Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do these dudes on youtube post videos of themselves playing games, but think it is a good idea to talk inane crap the whole time over the top of it and also include a camera on themselves?

I don't get it.

Everytime someone posts a video with 'no commentary' it seems the entire comment section is filled with people thanking them.
we think its a good idea because it works lmao you think pewdiepie got 100m subscribers from posting no commentary videos cmon man, people watching gaming videos on yt and streams on twitch 'most of the time' watch em to the see the reaction of the creator to the game and stay for the personality coming out of the content creator its a big reason why videos with webcams usually do better then videos with no webcams

anyway All Australian is actually to easy im scared when i get to legend its gonna end up being really easy

This screenshot posting is great and all, but you all know that this Tiger Woods game would probably double the FPS of anything made by Wicked Witch right? And that FPS is way more important to the smoothness and feel than pixel count? Yeah cool.

on the newer game, no doubt

On the Tiger woods games from almost 20 years ago, not so sure

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Just had a coach career game where I lost by a point to West Coast. Feels so good that at times you have it locked in your forward half, and others it feels like you can't get it out of theirs. Even though I lost it was pretty exhilarating. Only thing that would've improved it would've been better crowd sounds, kinda takes you out of it

Except it's not, soccer involves far less programming than AFL and anyone who isn't an idiot would understand that.
Yep, true. Why didn't they spend more time programming it then, instead of coming out with something half-baked?

The core is there,they did a fantastic job,well done WW,it’s screaming for a kickstarter and a bigger staff just to give it an aaa polish.

Imagine a proper budget of 50 million.

They have worked wonders for a small team,love the stadiums,playing at Port Melbourne is a cool touch.

Just had a coach career game where I lost by a point to West Coast. Feels so good that at times you have it locked in your forward half, and others it feels like you can't get it out of theirs. Even though I lost it was pretty exhilarating. Only thing that would've improved it would've been better crowd sounds, kinda takes you out of it
Huddo did a great job on the commentary but it still has moments where he yells out a player’s name when someone does a simple thing but that’s a game issue,fixed by more staff and proper money,Fifa and Pes have been going for decades,AFL is a very fast moving game with a lot of elements to it,not as structured as Association Football.

The core is there,now give this mob some money,make sure they don’t use it on a trip to Tahiti and the game would realise it’s full potential,still an enjoyable game to play nonetheless.

If this game played with the pes‘s and fifa’s of the World,it would upon up a huge os market and the single biggest way of promoting the sport world wide.

Except it's not, soccer involves far less programming than AFL and anyone who isn't an idiot would understand that. Combine it with the massive budget different and to even think they are slightly comparable is embarassing.

Soccer isn’t any easier to program its just a bunch of nuffies who keep perpetuating this myth. Budget is completely different argument.

Soccer isn’t any easier to program its just a bunch of nuffies who keep perpetuating this myth. Budget is completely different argument.
The pitch is a smaller canvas and 22 players is alot less than 36.

WW should be commended on the graphics when dealing with 36 players on the screen,the umpires,crowds.

I honestly don't want to hear anything. I just want to see the game to see if it is any good, or watch how someone else plays it to improve my own play or get through a level.

Imagine going to a movie and there is a dude next to you acting like Homer

'i think that guys a spy .... what did that guy say when i said what did that guy say'.

STFU!
I remember when Twistie3 wouldn’t shut up while live streaming the game for the first time. I just wanted to hear the sound of the game and commentary. It’s so annoying. I don’t want to hear their own commentary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Twistie3 wouldn’t shut up while live streaming the game for the first time. I just wanted to hear the sound of the game and commentary. It’s so annoying. I don’t want to hear their own commentary

Unless I'm looking up a guide, as soon as I hear commentary I'm out. If I see their picture on a video thumbnail I won't even click on it. Good on the people who can earn money and make a career out of it, but I find this whole streaming culture obnoxious and even a little narcissistic. Each to their own though of course.

350 mill was spent on Fifa 16 alone,holy smokes.

WW with no where near that budget need medals.

Goat effort.

Even EA would struggle to make an authentic feeling AFL game imo, even if they employed project leads who understood the sport. Programming is just problem solving. Think of soccer rules like offside. How could I solve that? I might try making an invisible collider that's constantly checking for last defender every frame and compare the position of attacking players every pass. The positions are more rigid so I could create zones and set each player to them with pre determined deviation. AFL rules and game play is quite chaotic and the only way I can think of right now to achieve it realistically would be with machine learning, but game engines aren't quite there yet. I still haven't played this game but from the few videos I've seen in think they've done as best as they could.

No it's simpletons like yourself who can't figure out that an AFL field has a *load more variables than a soccer field.

“In 2014 an ESPN poll found that 34% of Americans became soccer fans as a result of playing the game, while half of all Americans say that the game has increased their interest in the sport. Once upon a time, children would become football fans through Match of the Day, Panini cards jammed in tatty sticker books, and pull-out posters of Glenn Hoddle or Pelé. That has all changed. “Nowadays,” says Prior, “people come to football through our game.”

We can dream that AFL Evolution gets a proper budget to take it to the next level,the sport is fast paced and easy to learn the rules,if something like US Football which involves huge amounts of strategy can be a huge game,then AFL can too,it’s only human stubborness stopping that and os smugness,we know our code is the best in the World.

Get Big Ant,WW,any others who have worked on big games from Oz,give them a kickstarter budget of 100 million and make the game of our dreams.

Last edited:
Even EA would struggle to make an authentic feeling AFL game imo, even if they employed project leads who understood the sport. Programming is just problem solving. Think of soccer rules like offside. How could I solve that? I might try making an invisible collider that's constantly checking for last defender every frame and compare the position of attacking players every pass. The positions are more rigid so I could create zones and set each player to them with pre determined deviation. AFL rules and game play is quite chaotic and the only way I can think of right now to achieve it realistically would be with machine learning, but game engines aren't quite there yet. I still haven't played this game but from the few videos I've seen in think they've done as best as they could.
WW have done a superb job no doubt.

350 mill was spent on Fifa 16 alone,holy smokes.

WW with no where near that budget need medals.

Goat effort.
Think I read that AFL Evolution 1's budget was as much as EA would spend on FIFA's menus.

If the AFL was clever, they would put the video game under their advertising budget. It would give the game more money to be better, ads on TV and aimed at the younger types to play and get interested in the sport

Why do these dudes on youtube post videos of themselves playing games, but think it is a good idea to talk inane crap the whole time over the top of it and also include a camera on themselves?

I don't get it.

Everytime someone posts a video with 'no commentary' it seems the entire comment section is filled with people thanking them.

"Ok, let's find a Youtube video to see how this game plays and whether it looks worth buying."

"HEYWHAT'SUPGUYSIT'SDICKBRAINYOUTUBERHERE!"

*Closes window*

No it's simpletons like yourself who can't figure out that an AFL field has a fu**load more variables than a soccer field.
Go on then how about you back up your point for once instead of just throwing out insults when someone disagrees with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back