Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like some of those new animations. The player models look great. There's clearly been attention to detail, even replicating the way each individual jumbotron looks at each venue.

I always go into these games with less expectation than something from EA or 2K. Doesn't mean I'm not excited.

Bring on April 16!

Eventhough the graphics look the same, i reckon it still has a lot more detail and will be fun to play. New celebrations, cutscenes and animations look great

Ball drop on the Bulldogs player looks horrid. The way the ball is just glued to Cripps' hand while he's evading looks terrible too.

This is the thing though – and I am certainly not a TruBlu sycophant by any means; I was critical of most everything pre-Evo, which wasn't amazing either – but because of the lack of gameplay videos and how close the trailer drops to the actual release date, everyone analyses this 90-second video, frame-by-frame, to the nth degree. It's to everyone's detriment. No one is looking at that stuff while they're actually playing the game.

Btw – Jared Brennan could grip the ball like that ;)

Yeah not really sure what people are expecting a company like Wicked Witch to do with the budget they have
If the actual gameplay is good and you can actually use tactics, then the ball sticking to someone’s hands during a fend off really isn’t that bad.

Overall the graphics have clearly improved and some new animations look nice
(Inb4 “they’ve upgraded from ps2 to ps3 graphics”)

Old habits die hard. The kicking animations have always been horrible with wicked witch but I doubt they spent their time worrying about that when there was bigger issues to focus on
It’s also something that can improve over time with their patches so hopefully the gameplay stands up well and future patches can make it look just that little bit nicer and more fluent

Forgive me if this has already been announced, but are there going to be more face scans than the previous edition?

Jeez the Instagram/Twitter comments are just savage. I feel for the devs. They are on a hiding to nothing from the moment the game is announced.

Casual gamers will never be happy unless it’s announced that EA or 2K are developing it, which is ironic considering how thieving those two companies are with microtransactions and how much s**t they cop for their flagship games. Yet they’re held up as this bastion of greatness by Aussie nuffies.

You pay peanuts you get peanuts. Dunno what people are really expecting.

Jeez the Instagram/Twitter comments are just savage. I feel for the devs. They are on a hiding to nothing from the moment the game is announced.

Casual gamers will never be happy unless it’s announced that EA or 2K are developing it, which is ironic considering how thieving those two companies are with microtransactions and how much s**t they cop for their flagship games. Yet they’re held up as this bastion of greatness by Aussie nuffies.

You pay peanuts you get peanuts. Dunno what people are really expecting.
One of the few with some common sense 🙌🏼
I personally think we need to take a step back and wait for some gameplay to surface.
They seem pretty confident this time around

The Cripps holding the footy while fending off looked a bit weird but it looked more natural in the follow up one with Oliver.

Doesn't look too bad from the trailer IMO, really keen to see the gameplay.

I do hope they add more marking animations through updates though, that's one area that definitely needs variety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The animations look exactly the same as Evolution 1. It looks like (from the snippets) it will play exactly the same as the previous game. You can't even tell its a new engine.
Some of the players look good. Dusty looks like he did 10 years ago, but with tattoos and Gresham is whiter than Gary Ablett Jnr lol. I hope it plays well, but with the shitty canned animations I think it's not going to offer an experience much better than the last few games. I think Evolution is the best out of the lot, but it's not saying much.

My only hope is that you aren't constantly kicking to one on ones or packs. Would be great to switch the play and open up space on a wing. Can't see that happening though....

A few too many speckies in that trailer. Hope they are as regular in the game as they are in real life.
i feel like on AFL Live we could kinda have different playstyles its why it was my fave AFL game but year evo 1 deffs only had the 1 play and that was kick it to a pack or one on ones

I don't care if it's the same graphics, just change up the game mechanics and how we play the actual game.

Heck, at this point I wouldn't even care that much about face scans. But they need that as that's probably a major selling point for some and is a quick win for the company.

Trailer looks really good, some definite positive signs that's for sure. Graphics have definitely gotten better, so have player models and it seems like most players in the game will have them now. Animations look better and the new pre-game stuff looks amazing. Really excited for this game.

The Cripps holding the footy while fending off looked a bit weird but it looked more natural in the follow up one with Oliver.

Doesn't look too bad from the trailer IMO, really keen to see the gameplay.

I do hope they add more marking animations through updates though, that's one area that definitely needs variety.
Just looks like concept art to me ;)

Gee whiz this looks putrid. A quick look around social media comments sections and it’s not being received very well.

On the plus side at least we’ll have something wipe our ass with when we run out of toilet paper.

Bizarrely, AFL Wii had the option to select the size of the crowd from a Sellout, A Medium Crowd, A low crowd and No Crowd. I've never seen a feature like that in a sports game before or since. Wouldn't mind seeing that be an option in more games but I see why a lot of games don't have it, It's a feature barely any people would use.

It's not a option to choose from, but in the NBA 2K GM mode if you set your ticket prices ridiculously high, have a s**t team or setup an expansion in an ill-advised market you can definitely notice in game that the crowd isn't full.

Setting up a team in Alaska is great for this. I always make an Anchorage team, and even when we make the playoffs and have cheap tickets we can't get a sellout :tearsofjoy:

Gee whiz this looks putrid. A quick look around social media comments sections and it’s not being received very well.

On the plus side at least we’ll have something wipe our ass with when we run out of toilet paper.
Thinking/Thought the same. But in today's crisis, I hope they (WW and TB) do alright from sales. Releasing a game now, that the team has worked so hard for is pretty ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back