Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a couple of games of evonlast night and it wasn’t as bad as I remembered. There’s still a fair few things that keep it from being enjoyable though.l so I’d still have it behind Live one.

The rough floaty physics and unresponsive controls are still annoying.

It’s seems overly difficult to hold onto possession. The ground is all loose pairs of one on ones so it’s hard to find a spare man and then kick to the spare man it’s hard to get the power right, it’s hard to get the leading player in the right position then it’s hard to get the mark timing right. What ends up happening is too many kicks are either not to advantage or it too adavanteage and the player drops it anyways.

Trying to create a handball chain is the absolute ducking worst. 50% of hanballs are probably going to be intercepted the rest won’t go to the adavatage of your player and will ruin your momentum. Players always seem to run in positions where they can get intercepted and when an intercepting player comes at them players make no effort to contest.

Then the game is too much like ping pong, players don’t flood the ball so there really isn’t too much contested play. AFL Live one’s overpowered tackling balanced the issue out but Evondoesnt have a mechanic to balance it out so the game ends up feeling more like basketball then AFL at times.

The thing that gives me hope for the new game is most of my issues are fixable. The only thing that probably isn’t fixable is the floaty engine and the controls.

The game still hasn't even made an appearance or been rated on the Classifications Board yet. Still a while away i'd imagine
I'd hold off the game until Feb-March 2020. That way they get 2 months to make the 2020 lists. The rookies don't get scanned anyway.

I'd hold off the game until Feb-March 2020. That way they get 2 months to make the 2020 lists. The rookies don't get scanned anyway.

Not a bad call. If it's not ready by June, hold it off until next year I say. No point releasing after the season has ended, unless they release during finals fever like they did with Live 2.

This game had better include correct lists for WAFL and SANFL teams this time
It won't. The best you will get is depth players for the AFL reserves sides.

This game had better include correct lists for WAFL and SANFL teams this time

Would cost them too much for licencing sadly. Better that money gets invested in gameplay. They probably just rely on the die-hards to create the state team squads via the Fanhub and fill them in there.

Afl Live 1 from 2011 or whenever is so superior to this. That was a really solid base to build the game from despite pace being negligible. They really cooked it by releasing that hack afl live 2 game and evo is very similar to that. They should use afl live 1 as the building block.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as there isn’t anymore ridiculous scores when doing the coach career mode and skipping through a match.

Afl Live 1 from 2011 or whenever is so superior to this. That was a really solid base to build the game from despite pace being negligible. They really cooked it by releasing that hack afl live 2 game and evo is very similar to that. They should use afl live 1 as the building block.

How can it be superior to AFL Evolution 2 when no one has seen anything bar a few screenshots???? ;)

The reason Live 2 and Evo are similar is because that's when Wicked Witch took over. Big Ant only made the original, Live 1, which is the one that would have been a solid base to build from.

I'd be guessing June myself. And two weeks notice absolute maximum. Cautiously optimistic about the new AI Wicked Witch are introducing but as we know, the first truly great AFL game won't happen until the Commission takes gaming seriously. We'd be lucky if that was ten years away.

ps Why isn't this thread in the AFL game sub?

I'd be guessing June myself. And two weeks notice absolute maximum. Cautiously optimistic about the new AI Wicked Witch are introducing but as we know, the first truly great AFL game won't happen until the Commission takes gaming seriously. We'd be lucky if that was ten years away.

More exposure.

It will be late June/ early July at absolute best as it stands now.

Until AFL are actually serious about the game instead of nitpicking stupid s**t within a game preventing the people working on it to get the best out of it, we'll have leadups with very little to show. 🤐
e8d556e89e4156b12fc7d2f7a20caa61.png

Think you are overhyping it, but yes, the core gameplay mechanics were good. Just a good, simple and well crafted AFL game.
Let's be honest, Evolution was a big upgrade on AFL Live 2, for those who actually remember playing those games. Different engines.

Think you are overhyping it, but yes, the core gameplay mechanics were good. Just a good, simple and well crafted AFL game.
Let's be honest, Evolution was a big upgrade on AFL Live 2, for those who actually remember playing those games. Different engines.
The player ai set up in Live 2 and Evo is just one on one's and the player movement is floaty, clunky and ungrounded. Gotta do everything within that balance sheet. No need for that game analysis, one on one's is easier and cheaper to throw together.

Major problem with this game not being released at the start of the season is a lot of the hype about footy is gone. By the time it comes out half a dozen sides seasons could be potentially done and with the world cup and ashes on at the same time makes it difficult.

They've always done it this way, the recent games April - midyear and I'm pretty sure a lot of the earlier ps1/ps2 games were either during the finals, September, or after the season all together.

Maybe they just don't have the resources to finish it with the draft and trading in November which is a shame cause from a sales perspective releasing it right on round one or even during the preseason games would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back