Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Late last night spent about 30 minutes with it and played exhibition match. Having not played any ps4 games with controllers for years I'm fairly useless getting use to how to even use controller and follow what all buttons are for. Think I managed to understand how to handball and kick but so far got not much idea about marking so opposition killing me there and rucking about the same. Had no hit outs when looked at stats at end of game. Dogs thrashed me but Eddie Betts I managed to get two goals for me out in open space with red button towards end of night.

For those struggling with the quick fire pace, or tackle speed, too much smothering, or no loose men (assuming you’ve tried the new tactics) -use the sliders.
In the last game, it took quite a bit of fine tuning to have a great game.

From memory, I slowed the speed/pace of the game right down (hopefully this is an option still).
Also, tackle distance is a big factor.
Pretty sure you can even fine tune the amount of smothering (to stop the amount of handball smoothers).
And turning up the fatigue rate can really help seperate players from their direct opposition. - this worked well enough in last version, where there was literally no other way to seperate them.

Having quick build up of fatigue in this version should hopefully lead to lots of loose players, since there is already more space between them to begin with. (Also helps create more mismatches in speed levels which makes more exciting contests)

Sorry for being negative but I’m just looking at this game as a casual observer looking at any sports game released in the year 2020. To be frank it looks like a complete bin fire. The graphics are ps1 like, especially the close ups of the players. It’s jerky and the animations are robotic. Even the frame rate is terrible.

And why does the AI keep kicking to short contests instead of hitting up open players on the opposite side? And they seem to be able to make a 50m pin point kicks spinning on a 5 cent piece. There’s no taking time to weigh up options. If they mark the ball, bang, next millisecond they kick across their body to a contest. And open players taking hangers on no one? This was in bug ant’s AFL live 1...

And what’s with the set shot mechanic? After so many years of AFL gaming all we have is a power bar that you let go of the button in the green area. Im sorry but this is pathetic.

$100 - ya dreamin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just arrived, so yeah they do. :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mine was with AusPost Express as well and nothing here, still no update from when it left NSW on Thursday.

EB/AusPost deliver on weekends?

I will forever rue the day I ordered with JB/Toll.

For the rest of my life.

Only some by the sounds of it.

3. Would love more flexibility in the Guernsey design. Even little things like changing the shorts, collar and sock colours or being able to upload custom logos. Would also be nice to be able to use the custom kits in games with AFL teams.

Overall, it's a major improvement and I look forward to a few updates in the coming weeks.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Totally agree. I tried to recreate the North Orange Guernsey but they don't have the bounding kangaroo in the custom kit designs. Which I found strange because they have North Melbourne away kit (same bounding kangaroo) already in the game, how hard would it have been to allow to have a generic bounding kangaroo? Hopefully they fix it up in the update.

Really liking some of the guernsey designs people have made. Only issue is you can only use them on custom teams. Debating if I want to recreate all 18 teams so that I can take my pick from about 10 guernseys whenever I play them in career mode.

So much potential here. Shame you can't play them on the licensed teams. I think once more people have the game, we could see some unreal Guernsey designs.

Sorry for being negative but I’m just looking at this game as a casual observer looking at any sports game released in the year 2020. To be frank it looks like a complete bin fire. The graphics are ps1 like, especially the close ups of the players. It’s jerky and the animations are robotic. Even the frame rate is terrible.

And why does the AI keep kicking to short contests instead of hitting up open players on the opposite side? And they seem to be able to make a 50m pin point kicks spinning on a 5 cent piece. There’s no taking time to weigh up options. If they mark the ball, bang, next millisecond they kick across their body to a contest. And open players taking hangers on no one? This was in bug ant’s AFL live 1...

And what’s with the set shot mechanic? After so many years of AFL gaming all we have is a power bar that you let go of the button in the green area. Im sorry but this is pathetic.

$100 - ya dreamin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you haven’t played this, and therefore haven’t tried any slider changes (ie change AIs decision making, abilities), you’ve on,y watched YouTube and FB streams of essentially a pre-release AFL game made for a single small market?

Really? Did you not like Evo1 once you had the sliders dialed in to your liking, and after their multiple software updates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any sports game released in the year 2020
this is made by wicked witch not 2k or ea im sure they wouldnt even have 10 percent of the budget those big companys have, its a fairly good effort for what they are working with and the thing is they can keep working with this now they have settled with the unreal engine,

also have u played 2ks wwe 2k20 its legit the worst game ive seen for a while and fifa 20 isnt very flash itself

this is an insanely good effort by them

this is made by wicked witch not 2k or ea im sure they wouldnt even have 10 percent of the budget those big companys have, its a fairly good effort for what they are working with and the thing is they can keep working with this now they have settled with the unreal engine,

also have u played 2ks wwe 2k20 its legit the worst game ive seen for a while and fifa 20 isnt very flash itself

this is an insanely good effort by them
10%? Wouldn’t event be 1% of their budgets.. (or revenue)
People like this sook seriously seem to prefer no AFL game as opposed to one made on these limited budgets.. I simply don’t get that logic?

A game built on the same engine as the one before it is signifigantly worse because of budget cuts

Evo 2 on a new engine and from what I have seen on streams of real people playing. It looks like a fun AFL game I can sink hours into

If ******* JB ever ******* ships this ******* game I swear to god

10%? Wouldn’t event be 1% of their budgets.. (or revenue)
People like this knob seriously seem to prefer no AFL game as opposed to one made on these limited budgets.. I simply don’t get that logic?
I remember hearing once that Live 1 or 2 (I forget which) had as much budget for the whole thing as FIFA has on their opening menu screen

I still can’t ******* tell who has the ball half the time
Hot tip, cause I was having this issue in Evo 1 and this fixed it, use End to End camera with 100% rotation speed. Adjust the zoom to your liking if you need.

With or without sliders I never really got into Evo 1. I tried multiple times but never got more than a handful of games into the season. After a day with this it’s already a massive step up for the simple reason that it’s actually fun.

There’s a bunch of small things that aren’t perfect like man on the mark or random player in the goal square for kick ins that will hopefully get fixed up, but there’s a pretty solid, fun base to work with.

I love hearing impressions of the game, but impressions from someone who hasn't played it claiming the game has PSone level graphics ... Yeah, not so much.
To be fair you can get a decent read on graphics without playing, though not perfect because the video quality is often compressed, but it’d be the only thing that’s possible to judge without playing. That being said I would tell him to play a PS1 game and tell me what a ******* PS1 game looks like. I myself have played it and love it. Graphics aren’t 2K level but I know I’d much rather a coherent game over a dumpster fire with great graphics. 2K lucked out being the NBA developer as it’s an easy sport to replicate in a game yet they still pump out their polished turd with cinematics and micro transactions but the graphics would appease the Facebook users who are desperate to hate on anything AFL related that’s made.

EB/AusPost deliver on weekends?

I will forever rue the day I ordered with JB/Toll.

For the rest of my life.
Some of you guys have been so unlucky with the shipping. I didn't even pre-order it until I found it was coming out Friday, and I ended up placing my order at 4pm Wednesday with JB. Courier picked it up Thursday Arvo and I had it by 10am Friday.

So you haven’t played this, and therefore haven’t tried any slider changes (ie change AIs decision making, abilities), you’ve on,y watched YouTube and FB streams of essentially a pre-release AFL game made for a single small market?

Really? Did you not like Evo1 once you had the sliders dialed in to your liking, and after their multiple software updates?
I agree that sliders change the game massively, but should I really have to go in and balance everything so the game actually plays like football? Why are the developers so poor that they can’t ship something that resembles the sport they are trying to replicate even slightly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back