AFL facility funding over the last 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Found this on twitter, AFL facility funding over the last 5 years.

It would be interesting to see the funding over the past 20 years, I suspect Essendon and Collingwood would be a lot higher.

Port Adelaide have surprisingly got nothing and Melbourne not much at all.

I think it really comes down to a combination of Governments buying votes and the quality of the club management.

Melbourne for example do not have a strong geographical supporter base like Gellong or Bulldogs, so there are no votes to buy.

Melbourne have had such a poor board that has never put forward a reason for the government to give them money outside of being a football club and everyone else got a handout. Other clubs have used the angle of the center also being used for indigenous education, disabled athlete training etc. Government need to at least appear that it's not just handing tax payer money to football clubs.

1613964423754.png

Frank Costa has been pushing his wheelbarrow of `fruit and veg' for decades making offers you can't refuse.

Found this on twitter, AFL facility funding over the last 5 years.

It would be interesting to see the funding over the past 20 years, I suspect Essendon and Collingwood would be a lot higher.

Port Adelaide have surprisingly got nothing and Melbourne not much at all.

I think it really comes down to a combination of Governments buying votes and the quality of the club management.

Melbourne for example do not have a strong geographical supporter base like Gellong or Bulldogs, so there are no votes to buy.

Melbourne have had such a poor board that has never put forward a reason for the government to give them money outside of being a football club and everyone else got a handout. Other clubs have used the angle of the center also being used for indigenous education, disabled athlete training etc. Government need to at least appear that it's not just handing tax payer money to football clubs.

View attachment 1062820

if only Port Adelaide was a marginal seat

Also I am not positive but I think Sydney's funding was partially cancelled as the club announced funding for new training facilities and how it was going to start being built soon but a few months later Covid happened and it was announced that plans for the new Swans facility had been put on hold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back