary lines – list 'em

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
The weird, the funny, the downright annoying. I wanna hear them all, because there might be a few I've missed.

Ones I hear ~20 times a game
  • "That contest was like synchronised swimming... without the peg"
  • "Thumps the pigskin!"
And plenty more I can't think of right now. Then there's that weird one you occasionally hear Richo says about someone "putting fire under my butt". And all his kooky Instagram motivational quotes that he says at the start of each quarter.

The weirdest one I've heard so far that actually made me chuckle was said randomly in the third quarter of a career mode game I just played. Dennis – "get that weak shitake mushrooms out of here!"

So yeah... what are your favourites?

I like how Dennis still endlessly repeats the same lines he did 10+ years ago.

"Casanova would be jealous of that pick-up!"

"That play was about as high-tech as a campfire!"

"More bounce than a dodgy cheque!"

Last edited:
I just think when something happens, like a speccie, and Richo's monotone voice reacts to it is pretty cringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the part where Dennis calls Jaeger O'Meara, "O'Mara".

Like seriously Dennis, when you were doing the recording's for this game & they gave you a sheet with names to say, "O'Mara" didn't trigger warning bells. I'd expect this of BT considering he knows none of the players, but surely Dennis should have realised.

its not that far removed from regular commentary in a real game, with all the witty lines included...

it's not fully intuitive, but it's not bad, it's pretty good..
C'mon mate. Its horrible. By far sounds are the worst part of this game.

Like seriously Dennis, when you were doing the recording's for this game & they gave you a sheet with names to say, "O'Mara" didn't trigger warning bells. I'd expect this of BT considering he knows none of the players, but surely Dennis should have realised.
He pronounces Blicavs really weird too.

Richo pronounces it correctly strangely enough.

I'd imagine the O'Meara/O'Mara thing simply is there being a recording for both names and Dennis has been coded to use the wrong one for O'Meara. A simple programming mistake, not Dennis saying the name wrong.

I'd imagine the O'Meara/O'Mara thing simply is there being a recording for both names and Dennis has been coded to use the wrong one for O'Meara. A simple programming mistake, not Dennis saying the name wrong.

Is there even an O'Mara playing afl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back