Resource AFL Fantasy and Supercoach Questions 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks, what is happening with Xavier O'Neill please. Is he progressing ok and is he likely to get a game this year?
Cheers.

COVID has made this hard to track so far. He played in the pre-season but I think had an injury over the break between rounds. He's up in the hub with the rest of the team, but with no reserves games or local training for the regular watchers to go down and see we are reliant on the club reports on the scratch matches to know how he's doing.

COVID has made this hard to track so far. He played in the pre-season but I think had an injury over the break between rounds. He's up in the hub with the rest of the team, but with no reserves games or local training for the regular watchers to go down and see we are reliant on the club reports on the scratch matches to know how he's doing.
This & I get the feeling that he would be behind a few others in the pecking order. If he does crack a game or 2 don't expect too much of the lad!

Thanks for that. From what I read he was a candidate to be omitted anyway - is he best 22 or fringe?

It's divided opinion on him. He's still young, but it does feel like shoe horning him into the wing position is just a way to get him a game rather than earning it on merit at the moment.

That being said he has gradually improved with each game, so there is a bit to work with there. Very much a lump of coal at the moment but could be a diamond in the rough future.

hey guys, what's the job security of jermaine jones? looked promising last week bit i dont know how is viewed internally
Hamstring will do it. He's gonna battle Cameron for a spot when he gets back. And Willie if the ASADA thing ever gets resolved in his favour.

Howdy all :) Elliot Yeo worth picking up in SC? He's really cheap atm but has struggled SC wise so far this year. Is he playing a different role?

Is he playing a different role?
No, just struggling like the bulk of WCE.

Elliot Yeo worth picking up in SC?
I don't know what angry Yeo scored in SC on the weekend, but that's more his usual self. But, with the above you'd be gambling on the form returning permanently.

No, just struggling like the bulk of WCE.

I don't know what angry Yeo scored in SC on the weekend, but that's more his usual self. But, with the above you'd be gambling on the form returning permanently.
Thanks for that... Gaff might be a safer option?

Thanks for that... Gaff might be a safer option?

Gaff's definitely a lot more consistent and the less volatile of the two in terms of scoring, but he also got tagged on the weekend which resulted in his numbers being down slightly so also something to consider.

Gaff's definitely a lot more consistent and the less volatile of the two in terms of scoring, but he also got tagged on the weekend which resulted in his numbers being down slightly so also something to consider.
Thank you mate, Gaff does seem to battle through the tags quite well I think. He's got a good engine on him that's for sure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you mate, Gaff does seem to battle through the tags quite well I think. He's got a good engine on him that's for sure!

Interesting that Ainsworth was brought in this week.

Should mean Gaff goes back to the outside, rather than switching inside like he did last week when Shuey went down.

My view of him has not wavered, he was not a good SC pick...hes maxed out... trade.
I thought he was best 22 or thereabouts. He's been a decent loophole donut for me (as has Georgiades) but we can only hold these blokes for so long whilst they're not playing

I thought he was best 22 or thereabouts. He's been a decent loophole donut for me (as has Georgiades) but we can only hold these blokes for so long whilst they're not playing
Yes he's been given games and glad the club did, undeserved and then he's messed up our structure, we got extremely cocky with his pick this year IMO. He is our future but not in that role, some middling coach got too clever for mine...that coach needs a stern notice too

Hi all.

Ainsworth seems to be the 'next man in' when you lose someone in the midfield, given (I think) he has come in for Shuey a couple of times this year.

Do you expect him to feature throughout the season? If Gaff misses time (I have Gaff in my team) do you expect him to be replaced by Ainsworth?

Hi all.

Ainsworth seems to be the 'next man in' when you lose someone in the midfield, given (I think) he has come in for Shuey a couple of times this year.

Do you expect him to feature throughout the season? If Gaff misses time (I have Gaff in my team) do you expect him to be replaced by Ainsworth?
There's a couple of other young mids (Xavier and Mitch O'Neill - unrelated) who might also get shots. You also might see Brander brought back in, so you couldn't guarantee Ainsworth will always be the next man in.

I don't really follow any kind of fantasy football or anything, but I notice the AFL Fantasy score on their live stats and always find it interesting who rates well. It's always bemusing to me, because it just doesn't seem to match any kind of reality. Versus Geelong, according to AFF Nic Nat scored 70 points. That made him the sixth best Eagle, behind Sheed, Yeo, Kelly, Duggan and Cripps. If you include the Geelong players, he was also behind Duncan, Stewart, Guthrie, Tuohy, Menegola and Dangerfield -- so overall 12 best player afield.

According to Supercoach, though, he was best on ground with 146 points (just ahead of Stewart on 145). Most Eagles supporters seem to be rating Nic Nat as the best Eagles player.

I know fantasy scores are often pretty flawed. But it really looks like AFF is a complete crock of s**t. Or is it just particularly poor at rating ruckmen?

I don't really follow any kind of fantasy football or anything, but I notice the AFL Fantasy score on their live stats and always find it interesting who rates well. It's always bemusing to me, because it just doesn't seem to match any kind of reality. Versus Geelong, according to AFF Nic Nat scored 70 points. That made him the sixth best Eagle, behind Sheed, Yeo, Kelly, Duggan and Cripps. If you include the Geelong players, he was also behind Duncan, Stewart, Guthrie, Tuohy, Menegola and Dangerfield -- so overall 12 best player afield.

According to Supercoach, though, he was best on ground with 146 points (just ahead of Stewart on 145). Most Eagles supporters seem to be rating Nic Nat as the best Eagles player.

I know fantasy scores are often pretty flawed. But it really looks like AFF is a complete crock of sh*t. Or is it just particularly poor at rating ruckmen?

AFL Fantasy is purely based on stats alone, so for Naitanui

6 kicks x 3 = 18
4 handballs x 2 = 8
3 x tackles x 4 = 12
34 hitouts x 1 = 34
1 free for x 1 = 1
1 free against x -3 = -3
Total 70

It's a flawed system to gauge the impact of a player as you can get a tonne of ball and not be a very influential player (see Tom Rockliff)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back