Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

New update for the pc version dropped on Wednesday (news to me)

Gameplay:
  • Fixed an issue with game state continuing during cutscenes.
  • AI will soccer in cases where they will run over the goal line.

Camera:
  • Added the ability to move/rotate the camera in free kicks/marks by using the right stick or numpad.
  • Added "End-To-End for Frees/Marks" camera option for side, dynamic and play direction.
    When enabled it will switch to the end-to-end camera for free kicks and shortly after a mark.
  • Fixed the camera looking too far downwards in kick-ins on certain stadiums.
  • Fixed the camera facing the wrong direction when too close to the boundary.

Presentation:
  • Fixed an issue with cutscene placement on Jiangwan Stadium
  • Fixed an issue where umpire would talk to the free kicker in cutscenes.

Misc:
  • Fixed an issue with overall rating display of Team of the Week teams.
  • Fixed an issue with Team of the Week captains being a downloaded custom player.
  • Fixed career goals and career games to increment for AFLW league.
  • Fixed an issue preventing custom team guernsey selection.
  • Fixed an issue with right hand dragon tattoo causing odd tattoo selection behaviour.
  • Various other bug fixes and improvements.
The bolded changes make me happy, the game is getting even better :D

D1Matman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jays,Pens,Steel,Raps, CFC,PG,Scorch
Xtreme thanks for posting the patch notes the past couple weeks, haven't been keeping up much of late.

How is everyone finding it so far, that is playing latest version on PC?

Xtreme thanks for posting the patch notes the past couple weeks, haven't been keeping up much of late.

How is everyone finding it so far, that is playing latest version on PC?

I think the patches are making a difference in the game (coming from playing it on day 1 on Xbox). I went back to the Switch version earlier in the week.... it's a tough slog to play in comparison to pc (pc runs as smooth as butter), still fun from a portable perspective (hand held AFL is a dream come true for me lol), but the frame rate is very sluggish.

Others might kick up a stink, I think it captures AFL really well (even if some find it too basic in comparison to fifa/nba 2k).

It's worth a try, maybe ask for it as a Christmas present in a few months if you don't want to spend your own money on it ? :p

In coach mode I drafted a KPF, got him up to 93 rated in a year, and for some reason all my rookies at the end of the 2nd season are happy to take 5 year deals on 170k!

My team at the start of my 3rd season. 22 real players left.
1603267821750.png

Last edited:

Tru Blu Games

Draftee
Apr 17, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Just in time for the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final, update 1.04 for AFL Evolution 2 is now available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!
The Nintendo Switch update is also very close. It won't make it in time for the big day, but we hope it will not be far off.

This update brings changes seen in the PC Steam version including:
  • New in-game cutscenes.
  • Added new camera controls and options.
  • Numerous gameplay and AI improvements, including adjustments to set shot difficulty.
  • Further Career and Competition enhancements and fixes, including the ability to change away team lineup and a new 17 match fixture option in Competition.
  • Updated field sponsors.
And much more.

Full patch notes can be found at https://www.wickedsports.com.au/community/afl-evolution-2/afl-evolution-2-1-04-patch-notes

Enjoy, and good luck to Richmond and Geelong supporters this weekend!

StoneyHawk

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2010
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Jets, Rabbitohs, Swan Dist
Patch plays well...presentation looks good with centre square and goal square sponsors.
but I must say I have already had enough of seeing razor Ray explaining free kicks in the new cut scenes!

Ok, so are set shots actually challenging now, or do balls still just go straight unless there's wind?
I just played a half and kicked 7.2 but I did find them more challenging. The green metre seems to be a lot smaller particularly when you're further out from goal

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Loving the set shot Difficulty slider actually having an impact (along with distance out and angle playing a role too).

As I’ve mentioned before, I mainly play offline on legend difficulty with custom tweaked sliders.

Ive found that with these new settings, I can finally turn back on the set shot meter/bar thing (I had it off until now as I didn’t like the fact that I could always get close to green without a ridiculous fast meter charging speed).

So what I’m finding works is Goal Kicking Set Shot accuracy down to 15, Kick Charge slider is around 65, and this combo allows me to turn on goal kicking meter, and another good thing:

It means I can increase the kick power/distance slider. I’ve always kept this low, solely because with it high, it was too easy to kick goals. But the down side was, non-green kicks at goal would most the time fall short (even from like 40 out which is rare in Afl).
-Or go OOTF way too often due to me missing the green by a long way (which I couldn’t see)

But now with such a small green window thanks to the new difficulty slider, even non-green kicks (ie a little bit either side of green) still sail through for points, and occasionally OOTF.

One other thing I’ve also mentioned I do (time consuming), is modify my teams‘ players individual stats.
So now my previously set goal very-low kicking accuracy for most defenders means they have only a slither of green to aim for - even 40m out, dead in front! Behinds for defenders like real life!

It also means I can up the accuracy of forward dead eye dicks, and lower those who are known to shank.
It also lets me really enjoy/lose my s**t at players like Charlie Spargo, whos kick power I have very low (bloke can’t kick over 40m). 45 out? That will be a slither of green thanks (but he still gets a forwards decent chunk of green when shooting from 25 out)

One thing I’d love to see Tru Blu Games is less man on man.
I’m still experimenting with fatigue, stamina, ”tagging” (both settings slider and individual stats), to try and make men drop off their direct opponent.
so far, not much luck - 4th quarter it happens much more due to fatigue, but not much before then.
What I’d love to see is my man take an intercept mark at half back, and see free team mates sideways and even backwards if I’m on the flank.

Usually they all push ahead of me and are all effectively heavily tagged one on one (no matter what tactic I’m using), and sometimes I have a sole defender in my defensive goal square (think that’s extra man back tactic).

I reckon it wouldn’t be too hard, either a second “man back”, or just programming to tell the defensive team to all push back at least half a kick away.
This would certainly also help the AI when they have the ball at half back, as usually they eventually s**t themselves and kick it to a close by pack, many times into the centre corridor (coaches would be going bananas).

I have AI pressure awareness at 95% for AI, and while this helps them move the ball to free targets, when they’re not free, they still crap their dacks too much.
But I will keep experimenting (trying individual 0% tagging, and high fatigue rate for players..)

Essay complete.

Last edited:

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
Dunno if anyone can help me out or knows what could be causing the issue,

Whenever I play AFL Evo 2 on my TV, it doesn't look as smooth and sharp as the video posted above or even other videos posted to youtube etc. I have a good telly HD, HDMI etc but it doesn't look as fluid or "flowy" as others when I see them play. (so it can look a bit hazy or blurry)

A dumb question I know, but small differences like that would make me want to play it more.

Note i'm playing on xbone one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dunno if anyone can help me out or knows what could be causing the issue,

Whenever I play AFL Evo 2 on my TV, it doesn't look as smooth and sharp as the video posted above or even other videos posted to youtube etc. I have a good telly HD, HDMI etc but it doesn't look as fluid or "flowy" as others when I see them play. (so it can look a bit hazy or blurry)

A dumb question I know, but small differences like that would make me want to play it more.

Note i'm playing on xbone one
Pretty sure that’s the price we pay for not having the game on PC.
My eyes have adapted, but it’s definitely still choppy, and was hoping the devs could have improved it by now.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pretty sure that’s the price we pay for not having the game on PC.
My eyes have adapted, but it’s definitely still choppy, and was hoping the devs could have improved it by now.

Oh so it’s not just me. Really hope the developers address it soon, just bugs me playing it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not perfect on console but its still playable. I haven't touched the Xbox version in a while but what irked me on that version (did mention it in this thread at the time) the grass on some of the grounds looked very odd (colour palette etc). Both in brightness and texture (looked more like painted on carpet than grass).

You'd say adjust your tv colour settings...... butttt I don't have the same issue playing on pc (which I've rigged up to the same 4k tv as I play the xbox).

Also the video above doesn't replicate my in game experience 100%. I re-encoded the video in handbrake so i wasn't uploading a 1gb file lol. My encoding settings are wonky in that it made some left to right movement have the judder effect.

I also slightly slowed down the speed of the game with a frame rate limiter. Without it the game plays like you're fast forwarding through a video tape. Its playable but you need fast reflexes.

Mondyboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi I’m playing on PS4 and getting the censored censored error. Yes I’m logged in and yes I’ve updated to 1.04.

Other than that like the new patch. I wish though that the stats added up. I also wish that simulation produced vaguely realistic scores - especially quarter to quarter, and I wish that players who were injured didn’t stay on to play out the game only to be out for 6 weeks.

Also the AI still struggles to get it out of defence with a kick in (though not as bad as it was before).

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hi I’m playing on PS4 and getting the censored censored error. Yes I’m logged in and yes I’ve updated to 1.04.

Other than that like the new patch. I wish though that the stats added up. I also wish that simulation produced vaguely realistic scores - especially quarter to quarter, and I wish that players who were injured didn’t stay on to play out the game only to be out for 6 weeks.

Also the AI still struggles to get it out of defence with a kick in (though not as bad as it was before).

Even before the patches of the late, I had the AI miss 10ms out by lots- repeatedly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Do you guys upgrade your team's ratings throughout the season through training or do you leave them? I tried it once, and in that off-season everyone was asking for huge contract upgrades so probably not worth it in the ned.

Do you guys upgrade your team's ratings throughout the season through training or do you leave them? I tried it once, and in that off-season everyone was asking for huge contract upgrades so probably not worth it in the ned.
Trade a bunch of your players out, stack your draft picks, then a year later re-sign all your draft picks on 5 year deals on 170k each. You can rank these kids up really fast.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
One thing I reckon is happening, is that some slider setting changes arent taking effect mid game. I swear the set shot accuracy isn’t, nor the kick charge speed.
I ended up a few times moving them extremely to one side with not much apparent effect - but start a new match, and it’s clear the changes have taken effect.

dylan7

Senior List
Jun 7, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
ptrg can you post your realistic sliders and your setting for coach career. I can’t get a good balance for injury’s with frequency and how long term the injury is. Cheers

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
ptrg can you post your realistic sliders and your setting for coach career. I can’t get a good balance for injury’s with frequency and how long term the injury is. Cheers
I haven’t played coach career - I have injury sliders pretty low for regular season, maybe one injury per every second or third game?

From memory, in my last season at about the 3/4 mark, I turned injuries off, mainly because I kept coming up against teams missing too many big name stars - prefer to play them with their best players in

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just had an epic game against West Coast in the new update, I was 29 points up at half time and had all the momentum, pre-update I would’ve gone on to win this game by at least 45 points, but with the new set shot difficulty I missed a few tough shots I normally would get with ease, the Eagles came back and ended up winning by a point, the last few minutes were intense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back