AFL Evolution 2 Realism Thread (game sliders, player ratings, player likeness, tactics)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my slider settings. As mentioned earlier, only had this game for 3 days, but did have Evo 1 and played it a fair bit.
Note it's straight to Legend difficulty, but the sliders allow me to be competitve, and slowly I am turning the relevant ones up as I improve.
The final settings a list management, which lets you choose clubs, and then "team tactic". Most clubs are set up like Adelaide or the Dees (no man on man kick outs!)
Finding I'm getting pretty fun and competitive matches with these settings.
Also, I've dramatically reduced big men's running speed and acceleration - and turned up the speedsters.
And finally, I've turned down the kicking ability of all the Dees B and C graders, to create more contrast. (I only play as the Dees)
Enjoy and let me know what you think!

View attachment 859130
That was so much harder to make than it should have been.....
Thank you these sliders. They work very well for me so far. The only part not working well is the camera angle, or any of the angles for that matter. I'll keep toying with that.

Question: I have searched the menus quite a bit looking for a way to enlarge the scorebox. Am I missing something?

Here's my slider settings. As mentioned earlier, only had this game for 3 days, but did have Evo 1 and played it a fair bit.
Note it's straight to Legend difficulty, but the sliders allow me to be competitve, and slowly I am turning the relevant ones up as I improve.
The final settings a list management, which lets you choose clubs, and then "team tactic". Most clubs are set up like Adelaide or the Dees (no man on man kick outs!)
Finding I'm getting pretty fun and competitive matches with these settings.
Also, I've dramatically reduced big men's running speed and acceleration - and turned up the speedsters.
And finally, I've turned down the kicking ability of all the Dees B and C graders, to create more contrast. (I only play as the Dees)
Enjoy and let me know what you think!

View attachment 859130
That was so much harder to make than it should have been.....

Do the sliders affect simulated games? I sim most games on the PC version, as I'm more interested in the game from a management and player development perspective.

Is there any way to create "realistic" stats, as well? I'm finding with 10 minute quarters, you get ruckmen and key forwards averaging 20-30 disposals, and 90-100 usually being a winning score, but teams having a ridiculously low number of inside 50s and marks.

Anyone Know how to stop this game from lagging and dropping frames on longer quarters?

I've just picked up the DLC on PS5 and am getting back into the game after almost a year away.
Do the sliders from back then still hold up? And what's everyone settled on camera-wise?

I've just picked up the DLC on PS5 and am getting back into the game after almost a year away.
Do the sliders from back then still hold up? And what's everyone settled on camera-wise?
The Sliders should hold up quite well and for Camera angle I use End to End Far but when in defence you mess up a bit( well at least I do).

Man is this game dog poo or what? Yet i can't stop playing it. Anyone found a glitch that makes players kick the ball automatically in a set shot? It didn't do it for me at first but now it almost always does it, annoys the s**t out of me.

Evo 2 is doing my head in as we speak.

It's fun enough, but there are some really cheap nasty tricks going on in Legend against the AI. I just wish WW had the ability to make it about the actual contest instead of relying on ridiculous frees, the ball never spilling free in your forward 50, and without doubt the most infuriating of all is when the ball ricochets around a pack and pops out into the hands of the AI player ten meters from the pack. It's a handball? Yeah right.

Unfortunately core game play is a distant last in terms of how quickly WW are fixing things, good progress overall but a bit worried about Evo 3. It's time for them to get the basics right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back