AFL exposure in world newspapers

Remove this Banner Ad

BuffDog

Club Legend
Nov 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I often scan the sports section of the Herald Sun and can find results of the icelandic hockey league or chinese table tennis league,

this got me wondering if AFL results are featured in any newspapers around the world, especially in say England or even New Zealand?

If anyone from an international country could inform me that would be great

Cheers:thumbsu:

I was looking around the AFL New Zealand website today and found this page.

http://nzafl.co.nz/News/NZHeraldOntheMarkWeeklyNewsletter/tabid/395/Default.aspx

Not bad really.

Note however, it's a 'paid' advertisement.

People who claim Victorian's for example as being sporting mono cultures and having blinkers on and all of that, and yet, the Danish soccer results are more prominent in Melb papers than the AFL would be anywhere around the world.

Time for Simon Crean to push the game as an 'export product'.

Why would you push a product that nobody wants.

What a silly question.

Heck, why did Frank Lowy try to force a FIFA WC onto all of us?

why is the ICC trying to grow cricket in China?

why does a car salesman try to nudge you to the car that'll best suit his commission and bonus structures?

AFL results are in Monday's NZ herald along with the local AAFL results.

The only other time Aussie Rules get's in the paper is Fev gets arrested or we see Riewoldt's twanger.

the 2008 Grand final had a small piece in 'de telegraaf' in Holland, mostly commenting on the attendance though

None in the UK.... media is too concerned with the major sport of Football/Soccer... Its even hard to get coverage in local newspapers... People just dont know what the sport is... The Aussie Times in London sponsors AFL London...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back