AFL Evolution player ratings discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have just contacted Wicked Witch with the full list of AFL Evolution Player Ratings attached. Here they are, all signed and sealed!
upload_2017-2-16_14-0-28.png

Compare what ratings? You havent actually rated anything, just put the players in an order from best-worst. Thats not how they're going to determine their ratings!
The things you say sometimes make no sense. I have rated them what do you think the list is above this? Ranking players from best to worst may not be the way they are doing it but it makes the most sense to do it this way. Otherwise each players rating is relying on each attribute rating to be accurate to get a completely accurate overall rating.

And I have already received a very thorough response which is promising.
I said: "I, along with other AFL fans on the big footy forum, have compiled a list of every 2017 listed AFL player ranked from best to worst with a rating we think they deserve. I know you have been tirelessly working on this game for a long time so if it helps in any way I have attached an excel document with the full list by both rank and in teams. You may want to refer to the list if you guys are stuck on particular players, etc. Either way it's there for you to use if you wish, by the fans!"

They replied: "Thanks GOTHELIONS16, We've worked on stats and player ratings more than any previous AFL release. AFL have been heavily involved with this and we've been on a mission to make it as accurate as possible. Thanks for checking in! I'll pass that one on GOTHELIONS16. Thanks GOTHELIONS16!" :)

I said: "I, along with other AFL fans on the big footy forum, have compiled a list of every 2017 listed AFL player ranked from best to worst with a rating we think they deserve. I know you have been tirelessly working on this game for a long time so if it helps in any way I have attached an excel document with the full list by both rank and in teams. You may want to refer to the list if you guys are stuck on particular players, etc. Either way it's there for you to use if you wish, by the fans!"

They replied: "Thanks GOTHELIONS16, We've worked on stats and player ratings more than any previous AFL release. AFL have been heavily involved with this and we've been on a mission to make it as accurate as possible. Thanks for checking in! I'll pass that one on GOTHELIONS16. Thanks GOTHELIONS16!" :)

Very thorough? They mention your username twice in the final two sentences lol looks very generated to me. And yes, RATING players means determining their attributes in suitable categories. All you've done is ranked them.

The things you say sometimes make no sense. I have rated them what do you think the list is above this? Ranking players from best to worst may not be the way they are doing it but it makes the most sense to do it this way. Otherwise each players rating is relying on each attribute rating to be accurate to get a completely accurate overall rating.
The overall rating is comprised of a weighted average from the ratings of different attributes of a player, it's amazing how you don't understand that

The overall rating is comprised of a weighted average from the ratings of different attributes of a player, it's amazing how you don't understand that
I do understand that. what I'm saying is its not a very accurate way to get the overall rating because it requires each and every attribute rated to be spot on or the overall rating won't be right. Ranking the players in order from best to worst gives each player a rating based on comparing every other player in the competition. It is a way more controlled method to getting highly accurate ratings, rather than being based on someone's opinion from the weighting of every little attribute.

I feel like that response is a bit of a thanks, but no thanks sort of answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like that response is a bit of a thanks, but no thanks sort of answer.
I got the reply from someone who said it would be passed on. If it was a Thanks but no thanks sort of answer the 'pass on' bit wouldn't be mentioned. And they didn't ignore the message altogether which is a good start.

Very thorough? They mention your username twice in the final two sentences lol looks very generated to me. And yes, RATING players means determining their attributes in suitable categories. All you've done is ranked them.
I replaced my facebook name with my big footy user name. GOTHELIONS16= My name

what I'm saying is its not a very accurate way to get the overall rating because it requires each and every attribute rated to be spot on or the overall rating won't be right.

Except in the real world that is exactly how overall rankings work. Overall rankings aren't just arbitrary numbers that determine their place in line. They're an average of all the individual stats, because the individual stats are what affects the game.

Except in the real world that is exactly how overall rankings work. Overall rankings aren't just arbitrary numbers that determine their place in line. They're an average of all the individual stats, because the individual stats are what affects the game.
But don't we want each player to be rated accurately and better/worse then the players better or worse then them in real life? It is all good and well WW doing the individual attributes but as long as they are done accurately enough to come up with an overall rating that represents the player and where they sit in the player pool. That is the point of my ratings. For example; WW could tweak/modify Hannerbery's individual attributes slightly until he is rated lower than Kennedy but rated higher than Parker. That way we don't get the situation where a weaker player has an overall rating better than a stronger player because of the attributes being done slightly inconsistently or inaccurately. You see rating every single players every single attribute has more room for error then an overall rating so if we can at least compare a finished product (rating resulted from individual attributes) to the strived for product( our ratings) then we will get a more accurate system where individual attributes of the worked on product can be tweaked to come up with a more accurate rating.

I do understand that. what I'm saying is its not a very accurate way to get the overall rating because it requires each and every attribute rated to be spot on or the overall rating won't be right. Ranking the players in order from best to worst gives each player a rating based on comparing every other player in the competition. It is a way more controlled method to getting highly accurate ratings, rather than being based on someone's opinion from the weighting of every little attribute.
The overall rating doesn't really matter that much, players with lower overalls may be better situational dependant on their makeup, you don't just pick the highest rated player for each position in any sport game

The overall rating doesn't really matter that much, players with lower overalls may be better situational dependant on their makeup, you don't just pick the highest rated player for each position in any sport game
Exactly. Someone like Josh Jenkins would have a better overall rating than someone like Aaron Sandilands, yet would get killed in the ruck against him.

I am rating your rankings as useless then. I'm gonna give you credit for putting your personal time into ranking the players overall, but WW/Any other sports game developers dont just put players in a list, pick a rating number and go with that for the final product.

I am rating your rankings as useless then. I'm gonna give you credit for putting your personal time into ranking the players overall, but WW/Any other sports game developers dont just put players in a list, pick a rating number and go with that for the final product.
Might as well have the best player as 1 and move up from there

9eEERf6.png

thinking.png

My top player ratings

Patty Dangerfield – 93

Nat Fyfe – 92

Lance Franklin – 92

Luke Hodge – 91

Scott Pendlebury – 91

Sam Mitchell – 91

Josh Kennedy (WCE) – 91

Dusty Martin – 90

Josh P Kennedy – 90

Joel Selwood – 90

Cyril Rioli – 90

Max Gawn – 90

Jobe Watson – 90

Todd Goldstein – 90

Marcus Bontempelli – 90

Matt Priddis – 89

Gary Ablett – 89

Dan Hannebery – 89

Luke Parker – 89

Dyson Heppell – 89

Eddie Betts – 89

Alex Rance – 89

Trent Cotchin – 89

Tom Rockliff – 89

Robbie Gray – 89

Nic Naitinui – 89

Jordan Lewis – 89

Rory Sloane – 89

Nick Riewoldt - 89

Lachy Neale – 88

Jack Steven – 88

Tom J Lynch – 88

Jack Riewoldt - 88

Travis Boak – 88

Jake Stringer – 88

Harry Taylor – 88

Brett Deledio – 88

Sam Jacobs – 88

Shane Mumford – 88

Dane Rampe – 88

David Armatige – 88

Toby Greene – 87

Tom McDonald – 87

David Mundy – 87

Aaron Sandilands – 87

Tom Hawkins – 87

Jarrad McVeigh – 87

Dayne Zorko – 87

Adam Treloar – 87

Dylan Shiel - 87

Chad Wingard – 87

Luke Shuey – 87

Zach Merrett – 87

Heath Shaw – 87

Shaun Burgoyne – 87

Kieran Jack – 87

Jack Gunston – 87

Kurt Tippett – 87

Tom Mitchell – 87

Stephan Martin – 87

Liam Picken – 87

Josh Jenkins – 87

Shannon Hurn – 87

Stephen Hill – 87

Harley Bennell – 87

Jason Johannison – 87

Jake Carlile – 87

Cale Hooker – 87

Josh Gibson – 87

Grant Birchall – 87

Steve Johnson – 87

Robbie Tarrant – 87

Jesse Hogan – 87

Have you actually even read what I said yesterday at 12:09pm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back