AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren
God damn just a snippet a screenshot acknowledgment of its existence!

God i hate Tru Blu. If only we could crowdfund Big Ant to make Clive Waterhouse Football 16 like we all dream about
Why Clive Waterhouse? If we're going to use an obscure forward from the 90's, Why not use 1999 Coleman Medalist, Scott Cummings? (At least he won something of worth.)

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
Why not put sam reid on the cover? Oh wait..

3df9fa52a195adb44bcbf83c1194c660.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
You would assume they will take a while to finish the new rosters.
Easter would be a reasonable guess.

Why do I have a feeling they will release a 2017 game not before pre-season but around finals time?
Honestly wouldn't surprise me! A late December release with 2016 lists wouldn't surprise me either

Hardest part is conceding that regardless of if this game is crap, I will still buy it. Not for Wicked Witch/Tru Blu, but for the future of AFL games. The dinosaurs at AFL HQ will never fully get behind a game if we aren't buying them, and if the game flops and nobody gets it, the AFL and Tru Blu will can AFL for another 10 years, or until Big Ant can negotiate a licence again

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hardest part is conceding that regardless of if this game is crap, I will still buy it. Not for Wicked Witch/Tru Blu, but for the future of AFL games. The dinosaurs at AFL HQ will never fully get behind a game if we aren't buying them, and if the game flops and nobody gets it, the AFL and Tru Blu will can AFL for another 10 years, or until Big Ant can negotiate a licence again
When Live 2 released I said something similar while everyone was talking about "sending a message" and showing tru blu that we won't buy a WW AFL game, clearly if an AFL game doesn't sell they won't be thinking to change developer as much as they will be to cancel the games altogether

It's lose-lose, they'll always hear what they want to hear.
AFL2 sells heaps = Wicked Witch are great, let's get them to make more
AFL2 sells nothing = People aren't interested in AFL, no more games

The sad part is there's no real avenue to explain to Tru Blu that people want AFL games that are of DBC quality. They don't respond to (or probably even read) emails, facebook or twitter. Tru Blu's entire social marketing strategy can be summed up as "head in the sand and fingers in the ears."

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Its so bizarre, they have a real history of not promoting games (and getting criticized for it). When the name was leaked via classification and a bit of hype was created you'd think that if they had any faith at all in the game, they would release something even if it was as little as an empty stadium or a bouncing ball.

Failing that even a tweet to say 'be patient, something is on the way' would acknowledge that people are interested.

Instead they completely ignore free publicity and say **** all.

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

They said that last time with Live 2. I don't know if buying a quick cash grab type of game is going to help with a potential good Football game. At least not with Wicked Witch involved. I'd rather another developer come a long who loves the sport dearly and knows how to produce games, and crowdfund that or something. The gaming industry is changing all the time, especially how games can get its funding. Just look at Lacrosse 16.

They said that last time with Live 2. I don't know if buying a quick cash grab type of game is going to help with a potential good Football game. At least not with Wicked Witch involved. I'd rather another developer come a long who loves the sport dearly and knows how to produce games, and crowdfund that or something. The gaming industry is changing all the time, especially how games can get its funding. Just look at Lacrosse 16.
Yep. At times like this I'm not even sure that "Any AFL game is better than no game" is true. I played AFL2 for maybe a month maximum before delisting it. Considering the quality of other games around these days, it's getting harder and harder to expect people to be satisfied with a cheap cash grab game. Is getting a crummy port of a Wii game every 3 years that we play for a few weeks but never really enjoy actually any better than not getting anything? If there was no game in the works, that'd at least have the positive that it means we're one step closer to getting a good dev behind it than we are now.

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep. At times like this I'm not even sure that "Any AFL game is better than no game" is true. I played AFL2 for maybe a month maximum before delisting it. Considering the quality of other games around these days, it's getting harder and harder to expect people to be satisfied with a cheap cash grab game. Is getting a crummy port of a Wii game every 3 years that we play for a few weeks but never really enjoy actually any better than not getting anything? If there was no game in the works, that'd at least have the positive that it means we're one step closer to getting a good dev behind it than we are now.

You may as well pop out the old PS2, and start playing the old IR Gurus games. The gameplay is essential the same. There's no evidence Wicked Witch have decided to throw everything out the window and create something completely new. It's quite evident they're happy to produce the same content, ie Rugby Challenge 3.

You may as well pop out the old PS2, and start playing the old IR Gurus games. The gameplay is essential the same. There's no evidence Wicked Witch have decided to throw everything out the window and create something completely new. It's quite evident they're happy to produce the same content, ie Rugby Challenge 3.

Which really sucks. You'd think they'd actually be putting in effort seeing as they're a small dev team who have their chance to make a name for themselves. Maybe it's budget, maybe it's lack of skill. They're based in Melbourne too aren't they? So they'd know how passionate we all are about AFL. And to top it off, there was that guy on here a few months back, who "worked" for Wicked Witch and would have read our comments. Surely they'd be putting some effort in to create a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back