AFL Evolution player ratings discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Someone like Josh Jenkins would have a better overall rating than someone like Aaron Sandilands, yet would get killed in the ruck against him.
That's why Sandilands is rated higher than Jenkins in my ratings because for Aaron's position Ruck Taps are weighted more higher than other attributes such as speed, kick etc.

The overall rating doesn't really matter that much, players with lower overalls may be better situational dependant on their makeup, you don't just pick the highest rated player for each position in any sport game
I do because it means they are overall a better player with better attributes especially when you consider that the weighting of the attributes used to decide a players overall ratings varies for each position based on what's important for that position.

Have you actually even read what I said yesterday at 12:09pm?

Yes I did and like every other post you make, its pointless if you're not rating players how WW would. You've just laid out a number for each player, thats it. I dont agree with your reasoning that it leads to a higher margin of error because rating every sub-category towards the one overall number is precisely how every sports game developer does it.

Yes I did and like every other post you make, its pointless if you're not rating players how WW would. You've just laid out a number for each player, thats it. I dont agree with your reasoning that it leads to a higher margin of error because rating every sub-category towards the one overall number is precisely how every sports game developer does it.
You don't get what i'm saying. Its fine WW using the sub-attributes but then to refer to the list we gave them to do some tweaking so that the sub-attributes are a better indication of the overall player and how they compare to each and every other player

You don't get what i'm saying. Its fine WW using the sub-attributes but then to refer to the list we gave them to do some tweaking so that the sub-attributes are a better indication of the overall player and how they compare to each and every other player
Why would you tweak a players sub attributes when he may not deserve them just to get his overall rating up...

You should be comparing/rating each sub attribute instead of each overall rating. IE figuring out who is the best tap ruckman, who is the best set shot, who is the best clearance player, etc. These ratings are useless without it.

Why would you tweak a players sub attributes when he may not deserve them just to get his overall rating up...

You should be comparing/rating each sub attribute instead of each overall rating. IE figuring out who is the best tap ruckman, who is the best set shot, who is the best clearance player, etc. These ratings are useless without it.

THANK YOU!!!

No, thats idiotic. So you expect them to look at your list and say to each other 'Dangerfield is better than Fyfe but what determined that' ? They're doing actual research, you've still compiled a list from mostly opion!

Im back but just to leave for my friend GTL
Garry Lyon’s Top 10…
  1. Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)
  2. Lance Franklin (Sydney)
  3. Dan Hannebery (Sydney)
  4. Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
  5. Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
  6. Joel Selwood (Geelong)
  7. Luke Parker (Sydney)
  8. Rory Sloane (Adelaide)
  9. Alex Rance (Richmond)
  10. Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
Tim Watson’s Top 10…
  3. Josh Kennedy (Sydney)
  4. Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
  5. Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
  6. Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
  7. Max Gawn (Melbourne)
  8. Dan Hannebery (Sydney)
  9. Joel Selwood (Geelong)
  10. Rory Sloane (Adelaide)
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/19/who-is-the-best-player-in-the-land-heading-into-season-2017/

Im back but just to leave for my friend GTL
Garry Lyon’s Top 10…
  3. Dan Hannebery (Sydney)
  4. Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
  5. Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
  6. Joel Selwood (Geelong)
  7. Luke Parker (Sydney)
  8. Rory Sloane (Adelaide)
  9. Alex Rance (Richmond)
  10. Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
Tim Watson’s Top 10…
  3. Josh Kennedy (Sydney)
  4. Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
  5. Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
  6. Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
  7. Max Gawn (Melbourne)
  8. Dan Hannebery (Sydney)
  9. Joel Selwood (Geelong)
  10. Rory Sloane (Adelaide)
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/19/who-is-the-best-player-in-the-land-heading-into-season-2017/
Notice what Tim, Gary and I all have in common for our top 10 lists?
upload_2017-2-20_14-6-38.png
Sam Jacobs isn't in the top 10.

Wait, you actually sent them?
44078076.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Evolution- Carlton Player Ratings
I'll do Carlton as well to keep things rolling.

Carlton

Bryce Gibbs- 87

Marc Murphy- 86

Patrick Cripps- 88

Matthew Kreuzer- 78

Dale Thomas- 76

Sam Rowe- 74

Denis Armfield- 78

Lachie Plowman- 77

Kristian Jaksch- 70

Caleb Marchbank- 73

Liam Sumner- 76

Jack Silvagni- 74

Charles Curnow- 74

Kreuzer and Thomas rated way too high. Cripps should be at least as good as Gibbs. Murphy rated to high due to injury could even be an 85. Plowman, Sumner, C.Curnow, Armfield and Silvagni should be a little higher. Jaksch should be lower.

Kreuzer and Thomas rated way too high. Cripps should be at least as good as Gibbs. Murphy rated to high due to injury could even be an 85. Plowman, Sumner, C.Curnow, Armfield and Silvagni should be a little higher. Jaksch should be lower.
This is not the up to date one, see the full list way later on in the thread.

Brad Sheppard should be higher than a 73. Masten shouldn't be an 80, should be mid 70s, with Wellingham and Yeo high 70s.

Yes I am, he has proven it wasn't a fluke last year should now be better than a 76. 79 now is more about right I think

Need to copy Fifa style where only the very best players are rated 90+, which means when you are able to nab them in FA/trade they are genuine game changers in your team.

Dangerfield - 95
Buddy - 94
JPK - 93
JJK - 93
Pendles - 93
Gray - 93
Bont - 93
Goldstein - 92
Gawn - 92
Sloane - 92
Rance - 92
Betts - 91
Shaw - 91
NicNat - 90
Wingard - 89
Sam Jacobs - 85
T Boyd - 50

I can't wait to edit the actual in-game ratings to reflect the one true gospel as laid down by GOTHELIONS16.
I can't wait until we get the game and find out that you can't edit default players' ratings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back