Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got one game left before I'm done with the U/18s and can get drafted.

Once I've done that I'm done with Be a Pro, the AI is just too f***ing stupid.
What position are you playing? I found the quality (albeit one game am about to do my second) much better with my AFL side

The game is either scripted or I'm just unlucky. The second time I've been down by a huge margin, and mounted a huge come back in the final quarter.... last second shot to win only for it to be a point and thus lose by 1 point!!!! grrrr!!!!

I was down the entire game, came alive in the last quarter. What really screwed me over was going over the mark twice for 2 goals against me :(

** Also reading around online, people are going to the Argentina Xbox store and buying it for $29 AUD instead of $99.95. I didn't even think to do that and I buy games on the US store frequently :p

What position are you playing? I found the quality (albeit one game am about to do my second) much better with my AFL side
Mid-Forward that doesn't get to play in the midfield.

There's just too many bugs.

- Calling for the ball and if the AI is facing the boundary they just thump it out on the full, the AI for the opposition then proceeds to launch the ball right back out on the full when kicking back in.
- Ruck does one contest then the midget replaces him in the ruck for every contest after that and the AI runs the ball out of the middle the same way every time.
- AI missing from the goal square
- AI switching in defense and decide to go to a 2 on 1 disadvantage

It's just horrible.

Mid-Forward that doesn't get to play in the midfield.

There's just too many bugs.

- Calling for the ball and if the AI is facing the boundary they just thump it out on the full, the AI for the opposition then proceeds to launch the ball right back out on the full when kicking back in.
- Ruck does one contest then the midget replaces him in the ruck for every contest after that and the AI runs the ball out of the middle the same way every time.
- AI missing from the goal square
- AI switching in defense and decide to go to a 2 on 1 disadvantage

It's just horrible.
I see the first one a bit but not so much the other 3.

Tried adjusting the CPU sliders for goal kicking? I noticed my U18 team being a bit s**t but my AFL teams muuuuch better

Its called auto balancing, and it's actually infuriating AF.

I get they don't want players just annihilating their opponents, but I cringed every time I got 5 points up with 3 minutes to go because you just knew what was coming..

God mode free kick/mark/infringement and resulting miracle shot from 60m out on the boundary which goes straight through despite them missing shots all game.
That's really starting to bug me. It seemed like a good feature to begin with, now it's becoming tiresome. Nothing like have a 30+ point lead disintegrate and nothing you can do about it.

I see the first one a bit but not so much the other 3.

Tried adjusting the CPU sliders for goal kicking? I noticed my U18 team being a bit s**t but my AFL teams muuuuch better

Didn't realize you could adjust the sliders for BAP?

The other issue is applications of the rules.

- AI runs through the mark, I don't get 50.
- Actually just had the AI standing next to the goal post while my team was kicking in from a point, he played on and got instantly tackled by the guy standing next to the goal post.

Turn the wind indicators off

Or just whack this on when it's time to take the kick for goal

images

Pinch it from the umpires

Didn't realize you could adjust the sliders for BAP?

The other issue is applications of the rules.

- AI runs through the mark, I don't get 50.
- Actually just had the AI standing next to the goal post while my team was kicking in from a point, he played on and got instantly tackled by the guy standing next to the goal post.
I adjust them mid game if I feel like something doesn't feel right. My games are probably still too much tackles into frees though

I agree, very off-putting response from them, not to mention them laugh reacting to your comment. I’ve never really understood the love for the first AFL Live, sure they might’ve been further ahead at this point but there’s no way of knowing that. Evo 2 in my opinion is way better and more enjoyable than any other AFL game

There kind of is though. It's pretty common opinion that AFL Live was ahead of AFL Live 2 gameplay wise. Then look at the progression from DBC14 to Cricket 19, and imagine an AFL game with Cricket 19's features and polish and a few extra years of development without starting from "the ground up" once and also changing engines in that time.

It's all pissing in the wind because we've got what we've got and it isn't changing, but it's hard to argue they wouldn't be further ahead.

- playing against veteran - a player will snap from 55 on the boundary off one step and kick the goal straight through the middle. Just not realistic.

This is annoying me too, and is a big part of why I gave up on Evolution. Play on the lower difficulty and you pump them. But then playing on higher difficulties doesn't make the AI smarter, it just gives them abilities and luck that you don't have. In one of my games Caleb Daniel snapped a 60m goal that cleared the goal line by about 5m about a second after gathering the ball and while facing the wing. And this is after about 5 tackles in a row spilled the ball directly to their closest opponent on the full.

It's just really really cheap and cheesy.

Sorry, I'm just going to keep posting my thoughts as I have them. I know they're all negative but the positives far outweigh the negatives for me, just want to mention the negatives.

Anyone else feel that once a player evades one tackle you may as well just give up? I've had spuds fend of 3 tackles in a row far to often.

The canned animations don't help either. Really needs a 2 on 1 tackle animation. So often you corner an opponent 2 on 1 and he evades the first tackle, but because he's mid animation he's basically invisible and the second guy's tackle "misses" and takes him out of the contest too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There kind of is though. It's pretty common opinion that AFL Live was ahead of AFL Live 2 gameplay wise. Then look at the progression from DBC14 to Cricket 19, and imagine an AFL game with Cricket 19's features and polish and a few extra years of development without starting from "the ground up" once and also changing engines in that time.

It's all pissing in the wind because we've got what we've got and it isn't changing, but it's hard to argue they wouldn't be further ahead.
To be fair, DBC17 and Ashes were actually step backs in terms of quality before we got Cricket 19 which is the best cricket game made. 2nd being DBC 14.

i love when the defender kicking in plays on and runs along the boundary so you get ready for a long kick outside 50 near the boundry only the AI player to kick it at a 75degree angle directly infront of goal to a pack of players 20m away from the goal.
Or directly out on the full.

To be fair, DBC17 and Ashes were actually step backs in terms of quality before we got Cricket 19 which is the best cricket game made. 2nd being DBC 14.

OFF TOPIC: I think DBC14 gets a lot of love because it was the first to not have the bowl on a dime mechanic (amongst a few other things including the world's first player sharing server across rival platforms), I agree on DBC17 (it was a step backwards), but I think Ashes > DBC14 as we gained back control of the franchise and published it ourselves, with Cricket 19 - I think it's the best of them (we're still supporting it with patches to this day, there are more to come).
Edit: Sometimes you push too hard and break things, IMO RLL3 > RLL4.

OFF TOPIC: I think DBC14 gets a lot of love because it was the first to not have the bowl on a dime mechanic (amongst a few other things including the world's first player sharing server across rival platforms), I agree on DBC17 (it was a step backwards), but I think Ashes > DBC14 as we gained back control of the franchise and published it ourselves, with Cricket 19 - I think it's the best of them (we're still supporting it with patches to this day, there are more to come).
Edit: Sometimes you push too hard and break things, IMO RLL3 > RLL4.

DBC 14 is my favourite ever because it was so different. The process of just learning the controls to being able to hit centuries was so fun in career mode, reckon I churned out 10,000 runs. I despised DBC 17, which led to me buying Ashes Cricket late and Cricket 19 just a few months ago. Cricket 19 is your magnum opus, coincidentally the fourth game in the series.

Agree on 17. That turned me off for a while and as a result I didn't bother with Ashes (was slightly annoyed that DBC17 got more or less abandoned for Ashes when it was still in need of more work), before picking up Cricket 19.

..certainly there are strengths and weaknesses for both the big players, Unity and Unreal...
I would think that the main benefit is the engine devs can roll out version improvements, and then your dev team don’t have to do it themselves, and can focus more on the game itself. (Making it a good argument for iterative games)

Might cost for the licensing, but could save money/time year-on-year (and maybe over to the upcoming new consoles).
this is why the investment to change to Unreal for this series excites me.

Anyone been able to do one of those unranked matches with multiple people?

Seems like it's completely broken. Either lose connection to host or the game itself crashes.

I played men against women, just to see if I could.

Seeing Nic Nat ragdoll his opponent was hilarious (and a little bit disturbing) :straining:

Tackle animations are the same as if you're playing against your own sex, so I got to see a standing tackle where a woman picked up Jack Darling. Death by snu snu :hearteyes:

The size, speed, everything difference is really noticeable when you play men vs women. Doesn't help that men with vastly different sizes look too similar to each other, but still. Maybe they can import some of the female models for smaller players :drunk:

I beat Richmond and the All-Australian team on the default diffciulty, so ready to move up methinks. The AA team is the 2018 AA team too for some reason. I got angry all over again seeing Buddy as captain #HurnWasRobbed #PutOutYourWidowPeaks

The game against Richmond was the best I've played so far. Was a lot like the 2018 Grand Final. Was playing catch up all game, peppered the goals in the last but kept missing, Richmond were coming out of defence, someone (not sure who) laid an epic smother, ball spilt to Flyin' Ryan, who kicked the goal. That was the last score of the game, and I won by 6 points.

Best individual game I've played since I beat Carlton after the siren (after receiving a free kick too mind you) in the original AFL Live in season mode on the hardest difficulty to ensure I got the achievement to beat every side in season mode. We only played Carlton once that year, so had I lost that game... :mad:

Lynchy took out the Coleman/Brownlow double. Those were the days.

Loving Evo 2. Can't wait for the patches to smooth the rough edges so I can get stuck into Career mode.

Anyone else having trouble finding an opponent for an online match? Surely it’s not my internet because I’ve tried everything. Just curious if I’m not the only one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back