AFL Evolution (The video game, not the development concept). A North perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone looking for a copy in Melbourne CBD - JB hi-fi Bourke St don't have any stock. EB games said it was selling like crazy

aussierulesfootyGFcommentator.png

How did Eric Wallace make it into that screenshot?

It's not going to be that low for AFL evo.
Not a big name title so they need to make money back.

EB charging 99.
Lowest has been 79 at target so far.

Just confirmed street date has been broken. Going in to pick up my copy now.

And here I was assuming the lucrative Korean AFL market would have broken the street date first...

I better head down to ebgames Swanston too.

I can't wait to make Atley handball backwards after running two metres, hacking 60m kicks into the forward 50 with ziebell, sending 30m handballs with Cunners, and using Jy to sidestep the entire opposition team.
I expect the free kick count to be plus 50 in favour of the opposition or I'm returning it for false advertising of being a real footy sim

Last edited:
I just picked up $79 JB in Midland.

Should we work on a collaborative All Time NMFC effort

So who's played it? Is it good? More importantly, in the game is it possible to sack Scotts?

a mate told me its pretty good, they have a fifa manager mode which is cool, game play as good as it can be although goal kicking can be difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's alright.

A lot of really nice stuff, a lot of complete trash.

Its a solid platform for them to build on and create a decent series.

Feels like a true successor to the last AFL game.

Be a pro is quite fun. Playing a match as one player and playing your role.

Negatives:
Game is very 1v1, the marking system is absolute rubbish and makes no sense.
Commentary is terrible and at times blatantly wrong or triggers on the wrong cue.
Menus are quite un-intuitive but the presentation itself is very polished.
Very small amount of music tracks and the sound is pumped up 100% too much on what there is. Limited selection of SFX in game also such as one guy screaming NOOOOOO like his wife just got shot whenever a point is scored.
Unfortunately it retains its predecessors get tackled as soon as you get the ball trait, hopefully thats patched out.
AI is trash, Ben brown has marked literally 2m out off my kicks that were going through about 10 times and missed the kick from that distance. When you call for the ball half the time they kick the ball 20m over your head, so its a good simulation of North tactics.

AI is trash, Ben brown has marked literally 2m out off my kicks that were going through about 10 times and missed the kick from that distance.

If that was Josh Bruce it would be quite accurate.

It's alright.

Negatives:
Commentary is terrible and at times blatantly wrong or triggers on the wrong cue.
Very small amount of music tracks and the sound is pumped up 100% too much on what there is. Limited selection of SFX in game also such as one guy screaming NOOOOOO like his wife just got shot whenever a point is scored.
Unfortunately it retains its predecessors get tackled as soon as you get the ball trait, hopefully thats patched out.
AI is trash, Ben brown has marked literally 2m out off my kicks that were going through about 10 times and missed the kick from that distance. When you call for the ball half the time they kick the ball 20m over your head, so its a good simulation of North tactics.

I hope some of the AI and tackling is fixed with a patch. The marking is a bit more difficult as it sounds like it's a "canned" animation in that the result is predetermined.
Oh well, I hope it sells well enough to get better funding for a yearly release.

If the AFL is serious, they should make their eSports comp at Etihad use this game. I can imagine the Koreans, Russians, Americans and Chinese would buy it in truckloads especially if the prize money is good enough

It's alright.

Negatives:
Who would scream not to that?

Haven't played alone yet but it is very fun to play with friends, much better than AFL Live 2, probably better than AFL Live but will need to play it by myself for a bit first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back