Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So you agree that I may have an argument on both counts, so what is your point? That my choice of "same game" over similar was incorrect? Fine, I'll concede that game breaking point.

I said anyone could argue over those points (whether Live 1 plays better or whether Evolution 2 looks as good as it should) but you didn't say that, you said:

An AFL game from 2011 on an older generation console looks better than a 2020 version of the same game on a newer console.

Enough said.

An that's just 100% wrong.

Evo 2: "Use your body to bump in marking contests"

Also Evo 2:

I don't mind how they've done this. Charging when you have a full sprint up and bump, play on when you are already in position and bump to hold it. That's how it should be. Imagine being camped under the ball and being cleaned up like that in online and it being play on. Would be rage inducing.

I know it's quite minor in the grand scheme of things, but after playing Gold Coast at Optus, and seeing the ground filled with 60k Gold Coast fans, and hearing that dumb little groan when I (as the home team!) score a goal, is really starting to annoy me.

The game is also convinced that Brad Sheppard is a forward. He's labelled as a defender in game, and his position is set to back pocket, but this is two games in a row where despite that he's played as a forward. Kicked 4 goals too, to go with his bag against Freo the last game I played.

Noticed Jack Darling is set as second ruck. Changed that to Vardy (who is in the default team). By default Barrass is set to kick-ins too. Changed that to Hurn. I shouldn't have to make such basic fixes.

I know it's quite minor in the grand scheme of things, but after playing Gold Coast at Optus, and seeing the ground filled with 60k Gold Coast fans, and hearing that dumb little groan when I (as the home team!) score a goal, is really starting to annoy me.

The game is also convinced that Brad Sheppard is a forward. He's labelled as a defender in game, and his position is set to back pocket, but this is two games in a row where despite that he's played as a forward. Kicked 4 goals too, to go with his bag against Freo the last game I played.

Noticed Jack Darling is set as second ruck. Changed that to Vardy (who is in the default team). By default Barrass is set to kick-ins too. Changed that to Hurn. I shouldn't have to make such basic fixes.
Is Barrass default set to FB by many chance?

Also had a weird one in the aftermath. Tarryn Thomas was suspended for three weeks, yet when I go to change my team for the next game, he's still in my forward pocket. Kayne Turner was also given a two game ban, but he wasn't even in my team.

Yeah I had this too. Petruccelle got two weeks for rough conduct, I appealed, lost, then because he was suspended I couldn’t move him in/from my team, so he just played both weeks.

Manual team management settings throw up some very odd restrictions.

To answer your first two points, both can’t be done because of legal and licensing, having classic teams (other than fan created) would be a licensing nightmare and I’m pretty sure you can’t edit licensed AFL/AFLW players either because it’d mess with the facescans or because of legal/licence reasons
Yeah lol I understand the licensing nightmare regarding former players, I have played a sporting game before mate.

Just found it odd you couldn't fix someones haircut but I did think it could be due to legal reasons and the AFLPA

Anyone else completed a season in Pro career and then choose to be traded to another team and then 90% of chosen team gets traded out and a heap of draftees take their spot on the list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week or so into owning this game now. Taking a step back to view it in context - it probably is one of the most poorly developed and buggiest sports games ever to be released. It should never have left the studio in this state.

I have absolutely zero confidence and trust in any Australian sports game developer at the moment.

I said anyone could argue over those points (whether Live 1 plays better or whether Evolution 2 looks as good as it should) but you didn't say that, you said:

An that's just 100% wrong.
Semantics and subjective opinion.

Not interested in having a debate on either of those things, especially the former.

Yep, did one yesterday in game against Sydney. More by accident than design, not sure what buttons i had done it. I know how to do torpedo's, clearance kicks and normal kicks but never tried snap kicks on boundary line but this was about 30 minutes out from goal near half forward and fluked it but not sure combination of buttons I did it at the time. But it did show me it can be done.
That's a big kick

Re: taking it out of the ruck. I shared a few clips yesterday of CPU ruckmen taking the ball directly out of the ruck in a boundary throw in situation. After it happened again today I decided to try replicate it myself for all throw ins. Just had one work.

Pressing triangle (or whatever your mark button is) in a boundary throw in scenario triggers a mark animation which is effectively the take it out of the ruck option. Treat it like a marking contest in terms of being in the centre of the circle, in line with the ball, and helps if you get that little shoved the opponent out the way animation first.

Whether this is a bug (can’t be done in other ruck situations, just boundary throw ins) or intended, it’s certainly doable. Big game changer for forwardline throw ins.

If anyone was looking for slider ideas, I posted all mine in the other thread

Still no sign of AFL Evolution 2 on USA or Canada PSN Store. Guess its going to have to wait until next Tuesday then?

EDIT: I checked again a few minutes after I posted, and wullah.. It is now released in Nth America on PSN Store.

Last edited:
For those interested, Nth American PSN Store prices are: $59.99 USD and $79.99 CAD ... so converts to ~$95 AUD and ~$90 AUD respectively.

Anyone else with the physical disc version on Xbox not have any club songs? (Both running out, and winning team)..
Reckon it might be because I impatiently played while it was still installing (like a few others on here did), as it lets you still play exhibition at the time.

Now everything is installed, but only thing missing is club songs! Not game breaking, but sad when I win.

Any ideas? No way to consolidate or check install on Xbox like there is in steam? (Checked for updates and nothing available)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back