Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMO the mechanics of the game were ok, especially after the sliders were included.

The main hindrance was the way player positioning worked. There were 18 one on one contests. That's not how AFL was played. The game mechanics can't cope with 30 players around the ball. We get that. But allow some zoning or loose men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder who will be on the cover. Would love to see Buddy Franklin, Jack Higgins and Tom Jonas all on the one cover. Would be superb.
I'd go Dustin Martin, Buddy Franklin and Gary Ablett.

Yeah, just toggle the skin on Jack Watts.

But it probably plays harder than Watts. Plus the build wouldn't be accurate, needs to be a Johnno Brown re-skin.

Perfect pay to win dlc for the women's league. All stats 99 and can't be tackled.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Serious question - Why are the AFL games relegated to their own board which would arguably get less traffic? Surely its better that it stays here so more people see it, buy it, and get it improved on?

Serious question - Why are the AFL games relegated to their own board which would arguably get less traffic? Surely its better that it stays here so more people see it, buy it, and get it improved on?

It’s a good question. That board gets very little traffic outside of a couple threads. I thought the logic might have been that this is a footy community so it seems like a good idea. Footy games should also be popular on a community like this one so they will always be near the top of the first page on this board, they could be stickied, or in this case they get their own board. It’s a good point though and I agree with the thinking so we’ll leave this one here for now.

I remember the palava on the old AFL Live board when it was first announced. I was a bigfooty virgin back then who had no idea what this site was, so i took half the cr*p people said as gospel and got sucked into the hype. Similar hype kicked into gear when evolution appeared on the classifications board, until people caught on it was Wicked Witch.
I'm probably in the minority, but i truly enjoy AFL Evolution, still play it to this day, and can't wait for the 2019 roster update. Pretty sure the damage has been done though, sales are going to struggle with this one i reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back