Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't have a full list for you right now, but an example of a much requested improvement is the ability to change the away team's lineups in Competition.
Is the Prison Bars jumper an option for Port Adelaide at AFL level?

Last edited:
25 minutes until it's finished downloading. Looking forward to it!

I think ptrg you had sliders or something for the game? Could you post them?

Last edited:
Played a game. Feels and looks more realistic than last game. The rain on the cameras is a good touch, some new tackling animations look good.

Umpires sound more human. Liking some of the face scans as well. The ground looks worn out as the game goes on.

AI was trying to chip around the back as well, also in other parts of the game I was kicking to an empty forward line so players are not stuck in set positions like older games.

Game is more optimised for PC too. I can cap the frame rates in the menus. The crowd yelling ball sounds more realistic also.

Last edited:

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
We don't have a full list for you right now, but an example of a much requested improvement is the ability to change the away team's lineups in Competition.
thanks, a major one for me and many others is whether you’ve properly fixed the soccering inside the AIs fwd50?
It has become ridiculous since the last patch, and many would prefer to just turn soccering off all together than to watch FIFA be recreated...

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's not listed in the requirements, but does anyone know if this would be compatible with Windows 7 (64 bit, all service packs etc)? I don't really play games on PC anymore, this is the first time I have seen Win7 excluded in the minimum requirements.

Messing with the sliders, I'm making holding the ball free kicks more frequent (down to 40/100) and injuries more frequent (65/100).

Noticed that when I take a mark, I can't walk a few steps backwards and forwards like in the past game. (edit: I have to hold R2 to do that)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dylan7

Senior List
Jun 7, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Are the new updated player ratings any good? I’m not able to get to PlayStation for next few days

Anyone else getting a glitch where the ump calls for a ball up and then during the ball up cut scene the play just randomly continues without a ball up?
Yep and similar glitch when I've given away a free kick, I'm noticing sometimes if I hold down one of the kick buttons I'll just kick it and play will continue

This is the first AFL game I've bought since AFL '98 and I've gotta say.. not much has changed. Buggy, terrible commentary, seemingly random AI. Played my first game on the initial difficulty setting of 'Recruit' and won by 160 points so bumped it up one to Senior and lost by 80 points. I'll put more time into it later this week but so far its seems like refund material.

Last edited:
Just played my first full game on the PC with ptrg 's sliders.

St.Kilda v Richmond at the MCG - wanted to go against the best side in the game to see how it the sliders would go. Haven't played the game before now either.

First quarter was spent getting used to the controls and went down by as much as 43pts early into the second before I finally found some rhythm and ended up leading by 12 midway through the 4th, and was up by 4 points with 3mins left with the ball in our half before Richmond managed to break from the congestion and Castagna kicked the winner as the siren went - 117 v 115.

It was really enjoyable though! If not for the initial getting used to controls at the start we would've won by about 6 goals so I might try and make it a bit harder but was happy with how it played anyway.

Might also drop the quarter length from 7.5min to 5min to get a more realistic scoreline. Will play Collingwood now (the other highest rated side) and see how it goes on 5mins.

Gotta say though ptrg's done a great job with these. Game as a whole has plenty of potential for sure.

Anyone know how to open the PAK file?

Going to try and get into the game files so I can edit quarter length to 6 minutes.
Can you not just do that in game?

Can you not just do that in game?
No it's either 5min or 7.5min, I'm trying to get realistic scores and 5min is way too low, 7.5min is way too high so I'm thinking 6 is the sweet spot.

I have looked everywhere,..can you please repost the sliders that you use? Cheers! 👍
ptrg said:
Here’s my settings for anyone interested. Having pretty epic games with them, with quite a variance (win some by 8 goals, had a draw, few close finishes, and a few big losses)

User
Kick Charge Speed 67
-
Close 38
Mid 35
Long 30
On The Run 67
(Still mucking around with these - turns out they only control on the run shots)

-
Boost 50
Fumbles 48
Spoiling 50
Speccy 50
-
Rucking 45
Run Speed 26
Handball Dist 40
Smothering 50
Endurance 58
Fatigue Rate 64
Fending 63
Tackle Eff 53
Kick Power 52 (I have individually altered Dees players kick power)
Tagging 0
-
Wind Impact 42 (I have wind indicator turned off)
Tackle Dist 35
Hip n Shoulder 50
Injury Freq 50
Injury Severity 50
-
No Prior Time 60
Throwing 46
High Tackle 40
Push in Back 40
Charging 42
Off the Ball 40
-
Ball Tapping 0
Stay on Man 0

CPU
Close 50
Mid 48
Long 44
Set Shot 41
On The Run 35
-
Boost 50
Fumbles 60
Spoiling 57
Speccy 50
-
Rucking 50
Run Speed 26
Handball Dist 40
Smothering 35 (means you can do more quick play on kicks from a mark without dodgy smothers)

Endurance 50 (AI manages endurance too smartly, so this keeps it “fair” I find)

Fatigue Rate 87 (same as above - these are the first ones to try slowly changing if you are winning or losing the ball too easily)

Fending 35 (no more shadow dancing untouchable oppo)

Tackle Eff 26 (more loose balls from a tackle)
Kick Power 50
Tagging 0
-
Tackle Dist 16 (no more go go gadget AI tackle arms)
Hip n Shoulder 31 (makes marking contests more enjoyable)
Injury Freq 50
Injury Severity 50
-
No Prior Time 50
Throwing 47
Holding the Ball 50
High Tackle 47
Push in Back 49
Charging 49
Off the Ball 63 (I believe this stops them doing early bumps in a marking contest = WINNING)
-
Play On 55
Tackle Reaction 59 (ie how fast AI “tap” Triangle/Y to tackle you)

Pressure Awareness 69 (if you are saying “god the ai is dumb at disposals under pressure/kicking OOTF/turnovers”, increase this. Increase too far and you end up playing super soldiers. This is one of the first things to increase as you get better/start winning too easily)

Tackler Avoidance 59 (remember this is how much they will ATTEMPT to run away - ie how ballsy they are.)
Ball Tapping 0
Stay on Man 0

———————

Difficulty: Legend
Interchange: Full Auto
Auto Bounce: Button Only (love this setting- means I can try and sprint the full 15m, and occasionally I do push it too far)
Kick Aim Assist: Off
———————
My preferred Camera:
(takes getting use to, but I much prefer it swap direction for who has the ball. Only thing you need to master is the kicking directional is tied to camera direction. So as it pans, you have to be aware the left stick position needs to change to hit the same target. But no other camera lets me see as many options, and anticipate and make marking contests in both directions.)
End to end
Far
Look at Ball

*I’ve also gone and individually tweaked all known talls/good marks with 10-20% points increase, and also reduced smaller players marking ability by the same amount.

*Ruckmen and other big players have had their speed reduced by 20-30% (less for the freaks like franklin) Same for their sprint ability. this results in them struggling to make fast intercepts, but with increased marking ability, once they are at a contest, odds are in their favour against smaller oppo.

*as I only play as the Dees, I have lowered general kicking ability of all my teams plodgers, and increased spoiling abilities of key defenders/Jake Lever etc. Also reduced kicking distance for known weaker kicks (Spargo can’t kick it further than 30m in game and in real life), and a bit of a distance boost for those who can kick a 60m bomb.

Jan 12, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
If anyone knows how to fix this It would be greatly appreciated. The problem is whenever I get bumped it seems like 80% of the time I fall over and it's very irritating does any know how to fix this?

What's the go with higher difficulties when playing as a single player? What actually changes?
Seems like all the difficulty dictates is that opposition players mark everything and bounce out of tackles/draw frees while your own players are unable to compete.
There's only so much you can do when you don't control the team as the oppo can easily kick-mark-kick-mark from one end to the other unimpeded.

Back