AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Is it possible WW have just been contracted in for promotional and in-coverage animations/fluff for the AFL women's league?

(We know they're doing Evolutions but just in relation to this pic I mean)

Last edited:

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It must be terrible having such a negative view of everything

The fact is we're getting a new AFL game and WW are developing it so what's the point in just bashing WW non stop

Tru blu didn't choose to go with big ant after Live 1 and that sucks but they are clearly showing that they have no interest with Big Ant making AFL games so we can either go on and on about what a basket case WW are or we can try and give some helpful criticism and hope they've been given a good amount of time and money on this

I tend to choose to live in reality with Footy games, these days. Hope is for the rookies. It's no use pretending a veteran Footy developer is the best for the job when the writings been on the wall for years that they're not.

Oh, yes, I'm Mr. Negative about how Big Ant made the best Footy game, and wanting that standard to be beat. Give me a break.

I can be very optimistic. It's just when you're fooled 3 times when you get sub-par product, you tend to wise up and stop making excuses.

Your whole argument has been, "The best chef has been fired, so we have to magically give this sub-par chef all the help in the world, just so there's slight chance in 6 years time they maybe a slight fraction as good as the last chef". Nothing but excuses.

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, I screenshotted it because I had a good feeling that it wouldn't be around for long.

The funny thing is that I don't reckon it would have been deleted had I not posted it here, because it doesn't seem like anyone else knew about it. They're definitely monitoring this thread
Can kinda understand WW being a bit annoyed by this "leak" though as it's somewhat of a surprise they probably would've liked to have kept secret until the proper unveiling of the game

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I tend to choose to live in reality with Footy games, these days. Hope is for the rookies. It's no use pretending a veteran Footy developer is the best for the job when the writings been on the wall for years that they're not.

Oh, yes, I'm Mr. Negative about how Big Ant made the best Footy game, and wanting that standard to be beat. Give me a break.

I can be very optimistic. It's just when you're fooled 3 times when you get sub-par product, you tend to wise up and stop making excuses.

Your whole argument has been, "The best chef has been fired, so we have to magically give this sub-par chef all the help in the world, just so there's slight chance in 6 years time they maybe a slight fraction as good as the last chef". Nothing but excuses.
And your whole argument revolves around how great big ant are when they were given more time and a greater budget

Maybe that's WWs fault for not forcing a better deal but as it sits atm WW are making AFL games and big ant aren't (that's a pretty good deal)

You say WW deserve criticism because they accepted a crap dev time and budget but then shouldn't we measure a game on the budget and timeframe it was given (who knows Live 2 might be a great game for the time and budget WW had)

It's gone, again. They took down the tweet of that goal umpire's photoshoot for "AFL Live 3" pretty quickly, too, last year.
I think that pretty much confirms they are monitoring this thread... Hi Wicked Witch, care to tell us anything about your game? Like when it's coming out?

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
And your whole argument revolves around how great big ant are when they were given more time and a greater budget

Maybe that's WWs fault for not forcing a better deal but as it sits atm WW are making AFL games and big ant aren't (that's a pretty good deal)

You say WW deserve criticism because they accepted a crap dev time and budget but then shouldn't we measure a game on the budget and timeframe it was given (who knows Live 2 might be a great game for the time and budget WW had)

Big Ant created a standard, that's why they get high praise. No other developer wanted to move past "kick, mark, goal". The Lacrosse series basically mirrored Footy games, when Big Ant jumped in a created a standard. WW are basically producing the same stuff as the IR Gurus Footy games. But hey, I'm with you. Let's hope they magically produce a better Footy game than Big Ant. But I know what I'm putting my money on...

Big Ant created a standard, that's why they get high praise. No other developer wanted to move past "kick, mark, goal". The Lacrosse series basically mirrored Footy games, when Big Ant jumped in a created a standard. WW are basically producing the same stuff as the IR Gurus Footy games. But hey, I'm with you. Let's hope they magically produce a better Footy game than Big Ant. But I know what I'm putting my money on...
To be fair the IR Gurus games were probably as good as Live 2, barring the graphics, and they were on PS2.

Aflsquads

Senior List
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For those who missed the tweet.

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 9

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think that pretty much confirms they are monitoring this thread... Hi Wicked Witch, care to tell us anything about your game? Like when it's coming out?
Just give us one screenshot with a "coming 2016 or 2017" tag or something please

I just want to know if I'll be playing this around Christmas break or not haha

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
All we know so far is that they have trademarked the name, and began modelling players
This might be one of the last parts of the game, or it might be the first
I certainly wouldn't be expecting a release anytime soon, given we dont know where they are in terms of progress.
The game's been classified so I would think it'd have to be almost finished otherwise why would you have a half finished game classified ?

The game's been classified so I would think it'd have to be almost finished otherwise why would you have a half finished game classified ?
Yeah add to that there was that thing with those game testers for it ages ago. It wouldn't be far away.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Rugby Challenge 3 was classified almost a year before it was released. The AFL Live games, however, were classified within a couple of months of being released. Could be Christmas or it could be start of the season.

It's like David Mackay streaming in to an open goal and missing every time. Sure some people call you a negative fan, but after a certain amount of times of thinking and hoping "Surely this time", you just give up hope as soon as he gets the ball. Except here the ball is AFL video games and Wicked Witch is David Mackay.

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All we know so far is that they have trademarked the name, and began modelling players
This might be one of the last parts of the game, or it might be the first
I certainly wouldn't be expecting a release anytime soon, given we dont know where they are in terms of progress.
The umpires were modelled over a year ago, so I would think the Women's teams would just be the icing on the cake. For all we know WW could have just been waiting for the women's official uniforms to be announced, with just the AFL draft to come before the game is completely finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back